Suprise, Trade & Travel

kdv

Our adoption request just went out. We had a lot of fun designing the page for this cacher and their surprise coin. We hope they like it. The coin we chose was not on their seeking list. They posted on their geocaching profile that they really wanted this coin. B)B):huh:

TB1TAJV

THANK YOU so much !

You all need to check out the coinpage they´ve designed for me and my coin. It´s absolutely great !

The little boy giving the coin a kiss for luck just makes me go ahhhhhhh.

They even manage to get some swedish in there too and a flag WOW

THANK YOU Woodland Clan

TB1TAJV

We dropped your coin off today. Snapped a few photos too.

count me in! I got a few doing the rounds already like that - it's very fun! The lizard has nearly made it to kayakerinme after a year.

I'm still waiting on an adoption from mrbeachroach

Has round 2 been set up or is that closed already too? (I always seem to be slow)

count me in! I got a few doing the rounds already like that - it's very fun! The lizard has nearly made it to kayakerinme after a year.

I'm still waiting on an adoption from mrbeachroach

Has round 2 been set up or is that closed already too? (I always seem to be slow)

Nope round 2 is definitely not closed yet! Just send me a mail with your caching name and the destination for the coin you're going to receive.

I'm just waiting for a few more signups before creating the actual matchups.

1. Participating - Yes

2. Nick/ Destination Received - Yes

3. Outgoing Coin released - Coin has changed ownership, will be dropped in a cache as soon as possible. It has a long travel ahead of it...

4. Incoming coin - Waiting

The outgoing coin (or incoming for the new owner) can be found under TB1PF9H

Question...is it okay or acceptable to "discover" the coin we send out after it's been adopted by the new owner? We did, after all, have it in our hands before it traded ownership....

I think (as the new owner of this coin) that you should actually "grab" the coin. Not only does that give you the icon, it also allows you to drop the coin in a new cache... :P

I love the coin you selected for me! I hope it makes it overhere in record time! :laughing:

Question...is it okay or acceptable to "discover" the coin we send out after it's been adopted by the new owner? We did, after all, have it in our hands before it traded ownership....

you'll get the icon when you grab it to drop it in a cache :laughing:

I see that now. I was fully expecting to have dropped it before it transferred ownership.

I think (as the new owner of this coin) that you should actually "grab" the coin. Not only does that give you the icon, it also allows you to drop the coin in a new cache... ;)

After the coin I selected for the mission was adopted it was in my inventory and I could just drop it into the cache I selected. I didn't have to grab it from the new owner. But the icon never showed up in my profile.... ;)

Edited by Steinwälzer

Firstly big thanks to thirsty mick for this great coin - TB22XNK

and for usyoopers - Surprise! TB1W6G3

these little guys have got a big swim in front of them 16665.4 km

I hope lots of people will bookmark them and help them along

thanks kdv for this fun idea!

Thanks forthferalz for the surprise! heading our way....we'll enjoy watching its progress.

1. Participating - YES

2. Nick/destination received - YES

3. Outgoing coin released - NO (coin adopted)

4. Incoming coin picked up - NO (but coin adopted)

Here is my incoming coin, from southpawaz: TB24KAQ

And here is my outgoing coin, to GEO*Trailblazer 1: TB1VKE3

Edited by E&Cplus3

One or two people still haven't set up their outgoing coin. I will send reminders on Monday, if they are still going to be needed then!

1. Participating yes

2. Nick/destination received yes 3/1/08

3. Outgoing coin released adopted and placed in cache 3/2/08

4. Incoming coin picked up. never received an adoption request : (

Received my assignment today, thanks!

Researching the perfect surprise (with a little help from WoodlandClan).

Got the coin!

Activated & page made.

Adoption sent.

Will launch ASAP.

REFERENCE: TB24G8V

Tooey's surprise is out in the world. Launched today in a fairly new cache with hopes that it will be visted and get moving quickly.

Just go to http://www.geocaching.com/adopt/ and take it from there!

Well, I got the coin picked out, activated, pictures uploaded...she's ready to drill and tag! I must know admit, I have no idea how to do the adoption process.

Thanks much to anyone who can guide me through it!! Our coin will be... TB1WB9A... on its way to the UK.

