Operation Sunshine

mousekakat

Still no sunshine here in IN...although I lied a bit...it's really nice out there today, 60 and sunny....hopefully the package is just taking the slow boat from China to get to me! ;)

I know the person who has you and they have sent it out. You should get it in the next day or two ;)

and Dorsetgal... you ARE evil!! I concede that you are the more stubborn of us, but I gave it a good shot!

Naomi ;)

YEA!!!! Something else to look forward to! Thanks for another great mission Naomi! B)

ThirstyMick, glad you liked your mission!

Yes, we knew it was a simple "one coin" mission, but how could we not send the Kansas sunshine? The dreamcatcher is nontrackable (an error coin or ???) and who doesn't love the virtual ghost for a little cheering up?! ;)

We're still waiting for our mission.

Popped home at lunch time and grabbed a couple of things out of the mailbox, including a bubble mailer... not from anyone I know... this mailer had an air of excitement about it...

Inside I reached for the scissors and snipped open the end of the mailer... out slid a green envelope with my name on it...

Snipped open the envelope and inside was a very nice card with a watercolour scene on it... and inside the card was a beautiful message

Craig,

I hope this brings you

a little sunshine and

plenty of smiles.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Excitedly I danced around the room.... the card was signed by none other than....

The Highland Geofairy

And there taped to the inside of the card was Highland Geofairy coin # 021!!!!

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you Oh great Highland Geofairy.

My smile reached right across my face from side to side and there certainly was a lot of sunshine. Wow! What a surprise. Again - Thank You very much!!

Edited by keewee
Menace66:

1. Participating - Email sent

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete: Ready for the mail Monday morning.

4. Mission Arrived! His arrived today from Canada. What a perfect coin, Team Sand Dollar 2006. It might still be snowing and still be winter here but when we saw this coin we thought of sunshine. We go to the coast many times in the summer looking for sand dollars. It is fun looking for them and watching the tide bring them in. Thank you Irene, it was a perfect sunshine coin for us and we didn't have one. Thanks to you we do now and we have it with our other sand dollars. Thank you. It brought sunshine, smiles and memories.

000201F9.gif

The Mrs.

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete: Ready for the mail Monday morning.

4. Mission Arrived!

Yes. Received it today from Tank Hounds. I received their 00 hockey jersey, their pathtag and a Grover geotag. With a 3 year old grandson you know he was excited to see that. It really was a sunshine day. Thank you so very much.

27af054c-2cdf-4584-a894-80e1dd4a8544.jpg

Still no sunshine here in IN...although I lied a bit...it's really nice out there today, 60 and sunny....hopefully the package is just taking the slow boat from China to get to me! :D

I know the person who has you and they have sent it out. You should get it in the next day or two :D

and Dorsetgal... you ARE evil!! I concede that you are the more stubborn of us, but I gave it a good shot!

Naomi :laughing:

Yea ! It came today! Thank you!!! I got a pretty card and one of those hinged butterfly coins! So neat! Thanks! Made my day!! :(;) ;)

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete: Yes mailed March 4

4. Mission Arrived: Not yet YES!! It arrived today :D

I took a break from working on my business tax return and checked the mail. Inside the mailbox I found a bubble mailer containing a black nickel Bit "O" Luck geocoin, a GW bus pin, and a cute little card with a note from Hasseper.

This was just the ray of sunshine I needed after crunching numbers all day. THANK YOU HASSEPER :laughing::D

Yesterday I got a card and a California Micro coin from hollora. Brought me a little bit of sunshine, Thanks so much! :);):(

It is so good to have this community ;) Thank you all. Look what other local cachers here think of me:

A local cache Look at the Spoiler picture :D:laughing: It hurts me, and the worst thing about it is that nobody else seems to care and nobody seems to think that there is anything wrong with that "Spoiler" :D

Just when I thought my week could not get any crazier, any busier, and any more troublesome, this comes in the mail!

A great big bubble wrap envelope with a card inside and Hello Nurse Nanna! written in big bold glittery pink letters!

Inside I found a dorkfish nudibranch coin and a This cacher needs maintenance coin!

