Operation Sunshine

mousekakat

1. Participating - Email sent

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete - going in the mail this morning (I'm sorry! I've been really busy :) )

4. Mission Arrived! - not yet... :D

I'm glad I didn't get back to this until early this morning... A package arrived yesterday with just the right coin in it to send along (I hope) :D

Mailed both our missions today. Did my first international mail which was quite an adventure. The post office didn't seem to know much more than I did on sending international. But it was accepted and I sure hope it makes it over the ocean. You know there is still some towns that the post office is in the general store.

Our one and only village store closed a few years back, they moved the post office part of it into the Sports Pavillion next to the village football pitch ! The 'office' is between the home team and the visiting teams changing rooms !! ;)

Maybe in July when it is 100 degrees here you can have a Let It Snow Mission!!!!! :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but this gal is NEVER going to do a LET IT SNOW! mission, lol!

I HATE snow.

The first 3 winters I was here I thought the snow was wonderful. I took pictures, wanted to be out in it, watched it fall, waited anxiously for it.

Then I had to start driving occasionally in it, shovel it sometimes, get the kid dressed and out in it, started getting sick of busting my hiney as I fell on/in it, soforth and so on....

I now HATE snow. We've had very little snow this winter and even had a green Christmas...and you didn't hear me complain once, lol!

Likely it'll be an "April showers bring May flowers" mission <_<

Naomi :(

ummmm - In July it's mid winter here.... maybe another Sunshine mission????

So the time has come to get myself caught up with Operation Sunshine. Right after I signed up, my week fell apart, culminating with the discovery that our checking and savings accounts had been emptied (literally) by somebody who managed to get the number from my husband's ATM card, along with its PIN, a card that he seldom uses and was still in his possession at the time of the theft. :laughing:

I drug myself home from work today to find a li'l care package waiting for me from joranda. She sent along one of her personals (Thanks!) and the greatest little hamster card that played a great song . . . it goes something like, "Dee-da-dee-da-doe-doe-day . . . " ROFL!! Sure brought a much need moment of levity to me! Thanks for the perfect timing.

To update:

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Completed - Ready to go tomorrow!

4. Mission Arrived -- having a hamster day!

Ahhh, it warms my heart to see the missions starting to trickle in!

Fluteface, that is horrible! Is the bank helping you recoup your losses?

Lenny, which one is the card and which is the nest by your door, or are both of those pics the nest by your door? Eesh, those eggs are so vivid they almost look like someone dyed them!

And NOW...

For anyone needing a smile...

http://www.webhamster.com/

heheheeheh!!

Naomi :laughing:

WOW. My mission came in the mail today.

It really did put a little sunshine into my day! I have been sick, and this was the pick me up I needed!

Today I got a coin that looks like a Airbrush for painting. I also got a Big Bear Cache Bash coin that was on my seeking list.

To the person who sent me these wonderful coins, I thank you! I liked the song reference too! Now I am walking on sunshine and yes, it feels good.

thankyou.gif

Mousekakat thank you for thinking of and setting up these missions!

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete - yes, sent March 6

4. Mission Arrived! - Yes, Thanks so much Dolfy

We received a wonderful and funny card about cats and a Relax It's Only a Geocoin coin from Dolfy. Thank you so much Dolfy, it was the purrrrrrfect card and coin for this mission :anitongue:

Today I received a beautiful card and a "Relax! It's only a geocoin" from kehunt64.

What a perfect coin to send me!

And the card reminded me of last's years nest just a few feet from my front door... Think Spring !!

b81b354b-9c9a-4834-b097-b7c9d73208fb.jpg

4f482182-e290-4933-8c9d-19e7d7527b0c.jpg

Looks like that is a popular coin for this mission :anitongue: but just the right one to put a smile on your face. Nice pics. It's always nice to see birds being born.

We received our Operation Sunshine Mission and it really did brighten up our day. Thank you so Much grodan o fiabus. We love the Sunflower card along with the Chocolates which we are saving for a snack later tonight while watching movies and for the Swedish Inventions coin. The little flower magnet is cute too. Hugs to you from Wisconsin to you in Sweden.

f545f9c3-113f-4fdd-a886-8fee65616fe6.jpg

Barry and Valarie of sweetlife

Edited by sweetlife

So the time has come to get myself caught up with Operation Sunshine. Right after I signed up, my week fell apart, culminating with the discovery that our checking and savings accounts had been emptied (literally) by somebody who managed to get the number from my husband's ATM card, along with its PIN, a card that he seldom uses and was still in his possession at the time of the theft. <_<

I drug myself home from work today to find a li'l care package waiting for me from joranda. She sent along one of her personals (Thanks!) and the greatest little hamster card that played a great song . . . it goes something like, "Dee-da-dee-da-doe-doe-day . . . " ROFL!! Sure brought a much need moment of levity to me! Thanks for the perfect timing.

