Operation Sunshine

mousekakat

Glad to see the last few are trickling in!

Who else hasn't gotten theirs?

I know Chantal is waiting for hers, but she's been in contact with the sender and it's going a long way.

Lindsychris, did you get the mail I sent you today from your sunshine person?

Tooey, are you the only person left otherwise?

Let me know!

Naomi

I was told mine is on it's way, but I'm still waiting too. I'm sure it will be here soon. Well, I hope so. :mad:

Glad to see the last few are trickling in!

Who else hasn't gotten theirs?

I know Chantal is waiting for hers, but she's been in contact with the sender and it's going a long way.

Lindsychris, did you get the mail I sent you today from your sunshine person?

Tooey, are you the only person left otherwise?

Let me know!

Naomi

I was told mine is on it's way, but I'm still waiting too. I'm sure it will be here soon. Well, I hope so. :mad:

Ditto

YAY!!! I received my sunshine mission yesterday. Comes at a great time as my new laptop is giving me problems. You know those commercials with the 2 guys and one is a MAC and one is a PC?? They make me laugh but Vista sucks!!! Should have gotten a MAC. The blue screen of death is not a good thing is it??

Anyway the card and geocoin brightened my day!! I got a great Castleman LE gold coin. And a wonderful card. Thanks so much Liz!!!

So, who's left?

I wouldn't mind doing this one again, there is interest, but with the souvenir and chocolate missions going on, I'm going to hold off a little while!

Trust me, though, I WILL be doing it again!

Naomi :D

We are still waiting for our "official mission."

However, we did received an exciting package today!

I opened the mailbox, and saw a familiar envelope and address label...the address label was OURS! Hmmmm, and the St. Patrick Day stickers looked familar too. Then...I opened the envelope and saw some very familiar CONFETTI! B)

Included in the package was a Sunshine Gang coin, and a very nice note from our mission buddy LadyB4T. Ms. LadyB knew that we were still waiting for our mission, so she took it upon herself to send us a bit of sunshine herself!

Thank you SO much LadyB4t!!! :laughing::D:ph34r:

However, we did received an exciting package today!

I opened the mailbox, and saw a familiar envelope and address label...the address label was OURS! Hmmmm, and the St. Patrick Day stickers looked familar too. Then...I opened the envelope and saw some very familiar CONFETTI! :laughing:

Included in the package was a Sunshine Gang coin, and a very nice note from our mission buddy LadyB4T. Ms. LadyB knew that we were still waiting for our mission, so she took it upon herself to send us a bit of sunshine herself!

Thank you SO much LadyB4t!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

You're welcome!! But I have to ask. Did you get the confetti all over the place when you opened it like I did? LMAO

YAY!!! I received my sunshine mission yesterday. Comes at a great time as my new laptop is giving me problems. You know those commercials with the 2 guys and one is a MAC and one is a PC?? They make me laugh but Vista sucks!!! Should have gotten a MAC. The blue screen of death is not a good thing is it??

Anyway the card and geocoin brightened my day!! I got a great Castleman LE gold coin. And a wonderful card. Thanks so much Liz!!!

Thats a shame about the laptop. I got to work this morning, logged in, saw that it wanted a reboot from the updates installed overnight, went to click a button and bang - BSOD. Oh, yay!! Have had a few off and on lately... but this morning I got one every few minutes... BSOD after BSOD after BSOD! Sigh.

I have long had a suspicion of what it was but the symptoms haven't really fitted. But, disabled the onboard NIC, installed a new NIC and away I went. 10 BSOD's before doing it, none after. YAY.

Loved those ad's when we had them on TV here too. They were great!! Totally agree with you on VISTA!!! Bring back Windows XP!

Oh... and buy a Dell :laughing: - get rid of that %$@$ :laughing:

[i can feel the flaming coming already!]

So am I the only one still waiting on the first "Sunshine" operation?

I'm getting ready to send a coin across the big lake to see how long

it takes to get there. I just hope my slow boat doesn't sink. :sad:

Oh dear - mission was no longer secret - a second envelope has been sent.

Getting real disappointment in the mail delivery. One mailed 3 March, replacement 9 April.

NZ Post get my incoming mail to me from the US within a week. The reverse seems so slow.

I've received a choccy mission from UK within a week too.

Joranda - know that you were not overlooked...

Pity courier mail to US is around $40 - I would be tempted to use that !

it takes to get there. I just hope my slow boat doesn't sink. :P

Getting real disappointment in the mail delivery. One mailed 3 March, replacement 9 April.

NZ Post get my incoming mail to me from the US within a week. The reverse seems so slow.