I have not gotten either one of these before and they are WONDERFUL!

THANK YOU KRAZY TROLLZ!

A real treat from Sunny PA!

What a great time of fun this is and what a bright ray of sunshine to an otherwise rough day!

Hopefully my mission that I sent will arrive soon too.....though it was going an awful long way!

Thank you for this very fun mission! It was my first ever!

47b5b314-4ce5-4d37-af84-53e3abbb47c8.jpg

Just a generic reply to say: I am really sorry my mission person! I sent my 3 missions out together, and forgot to sign the customs declaration form (the local post office people didnt notice either).

So my three packages have come back to me, and I'll have to repost on Monday. That will mean you'll be getting your packages late :D Sorry! :D

Edited by Cheesy pigs

Just when I thought my week could not get any crazier, any busier, and any more troublesome, this comes in the mail!

A great big bubble wrap envelope with a card inside and Hello Nurse Nanna! written in big bold glittery pink letters!

Inside I found a dorkfish nudibranch coin and a This cacher needs maintenance coin!

I have not gotten either one of these before and they are WONDERFUL!

THANK YOU KRAZY TROLLZ!

A real treat from Sunny PA!

What a great time of fun this is and what a bright ray of sunshine to an otherwise rough day!

Hopefully my mission that I sent will arrive soon too.....though it was going an awful long way!

Thank you for this very fun mission! It was my first ever!

Cute card! Reminds me of this photo I took when I was working at a photo studio :D

BABY.jpg

Well, after a grueling 15 hour day - getting ready for and working a sportsman show for my Conservation Club, I came home to coin mail. In the envelopes was one marked "Sunshine Express". There is an address so now my detective mode will have to kick in!

Will post some photos once this marathon show weekend is over. Until then, Sunshine - thank you for the beautiful St. Patirck Day's card, personal mesaage (yeah, I too am glad I stayed ;-) and Team One Celtic Arrow coin - WOW! That is beautiful.

You really made my day ~ will share a photo with others the first of the week. And, Naomi - thanks for the Sunshine Mission which was lots of fun!

Yesterday I got a card and a California Micro coin from hollora. Brought me a little bit of sunshine, Thanks so much! :lol::):blink:

It is so good to have this community :blink: Thank you all. Look what other local cachers here think of me:

A local cache Look at the Spoiler picture :):blink: It hurts me, and the worst thing about it is that nobody else seems to care and nobody seems to think that there is anything wrong with that "Spoiler" :blink:

We're they trying to make a joke?!? That just isn't right. :blink:

Yesterday I got a card and a California Micro coin from hollora. Brought me a little bit of sunshine, Thanks so much! :lol::):blink:

It is so good to have this community :blink: Thank you all. Look what other local cachers here think of me:

A local cache Look at the Spoiler picture :):blink: It hurts me, and the worst thing about it is that nobody else seems to care and nobody seems to think that there is anything wrong with that "Spoiler" :blink:

Agreed - that just is not right! Chin high and keep marching on.

A local cache Look at the Spoiler picture :blink::blink: It hurts me, and the worst thing about it is that nobody else seems to care and nobody seems to think that there is anything wrong with that "Spoiler" :blink:

I'm sorry to hear, this can nobody speaks to that people, or let them remove the spoiler.

Somebody in German must no you well enough to help you. :)

I wish you : be strong.

A local cache Look at the Spoiler picture :blink::blink: It hurts me, and the worst thing about it is that nobody else seems to care and nobody seems to think that there is anything wrong with that "Spoiler" :blink:

I'm sorry to hear, this can nobody speaks to that people, or let them remove the spoiler.

Sabrina, that is just WRONG, and I will be sending a message to the reviewer of that cache telling them that I find it offensive, and if THEY don't fix it, I'll be sending a message to Groundspeak about it. I encourage others to do the same.

That is VERY wrong. Hang in there, sweetie!

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Cute card! Reminds me of this photo I took when I was working at a photo studio :blink:

BABY.jpg

OMG, both those are sooooo cute! Jackie, did you need a shot of insulin after all that sweetness that time you took that picture? What a precious one! :blink: :blink: :blink:

Naomi :blink:

Sabrina, that is just WRONG, and I will be sending a message to the reviewer of that cache telling them that I find it offensive, and if THEY don't fix it, I'll be sending a message to Groundspeak about it. I encourage others to do the same.

