What can you NOT get in your Country?

Nochipra

There are a lot of missions being done in the forums now and I was just curious about other countries? Is there anything that you wish you could get in your country that you know they have in others? Such as special candies, toys, etc. I thought this might be good information for the people who participate in missions that go overseas? If there is something that you know might be of a "resonable" price in another country that people would probably send in a mission package, just name it here and maybe if someone in that country gets you in a mission some day they can refer to this thread to find out what you would like from their country.

One thing I can think of that Chip likes is Russian Babuska (spelling?) dolls. I really don't know what kind of prices they go for in Russia but that's just an example. I'm interested in items that are strictly German since I studied a little German in grade school and junior high school. I've thought about trying to get back into learning the German language. Anyway, it's just a thought and if you would like to start a discussion feel free.

There are a lot of missions being done in the forums now and I was just curious about other countries? Is there anything that you wish you could get in your country that you know they have in others? Such as special candies, toys, etc. I thought this might be good information for the people who participate in missions that go overseas? If there is something that you know might be of a "resonable" price in another country that people would probably send in a mission package, just name it here and maybe if someone in that country gets you in a mission some day they can refer to this thread to find out what you would like from their country.

One thing I can think of that Chip likes is Russian Babuska (spelling?) dolls. I really don't know what kind of prices they go for in Russia but that's just an example. I'm interested in items that are strictly German since I studied a little German in grade school and junior high school. I've thought about trying to get back into learning the German language. Anyway, it's just a thought and if you would like to start a discussion feel free.

DVRs with hard drives. According to an article due to pressure from cable companys and tivo there is only one company selling them in the US now without many features. A Panasonic DVR with a hard drive that sold for under $500.00 a year or so ago is now selling for as high as $1200.00 on Amazon. Yet the article said you can still buy them in Canada.

C'mon, ya'll, Nora was being serious here and it was a nice idea....

Nora, I can't get hershey's kisses, brach's caramels and jolly ranchers and, although I don't eat a lot of candy, I do tend to miss those things!

Then there's the "real" food, like the cheese packets from mac and cheese, Ranch dressing powder mix, velveeta cheese, and corn tortillas.

Hehehe, when I go to the US we usually do a huge grocery run of stuff like that and fill up at least one suitcase with stuff like that!

Naomi :)