Recs for first caches in North Kitsap? (Washington)

MamaOdy

I have two small children (ages 2 and 4) and want geocaching to be a great activity for the whole family. I've been looking at the caches in North Kitsap and there are a good number! I'd appreciate some recommendations for good ones for a young family to start with--I want the children to be involved and excited about this. I have a feeling that nano caches would not be very exciting for them.

Thank you so much for your advice!

I have two small children (ages 2 and 4) and want geocaching to be a great activity for the whole family. I've been looking at the caches in North Kitsap and there are a good number! I'd appreciate some recommendations for good ones for a young family to start with--I want the children to be involved and excited about this. I have a feeling that nano caches would not be very exciting for them.

Thank you so much for your advice!

There are a lot of fun caches in NK. Two we did today on BI would be great for kids. The first is Bunny Run at Battle Point Park. Beautiful park with a playground. Cache isn't that difficult to find. I have been caching since August of 2001 and the most clever cache I have ever seen is Full of Hot Air. I will let the cachers with kids make some recommendations.

Edited by W7WT

Maybe more Central Kitsap, but definitely good for kids.

First one is Bunny Hole - Follow the rabbit . To find this one you follow some driveway reflectors. That should be easy for young children. A companion cache Bunny Hole - Follow the Rabbit 2 . This one you need a GPS, but it is a very easy hide.

I have to second W7WT's suggestion on Full of Hot Air. A really amazing cache.

Jim