That is VERY wrong. Hang in there, sweetie!

:blink::lol::blink:

Cute card! Reminds me of this photo I took when I was working at a photo studio :blink:

BABY.jpg

OMG, both those are sooooo cute! Jackie, did you need a shot of insulin after all that sweetness that time you took that picture? What a precious one! :blink: :blink: :blink:

Naomi :blink:

Good for you, mousekakat. :blink:

That are strong words that will work.

Keep us posted.

Thanks a lot for all your kind words and your support!!! :)

I asked the cacheowner about it and it seems that he doesn't like my DNF logs on T1 or T1,5 caches that I can't reach because I am not tall enough (and I am usually caching alone). Those caches have nothing in their description that you have to be at least 1.80 m tall to reach the cache, and the terrain rating is not high enough (most of the time T1, sometimes T1,5). So I log a DNF and I write that the cache cannot be reached for a person like me who is only 1.65 m tall, so that other cachers know what to expect. I see nothing wrong with that, but the owner of that cache sees that a little bit different. And instead of including the information in the cache description that the cache might be hard to find for small persons (which would be useful for many cachers) he tries to keep me and my log away from the cache with his nice "Spoiler" picture (which isn't a spoiler at all). He told me that he will include that "attribute" with all future caches that have similar conditions, and maybe on older caches, too. I had an email conversation today and he believes that there is absolute nothing wrong about what he is doing and that I am the person that should stop trying to "convert" other cachers by writing honest logs which from time to time might address a problem and not only "Thanks for the great cache". :lol:

Again, thanks for your support!!! :)

I asked the cacheowner about it and it seems that he doesn't like my DNF logs on T1 or T1,5 caches that I can't reach because I am not tall enough (and I am usually caching alone). Those caches have nothing in their description that you have to be at least 1.80 m tall to reach the cache, and the terrain rating is not high enough (most of the time T1, sometimes T1,5). So I log a DNF and I write that the cache cannot be reached for a person like me who is only 1.65 m tall, so that other cachers know what to expect. I see nothing wrong with that, but the owner of that cache sees that a little bit different. And instead of including the information in the cache description that the cache might be hard to find for small persons (which would be useful for many cachers) he tries to keep me and my log away from the cache with his nice "Spoiler" picture (which isn't a spoiler at all). He told me that he will include that "attribute" with all future caches that have similar conditions, and maybe on older caches, too. I had an email conversation today and he believes that there is absolute nothing wrong about what he is doing and that I am the person that should stop trying to "convert" other cachers by writing honest logs which from time to time might address a problem and not only "Thanks for the great cache". :lol:

Again, thanks for your support!!! :)

Sabrina

By allowing this person to bother you, you are feeding this person. My suggestion for you is simple...ignore this person and all their hides. Don't let childih actions as this upset you, just wear the "spoiler" as a badge!! You are reporting the problem with a cache, others are now forewarned!! If they can't put the proper info into a cache description simply because it'll give away the hide, maybe they should make better hides...and label the hides properly!

Chin up kiddo...we love you!!

Sabrina

By allowing this person to bother you, you are feeding this person. My suggestion for you is simple...ignore this person and all their hides. Don't let childish actions as this upset you, just wear the "spoiler" as a badge!! You are reporting the problem with a cache, others are now forewarned!! If they can't put the proper info into a cache description simply because it'll give away the hide, maybe they should make better hides...and label the hides properly!

Chin up kiddo...we love you!!

Wise words, my friend, wise words!!

Naomi :)

Well all that know me and met me know I am short but that doesnt stop me from geocaching. I am a dwarf, and if I go geocaching alone there is many times I have run across on not being able to find a cache myself because I am to short. This is mostly why I dont attend geocaching by myself unless it is a cache I have already visited before and know right where it is. Otherwise if it says wherechair friendly or I make sure that there is a hint saying something for me to beleive it is where is going to be where I can reach it or get it with a stick or so on. Alot of times I have my walking stick along and that have helped me alot in more ways then one myself. Heck so no matter on your height a spoiler like that should never be used, I think it is unexaceptable. A cache is places with intentions for anyone to be able to attempt the find.