Thanks much! It looks like it worked....

It did work, geocoin TB1WB9A is drilled, tagged and adopted out, it will be set into the wild the end of this month.

I think (as the new owner of this coin) that you should actually "grab" the coin. Not only does that give you the icon, it also allows you to drop the coin in a new cache... :)

After the coin I selected for the mission was adopted it was in my inventory and I could just drop it into the cache I selected. I didn't have to grab it from the new owner. But the icon never showed up in my profile.... :lol:

Yes...the coin I am sending out is in my possession, has been adopted, but is nowhere in my profile either. I guess I will have to discover or retrieve it from the first cache and drop it back in. I can't 'grab' it because I still have it.

I just went through and placed all the coins listed in my watch list. I look forward to seeing how the coins do and who manages to capture their own coin first.

I'm setting out some new caches later this week and will drop my traveller then ... lots of FTFers around here which will guarantee a quick pick-up.

It did work, geocoin TB1WB9A is drilled, tagged and adopted out, it will be set into the wild the end of this month.

Sorry, I am still playing catch up from a week at Crufts and then a week in bed with chest & sinus infections.

Many thanks usyoopers for such a fantastic coin, very appropriate for us, I am really looking forward to watching it travel.

Our coin is destined for Pennsylvania and the adoption reqest has just been sent off, hopefully, I'll place it into a cache in the next few days.

WOW and Thank you Dorsetgal & GeoDog !!! You don't know how much I appreciate the choice of coin you gave up for adoption. During the last few months of my moms life she was in the hospital, nursing home, hospital, nursing home, and finally back to the hospital for hospice. During that time my niece had given her a stuffed lady bug for some good luck and she had that little guy with her the whole time. I have been trying to get one from ebay with no success. I truly appreciate the adoption of this coin. You even set up the page with ladybug wallpaper :laughing::rolleyes:

I hope you are up and feeling better soon !!

Sorry, I am still playing catch up from a week at Crufts and then a week in bed with chest & sinus infections.

Many thanks usyoopers for such a fantastic coin, very appropriate for us, I am really looking forward to watching it travel.

Our coin is destined for Pennsylvania and the adoption reqest has just been sent off, hopefully, I'll place it into a cache in the next few days.

I'm very sad that the coin that I sent out was taken to the mega event in St. Louis and there it sits, still! I had it tucked into a large piece of form board specifically so that it wouldn't get lost.

If any of you attended that event (or any event) ... please make sure to log the coins and bugs you pick up!

And today I picked it up at the destination cache, how cool is that - after 1 year and 5 months :D

Thank you Karategurus for putting the coin there and Woodland Clan for sending it out.

Surprise Cachepillar Geocoin

Our adoption request just went out. We had a lot of fun designing the page for this cacher and their surprise coin. We hope they like it. The coin we chose was not on their seeking list. They posted on their geocaching profile that they really wanted this coin. :P:):P

TB1TAJV

THANK YOU so much !

You all need to check out the coinpage they´ve designed for me and my coin. It´s absolutely great !

THANK YOU Woodland Clan

TB1TAJV

And today I picked it up at the destination cache, how cool is that - after 1 year and 5 months :P

Thank you Karategurus for putting the coin there and Woodland Clan for sending it out.

Our adoption request just went out. We had a lot of fun designing the page for this cacher and their surprise coin. We hope they like it. The coin we chose was not on their seeking list. They posted on their geocaching profile that they really wanted this coin. :):P:blink:

TB1TAJV

THANK YOU so much !

THANK YOU Woodland Clan

TB1TAJV

So exciting :D Congrats on yours making it's way to you!!

I got a log that the one headed to me, from Tooey was on it's way to Pennsylvania soon!

And today I picked it up at the destination cache, how cool is that - after 1 year and 5 months :D

Our adoption request just went out. We had a lot of fun designing the page for this cacher and their surprise coin. We hope they like it. The coin we chose was not on their seeking list. They posted on their geocaching profile that they really wanted this coin. :P:):P

TB1TAJV

THANK YOU so much !

THANK YOU Woodland Clan

TB1TAJV

Congrats! It's nice to see a coin reach it's mission; even though it took over a year :blink:

Edited by nefesh