To update:

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Completed - Ready to go tomorrow!

4. Mission Arrived -- having a hamster day!

I'm glad you liked the package. My the way, Joranda is a he. :anitongue: LOL. Glad you liked the card. :unsure:

1. Participating - Yes, Email sent in the nick of time!

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete -sent Wednesday 8-5-08

4. Mission Arrived YES!!! Today! 8-7-08

It was a cold and rainy day today and in the pouring rain, I checked the mail to find this card and coin. What a way to cheer up a fellow geocacher! Thanks Toojin & Bart and Lenny for the bright and cheery card and coin (which I do no have :anitongue: ). It is very much appreciated!

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

Edited by Degai

1. Participating - Yes, Email sent in the nick of time!

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete -sent Wednesday 8-5-08

4. Mission Arrived YES!!! Today! 8-7-08

It was a cold and rainy day today and in the pouring rain, I checked the mail to find this card and coin. What a way to cheer up a fellow geocacher! Thanks Toojin & Bart and Lenny for the bright and cheery card and coin (which I do no have :anitongue: ). It is very much appreciated!

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

Awesome coin wtg!!!! congrats what is that coin called do you know ?

To: The-Wolf-Pack

I have no idea what this coin is called because I have never seen it until I received it today. You might want to contact Toojin & Bart-that's who sent it to me.

On the other side of the coin it says: Breaking Down The Wall Event-Apr 06-CVC/RCGDS

The other side is really cool, too. Unfortunately, when I took the picture, I forgot to blank out the tracking number so I couldn't post that picture.

I have no idea what this coin is called because I have never seen it until I received it today. You might want to contact Toojin & Bart-that's who sent it to me.

On the other side of the coin it says: Breaking Down The Wall Event-Apr 06-CVC/RCGDS

The other side is really cool, too. Unfortunately, when I took the picture, I forgot to blank out the tracking number so I couldn't post that picture.

ok thank you I'll do just that :anitongue:

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete - yes, sent March 6

4. Mission Arrived! - Yes, Thanks so much Dolfy

We received a wonderful and funny card about cats and a Relax It's Only a Geocoin coin from Dolfy. Thank you so much Dolfy, it was the purrrrrrfect card and coin for this mission <_<

Your welcome!! I went card shopping and that one just struck me as the perfect one for a cat lover. Being a cat lover myself I had a good chuckle in the store. :anitongue:

Yesterday was raining and cold in the Netherlands, a really depressing day. Then I came home and found the Sunshine package. It immediately brightened my day. I was whisteling for hours afterwards :anitongue:

3740a8ec-b2db-4558-9dc3-8e1a2fd608bd.jpg7d5feb4b-3f4b-4c1d-83c0-bcd207c1b2ab.jpg

Funny card and very nice coin!

Thanks Team ECCS21

Yesterday was raining and cold in the Netherlands, a really depressing day. Then I came home and found the Sunshine package. It immediately brightened my day. I was whisteling for hours afterwards :unsure:

3740a8ec-b2db-4558-9dc3-8e1a2fd608bd.jpg7d5feb4b-3f4b-4c1d-83c0-bcd207c1b2ab.jpg

Funny card and very nice coin!

Thanks Team ECCS21

Glad you liked it.

Can't wait for a little sunshine to arrive here in Michigan where they are forecasting another 2-4 inches of snow.

I had to go out today before the postman arrived. So when I got home the first thing I did was check the mail and look what was waiting for me, a wonderful cheery card and two lovely coins. Caitlin of Atwell Family personal coin with the cutest bug on it and a Hogswild Geowoodstock 5 T shirt coin. I love the rainbow of colours on this T shirt. Thank you so much PengoMommy and PengoBeky for this lovely sunshine package.

8987c7c5-cd24-47d5-a048-ba90c1c6e59c.jpg

I recieved my mission today. It was a really nice card with tootsie rolls, braclet, 2008 Alaska pin, and a forest preserves coin from Nochipra. Thank You very much it really did make me smile. I will try to post pics later. Now all I have to do is wait for my person to recieve theirs. That is almost as exciting as getting my own. LOL Once again thank You

This is the event geocoin from the US - April 2006. A great coin that reminds us that events are an important part of caching.

e5c7bf21-2597-4cab-b5c2-328a16a428e8.jpg Reverse side.