That my input

Val of sweetlife

I asked the cacheowner about it and it seems that he doesn't like my DNF logs on T1 or T1,5 caches that I can't reach because I am not tall enough (and I am usually caching alone). Those caches have nothing in their description that you have to be at least 1.80 m tall to reach the cache, and the terrain rating is not high enough (most of the time T1, sometimes T1,5). So I log a DNF and I write that the cache cannot be reached for a person like me who is only 1.65 m tall, so that other cachers know what to expect. I see nothing wrong with that, but the owner of that cache sees that a little bit different. And instead of including the information in the cache description that the cache might be hard to find for small persons (which would be useful for many cachers) he tries to keep me and my log away from the cache with his nice "Spoiler" picture (which isn't a spoiler at all). He told me that he will include that "attribute" with all future caches that have similar conditions, and maybe on older caches, too. I had an email conversation today and he believes that there is absolute nothing wrong about what he is doing and that I am the person that should stop trying to "convert" other cachers by writing honest logs which from time to time might address a problem and not only "Thanks for the great cache". :blink:

Again, thanks for your support!!! :lol:

Sabrina. keep you head up high and ignore those cacher.

I think that not every body in german thinks that what they have doing is funny.

Enjoy this forum, you're are beloved. :)

Be strong and succes. :blink:

Yesterday I got a card and a California Micro coin from hollora. Brought me a little bit of sunshine, Thanks so much! :o:o:o

It is so good to have this community :o Thank you all. Look what other local cachers here think of me:

A local cache Look at the Spoiler picture :anibad::o It hurts me, and the worst thing about it is that nobody else seems to care and nobody seems to think that there is anything wrong with that "Spoiler" :o

Sabrina - Sorry I did not notice your post last night. I was exhausted. Sure makes my day full of sunshine that you were hoppy with my little gift. I read your original post when this mission started and felt so bad for you. So, I wrote Naomi and asked for your addy - hey, this little bear had sunshine and I had a couple! :o I am thrilled you like the coin!

Saw the rest of your post. Yes, that is hurtful but later on in the thread is some wise and sage advice. There are many caches out there. Enjoy your coins - and seek other caches ~ do not fuel their cause and just ignore it.

Happy Spring - it is coming! Cache on and Cache Happy! Hugs! :o

It was sunny today in Calgary, Alberta and I figured it was becasue of Saint Patrick's Day. Well the sunshine continued throughout the day (included a couple pints of Guinness :o )

I got home to find a bubble mailer - the Sweden stamps were enough of a sunshine gift ;) . I received a Solan109 wooden token plus a sparkly green nerd and a travel penguin Geocoin.

Thanks very much Solan109.

Now - do do I send the penguin out to travel...he's so cute.

Popped home at lunch time and grabbed a couple of things out of the mailbox, including a bubble mailer... not from anyone I know... this mailer had an air of excitement about it...

Inside I reached for the scissors and snipped open the end of the mailer... out slid a green envelope with my name on it...

Snipped open the envelope and inside was a very nice card with a watercolour scene on it... and inside the card was a beautiful message

Craig,

I hope this brings you

a little sunshine and

plenty of smiles.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Excitedly I danced around the room.... the card was signed by none other than....

The Highland Geofairy

And there taped to the inside of the card was Highland Geofairy coin # 021!!!!

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you Oh great Highland Geofairy.

My smile reached right across my face from side to side and there certainly was a lot of sunshine. Wow! What a surprise. Again - Thank You very much!!

08opsun.jpg

Still have not gotten any email or anything from the person we sent our Sunshine Mision to. Hope is all well with her. Maybe see if someone can give her a call and check to see if everything is okay, and ask if she had gotten our mission. If you got our mission could you post it please. Thnaks Much.

sweetlife

Well, like I said, I'm keeping an eye on the missions and I'm happy to report that 26 of 66 missions have been completed in entirety - that is to say, they have sent their missions, the recipient has received it, and they have also received their mission

:lol:

The remainder are in various different stages of the mission.