I agree with you there!!! It is a shame there are real disparities between postal systems - people in the US can send track and trace parcels cheaply, we... well we pay a huge fortune for the same privilege. :D

Even just for international postage! Cheapest we can send one coin to the US for is nearly NZ$6.76 (if it is not a letter, or contains something with a letter then it *must* go as a parcel).

Thats a shame about the laptop. I got to work this morning, logged in, saw that it wanted a reboot from the updates installed overnight, went to click a button and bang - BSOD. Oh, yay!! Have had a few off and on lately... but this morning I got one every few minutes... BSOD after BSOD after BSOD! Sigh.

I have long had a suspicion of what it was but the symptoms haven't really fitted. But, disabled the onboard NIC, installed a new NIC and away I went. 10 BSOD's before doing it, none after. YAY.

Loved those ad's when we had them on TV here too. They were great!! Totally agree with you on VISTA!!! Bring back Windows XP!

Oh... and buy a Dell :D - get rid of that %$@$ :P

LOL!! The hubby has a Dell. Really nice too. I think he has caused a few BSOD's on my computer because he sees it as a new toy and has been installing linux and vmware to see what happens. But I get the BSOD whenever I try and plug in something in the usb ports...my scanner, external hard drive, whatever we connect gives me the BSOD. Ahhh so much fun LOL

I would be in for another mission if there is a bit of a break in between please. :D

No, we're still waiting as well. We haven't received our package from our original sender--only a surprise package from LadyBee4t!

Oh... and buy a Dell :P - get rid of that %$@$ :D

LOL!! The hubby has a Dell. Really nice too. I think he has caused a few BSOD's on my computer because he sees it as a new toy and has been installing linux and vmware to see what happens. But I get the BSOD whenever I try and plug in something in the usb ports...my scanner, external hard drive, whatever we connect gives me the BSOD. Ahhh so much fun LOL

I would be in for another mission if there is a bit of a break in between please. :D

LOL - Oh dear... actually I wonder if vmware has been causing some of my issues too! Have been playing around a little with Puppy Linux - very nice, easy to install, easy to use - and very tiny and robust - can install to a usb key and move it relatively easily from PC to PC!

Oh, no need for that extra expense. Just was wondering how long the over sea mail was since I need to be sending one out soon. :D

No, we're still waiting as well. We haven't received our package from our original sender--only a surprise package from LadyBee4t!

That was nice to get a surprise like that. :D

Oh, no need for that extra expense. Just was wondering how long the over sea mail was since I need to be sending one out soon. :P

I get mail from UK and US within 10 days of mailing. Does this help your decision.

I suspect if going to a smaller country there may be less handling, less sorting, less dividing of shipments etc.

However, we did receive an exciting package today!

I opened the mailbox, and saw a familiar envelope and address label...the address label was OURS! Hmmmm, and the St. Patrick Day stickers looked familar too. Then...I opened the envelope and saw some very familiar CONFETTI! :)

Included in the package was a Sunshine Gang coin, and a very nice note from our mission buddy LadyBee4T. Ms. LadyBee knew that we were still waiting for our mission, so she took it upon herself to send us a bit of sunshine herself!

Thank you SO much LadyB4t!!! :):D:D

You're welcome!! But I have to ask. Did you get the confetti all over the place when you opened it like I did? LMAO

Well....when I saw the stickers,I wondered about the confetti, so I opened it carefully...that stuff is STATIC-Y!! Only a few pieces got on the counter! :D

I got home from the CITO event that I hosted in my home town park. It rained most of the morning. Well I checked the mailbox and found my bundle of sunshine just sitting there waiting on me. I was so excited. Thanks so much for the post card and the two coins you sent me. I'll have to upload a picture later. The package was post marked the 9th of April. Can't believe it takes ten days to travel here. It was worth the wait. Thank you so much for the coins. :blink: It really brightened my day. :unsure:

I got home from the CITO event that I hosted in my home town park. It rained most of the morning. Well I checked the mailbox and found my bundle of sunshine just sitting there waiting on me. I was so excited. Thanks so much for the post card and the two coins you sent me. I'll have to upload a picture later. The package was post marked the 9th of April. Can't believe it takes ten days to travel here. It was worth the wait. Thank you so much for the coins. :blink: It really brightened my day. :unsure:

Fantastic - it made it!

Hopefully the one mailed 3 March will eventually turn up also.

Hallelujah! You were the final one I was waiting for!

This mission, with the exception of the very late one between two folks here, is done, all sent, all received!

Thanks, everyone, for making it a successful one!

YAY!!

Naomi :grin:

is it time for round 2 now :laughing: ?

New Sunshine Mission (v2):

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name - Yes (13/04/2008)

3. Mission Complete - Yes (posted today, Sorry for tardiness, playing catchup)

4. Mission Arrived! - Yes - many thanks to girl_friday for the nice letter and the great "Never Stop Geocaching 2006" geocoin :D