And the icon... 293.gif

Edited by Butterfly_lady

Wooot!! :unsure::DB)

I received mine in the mail today!!!

Team Sand Dollar V2 BN

Hitch hiker companion

GBOTS Pathtag

an awesome Army pin!

2 Travel bug skins

Thank you!!! Operation Sunshine was a success for me! The more pathtags I get the more I'm getting into them. They are the cutest little things! ;)

Due to technical difficulties, KAboom and my own mission have yet to be sent but will go out Tuesday at the latest. I feel terrible about this but simply cannot do anything at this time, sorry.

We will try to make up for our slowness....again, very sorry about this. I will post when they get sent.

We received our Operation Sunshine Mission and it really did brighten up our day. Thank you so Much grodan o fiabus. We love the Sunflower card along with the Chocolates which we are saving for a snack later tonight while watching movies and for the Swedish Inventions coin. The little flower magnet is cute too. Hugs to you from Wisconsin to you in Sweden.

Glad to hear that you liked it! Since this was my first mission I was a bit curious if it even should make it "over there" but it did and I´m happy for that.

Sunshine and hugs to you!

grodan

Glad to hear that you liked it! Since this was my first mission I was a bit curious if it even should make it "over there" but it did and I´m happy for that.

grodan

Grodan, you did a GREAT job on your first mission... be careful sending that Swedish chocolate :)... those folks in the US just aren't used to such good stuff :) and you'll spoil them!

Naomi :)

Spoil me anytime :)

grodan

Grodan, you did a GREAT job on your first mission... be careful sending that Swedish chocolate :)... those folks in the US just aren't used to such good stuff :) and you'll spoil them!

Naomi :)

Operation Sunshine

1. Participating -

2. Received Name -

3. Mission Compeleted -

4. Mission Arrived! - Friday March 7, 2008

I received my very BRIGHT and very SUNNY Sunshine mission! (Please forgive me the delay in posting)

I smiled from ear to ear when I opened the card and saw the Remember geocoin & matching pin :):):) Not only have I been seeking this set, but it is extremely meaningful to me because I went to High School 3 blocks from where the Twin Towers used to be.

Operation%20Sunshine.jpg

There was nothing "Freaky" about this pick me up and it helped me have a very happy last few days :)

Thank you Thank you Thank you usyoopers!!!!

1. Participating-Yes

2. Received Name- Yes

3. Mission Compeleted -Yes just sent yesterday, I'm sorry for being slow , but I have had 2 family members in ICU at same time for different reasons. My daughter is home now ,so only half the stress

4. Mission Arrived - Friday March 6, 2008

I am glad your daughter is home and hope your other family member gets well soon. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

1. Participating-Yes

2. Received Name- Yes

3. Mission Compeleted -Yes just sent yesterday, I'm sorry for being slow , but I have had 2 family members in ICU at same time for different reasons. My daughter is home now ,so only half the stress

4. Mission Arrived - Friday March 6, 2008

I'm so glad your daughter is home now, too, and I'll be thinking of you in my prayers~

What a hard time to go through right now. I hope the sunshine mission made it a little better for you!

Naomi :unsure:

On Saturday we got home after a geo-event.... we couldn't go caching because it was raining....

got home and I had a package.... I was wondering what it could be and out popped an envelope w/my name on it..... and the cutest little duckies!!!!! With a nice note inside and a silver rainforest jewel

Ohhhhh how sparkly..... it will keep my copper froggy company. I was soooo excited!!!

I will take pictures and post later.

Thank you mystery person, I haven't figured out who you are! But you sure brightened my day, the froggy watched TV w/us the rest of the afternoon!!!

Sonya :blink:

PS... to my Sunshine person..... yours is in the mail as of Sunday..... I had to wait till this weekend to mail all of my things, so the post office is coming to you soon!!!!!!! Hope you find it worth the wait!!!! :unsure:

Recieved this in a package from donorgirl today, and some sunshine certainly was needed a rainy day like this:

sunhineqq7.th.jpg

I just love the Rainforest Jewel, it's so cute! And the very nice greetings inside the card really did bring sunshine! :unsure:

Thanks a million Michele, you really made my day! :blink: