Operation Sunshine

mousekakat

You guys are nuts!

I've got about 8 missions still AWOL, although I know a couple are definitely in transit.

As soon as most are in we can DEFINITELY do this again!

I think that Chantal, aka PengoMommy, has a wicked little thought for a very, very sweet mission, too... stay tuned folks, stay tuned!!

Naomi :)

Opps... Sorry Naomi - have I created a whole lot more work for you? :laughing:

You are SO not sorry, lolol! You... you... you... DURAN DURAN FAN!!!

Naomi :ph34r:

"Wow!

Moving on the floor now babe you're a bird of paradise.

Cherry ice cream smile I suppose it's very nice

With a step to your left and a flick to the right

You catch that mirror way out west

You know you're something special and you look like you're the best.

Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand.

Just like that river twisting through a dusty land.

And when she shines she really shows you all she can

Oh Rio Rio dance across the Rio Grande."

Naomi ;)

AHHHHHHHHHH - you told, you told! :ph34r:

Dont worry Keewee, I am a fan of Duran Duran too...that Mousey Cat just doesn't know good music when she hears it B) B)

Naomi :P

AHHHHHHHHHH - you told, you told! ;)

Dont worry Keewee, I am a fan of Duran Duran too...that Mousey Cat just doesn't know good music when she hears it ;):P

Actually she did admit a few things to me whilst teasing me about my musical tastes... B)

It was one of those groups who I never, ever thought in my wildest dreams that I would get to see. It was an amazing concert - I am so glad we made the effort to go... but thats quite a few months of coins I have to be very conservative about buying ;)B) B)

Turns out we were even staying in the same hotel as them!! (But didn't know that until after they'd left)

Concert started with a few newer songs... everyone stayed seated as we didn't know the words! :ph34r:

Back on topic... This was a great mission - many thanks to Naomi for organizing it. It was fun to have a quick fire coin send :)

Joranda, a little sunbeam came into my mailbox today and let me know that yours is on the way and actually has been for a while, it's coming from across the BIG pond. It's just one of those patience things!

Naomi ;)

How big is the pond that it is crossing? ;) Anyone else still waiting for the sun to shine. ;)

Joranda, a little sunbeam came into my mailbox today and let me know that yours is on the way and actually has been for a while, it's coming from across the BIG pond. It's just one of those patience things!

How big is the pond that it is crossing? :laughing: Anyone else still waiting for the sun to shine. :P

It's about as far as it can cross without making it's way back to the opposite coast of the US :)

I do know who sent it, though, and she's trustworthy!!

How big is the pond that it is crossing? :P Anyone else still waiting for the sun to shine. :)

We're still waiting too...kind of stinks since we sent our mission a month ago, and it was such a simple, quick mission. :laughing:

How big is the pond that it is crossing? :) Anyone else still waiting for the sun to shine. :)

We're still waiting too...kind of stinks since we sent our mission a month ago, and it was such a simple, quick mission. :laughing:

I'm still waiting :P

:):laughing::) Finally our mission arrived on Monday :P:P:P

Would have posted sooner but we were trying to get pictures to work. Since we had no luck, thought we should at least post that the sunshine did indeed arrive in Madison Heights. Just in the nick of time as the Tigers blew a 3 run lead to loose their opener.

We received a Lady Luck Coin with red hair, just like the better half of TeamEccs21 and a SCYoli Geojelly.

Thanks very much. :)

Edited by TeamEccs21

Been MONTHS since I last logged in here, was searchin' for a refresher on how to project a waypoint in the forums and stumbled across this wonderful thread by Naomi!!

In the event that this girl has made it in the nick of time, I've got an unactivated coin that I'd like to contribute to the cause... Hats off toya for this opportunity! Thanks for taking the time to coordinate 65 folks?!!!

I'll send my info, if I'm too late to play along, 'sall good!! :laughing:

Take Care Everyone!!!

1. Participating: Email sent

2. Received Name:

3. Mission Complete:

4. Mission:

Been MONTHS since I last logged in here, was searchin' for a refresher on how to project a waypoint in the forums and stumbled across this wonderful thread by Naomi!!

In the event that this girl has made it in the nick of time, I've got an unactivated coin that I'd like to contribute to the cause... Hats off toya for this opportunity! Thanks for taking the time to coordinate 65 folks?!!!

I'll send my info, if I'm too late to play along, 'sall good!! :laughing:

Take Care Everyone!!!

2. Received Name:

3. Mission Complete:

4. Mission:

I can match you up with someone, easily enough, but there is a new mission going on that you might be interested in, especially since it involves.... CHOCOLATE!

I got your email, let me know if you want sunshine or chocolate :P

bump to top of list again

2. Received Name: Yes

3. Mission Complete: Sent, but no posts yet - sent by Airmail 3 March.

4. Mission: Sunshine still anticipated..... patience is wonderful.

But count me in for two should the mission be repeated, woken up to cool morning, with fog.

Autumn is making it's presence known.

Leaves on the ground.

Colourful trees.

Cool mornings and evenings.

Hot days.

I posted that I got my mission, well I actually got to open it. I love it!