Please be sure to either drop me an email or post here when you've received your mission, and if there has been something happen in your life that means you're not going to be able to send out your mission, please let me know privately and I'll see that your mission person receives a little sunshine!

Thanks for participating, ya'll! This has been a pleasure to watch :)

Naomi

321371236wrfoplphvv5.jpg

Thanks Naomi,

We contact someone to maybe see if the person that got our mission is okay, since havent been in the forums much lately and see if all is well. We hope all is well and nothing is happened. Life does have difficulties at times, we are not being rude just want to know for sure if thhey received our missin is all, andmostly if they are okay since we havent heard from them.

sweetlife

KAboom's mission came yesterday and I was going to post...sorry I forgot!!

It was great too as I went after the mail instead of having him do it, so I was able to surprise him!! In the mail, there was a pair of items from BASIC (they must really love me)...TWO smoker's portable litter devices! Anyone else get these? Kinda cool, they're a pocket case with a nice deer etched into the brushed nickel finish. The inside is like an ashtray, has a place to put out cigs and then you just put them in the case!! OK, back to the sunshine mission lol!!

I came through the door yipping about having coin mail...and then threw the bubbler to KAboom...his face lit right up!! He opened the envelope and removed a great card...and a Treasure Map coin as well as a set of TB tags!! WOW! He was sooo happy, he quickly put the coin in his binder (yep, he's got his own now and loves to check it out)...right in the very front!!

THANK-YOU our not-so-secret SUNSHINE person, we truly appreciate it! And THANK-YOU Naomi for doing this awesome ission!! No coins for me yesterday, but the smile on KAboom's face was enough to make up for that!! Oh, and those BASIC guys...THANKS!!

Mission arrived!!

We got our ray of sunshine today, sure hope it works the weather forecast is for freezing rain today. We got 2 great coins from Jan and the Percey Boys....Dedicated Followers of Caching and The Light Dawns...that one is really great. I'm not a big fan of puzzle caches cuz the light doesn't dawn real quick for me!

Thanks again to.... Jan and the Percey Boys

dadgum blast etc my life seems to be all bathroom fixing and hospital visits at present so I did not report the beautiful coin I recieved a week or so ago - sorry

Bob

No problems at all, Bob, as long as everything is ok! Hope all is getting better with the hospital stuff!

Glad to see the other missions coming in :lol:.

YAY, up to 31 out of 66! Of course the ones coming and going overseas can take a bit longer, so no worries!

And Val, I'm going to get her buddy to check on her, I agree, she's been way too quiet!

Naomi

BY THE WAY~~

Thank you Geo.Error for the great card and swag items that the girls have otherwise claimed as their own! It was a spot of sunshine in our grey, winter mix/snowy day!

Naomi :)

Well, like I said, I'm keeping an eye on the missions and I'm happy to report that 26 of 66 missions have been completed in entirety - that is to say, they have sent their missions, the recipient has received it, and they have also received their mission :)

The remainder are in various different stages of the mission.

26 of 66..... that makes 40 still outstanding. Thanks for that info. Makes me feel better about the slooooooooowww postal time to get from here to there

Edited by Butterfly_lady

dadgum blast etc my life seems to be all bathroom fixing and hospital visits at present so I did not report the beautiful coin I recieved a week or so ago - sorry

Bob

No problems at all, Bob, as long as everything is ok! Hope all is getting better with the hospital stuff!

Glad to see the other missions coming in :D.

YAY, up to 31 out of 66! Of course the ones coming and going overseas can take a bit longer, so no worries!

And Val, I'm going to get her buddy to check on her, I agree, she's been way too quiet!

Naomi

BY THE WAY~~

Thank you Geo.Error for the great card and swag items that the girls have otherwise claimed as their own! It was a spot of sunshine in our grey, winter mix/snowy day!

Naomi :D

Make that 32 Naomi, Sweetlife's mission did indeed arrive and was very much appreciated!! It seems that life has been trying for her and her family these last few weeks, we hope all is well!