A smiley faced envelope with a beautiful card inside with 3 beautiful coins! I received an ISCGA coin, which I am part of but didnt have a coin. A Do Unto others coin, I love hedgehogs! And last but not least a Kansas Sunflower coin! I really love Sunflowers. So thank you Lori for filling my day with sunshine and sunflowers! :)

Just got home from MOGAs Mega event. Plenty of sunshine there. When I got home and checked the mail, still no sunshine here. As the others posted, "wasn't this a supposed to be a short and easy mission?" ;)

I guess I sent my mission out way too fast. ;) Lesson learned. :grin:

Just got home from MOGAs Mega event. Plenty of sunshine there. When I got home and checked the mail, still no sunshine here. As the others posted, "wasn't this a supposed to be a short and easy mission?" :unsure:

I guess I sent my mission out way too fast. :( Lesson learned. :)

You have an email......

Something went astray in the snail mail. Hopefully it is currently on a slow boat..... rather than totally lost.

Just got home from MOGAs Mega event. Plenty of sunshine there. When I got home and checked the mail, still no sunshine here. As the others posted, "wasn't this a supposed to be a short and easy mission?" :(

I guess I sent my mission out way too fast. :) Lesson learned. :blink:

You have an email......

Something went astray in the snail mail. Hopefully it is currently on a slow boat..... rather than totally lost.

Thank you for the email, it brings me some sunshine, or at least brightened my morning. :unsure:

Just got home from MOGAs Mega event. Plenty of sunshine there. When I got home and checked the mail, still no sunshine here. As the others posted, "wasn't this a supposed to be a short and easy mission?" B)

I guess I sent my mission out way too fast. :D Lesson learned. B)

You have an email......

Thank you for the email, it brings me some sunshine, or at least brightened my morning. B)

Replacement sent - NZ Sunshine on it's way AGAIN.

new lesson - it dawned on me AFTER I sent it, thank I should have RECORDED the tracking # of the coins sent..... duh! Then I can occassionally search and see if someone other than the intended has activated it...

Next mission - will do so

:)

Nothing here...still no emails from the sender.

Ditto..... maybe the email that we got ended up in their spam basket. Or maybe they have an email address for geocaching emails only, that only gets read occassionally.

I know I get up to 1,000 emails a day after an event when I take the coin collection.

One thing - maybe we still have sunshine coming our way. I'm still looking on the bright side - maybe a little naive, but I like to be hopeful rather than angry or disillusioned. :o

Just got home from MOGAs Mega event. Plenty of sunshine there. When I got home and checked the mail, still no sunshine here. As the others posted, "wasn't this a supposed to be a short and easy mission?" :o

I guess I sent my mission out way too fast. :) Lesson learned. :D

You have an email......

This is a good idea, and I do this. And when I am sure the coins are really missing - I give it a good couple of months - I activate the coins and name them as "MISSING/STOLEN". I have several early package go missing where I didn't record the numbers :).

Edited by keewee

Just got home from MOGAs Mega event. Plenty of sunshine there. When I got home and checked the mail, still no sunshine here. As the others posted, "wasn't this a supposed to be a short and easy mission?" :o

You have an email......

This is a good idea, and I do this. And when I am sure the coins are really missing - I give it a good couple of months - I activate the coins and name them as "MISSING/STOLEN". I have several early package go missing where I didn't record the numbers :).

I agree, I now keep a record of everything, if I sell a coin on eBay I now always sell it with the activation code included, that way I know when I am selling a coin it is not activated, and I have a record of all the relevant details and the same for trades. I have muggled coins that travelled 0 miles, and FTF coin prizes which of course were not activated - reminds me - I must go check to see if any of those have been activated.

You have an email......

I never thought about doing that either. From now on, I'm writing them all down just in case that happens to me.

One thing - maybe we still have sunshine coming our way. I'm still looking on the bright side - maybe a little naive, but I like to be hopeful rather than angry or disillusioned.

yipee! I've got SUNSHINE!!!! :laughing:<_<<_<<_<:huh:;);)

Today's mail on a cloudy day....

A very overcast day here in Hamilton, the day of a large funeral for a firefighter killed in a coolstore explosion. The day of traffic mayhem due to the long funeral procession.

An overcast autumn day and I've got SUNSHINE.

The postal system has caught up and my thanks go to KYK96 for a lovely card and the geoswag daisy coin & pin. One of my favourites.

geocoin_04_07_back.jpg

Hope is alive! Sunshine made it to little ol' New Zealand today.

Sunshine_zoom%20copy.jpg

Glad to see the last few are trickling in!

Who else hasn't gotten theirs?

I know Chantal is waiting for hers, but she's been in contact with the sender and it's going a long way.

Lindsychris, did you get the mail I sent you today from your sunshine person?

Tooey, are you the only person left otherwise?

Let me know!

Naomi

Glad to see the last few are trickling in!

Who else hasn't gotten theirs?

I know Chantal is waiting for hers, but she's been in contact with the sender and it's going a long way.

Lindsychris, did you get the mail I sent you today from your sunshine person?

Tooey, are you the only person left otherwise?

Let me know!

Naomi

Yep - I'm still waiting