Highland Geofairy Mystery Geocoin

Dr. Whoever

I would just like to point out that if you look on HGF's profile you will see that the whole point of the coin is to spread smiles. :laughing:;):P:laughing:;):anicute::P:P:unsure::):D

And while she is 'known' to some in North America, she is a complete 'mystery' to those in Scotland.

ooops! Spreading smiles is actually on the coin itself. That was the point I was trying to make.

This is a lovely coin and I like it very much.

It's amazing, the older I get the more I appreciate things like the thought and effort behind coins like this. When I was younger, say, in my twenties and early thirties, I guess I didn't see the heart behind gifts. Now I do.

Press on, Highland Fairy!

< ;) Where did Stonewall Jackson come from this morning?? :laughing: >

I guess it takes all kinds to take things out of context!! :P Glad you are older and so

much wiser O great one. Never did I say there was no heart behind the gifts. DID I?

Do not put words into my mouth! These are gifts and it is VERY nice of these people

to give them out. Yep, lots of work goes into it also. I see there is definatly little clicks

in the forums. You know, I have heard that complant before. People driving others out of the forums.

GOOD JOB!!!!! Guess I'll just sit back and be a lurker and not a contributer! LATER!

I've never met anyone on this forum. I've never been to any event yet and have only been caching for a little over a year. I certainly don't belong to any clicks and yet I have 2 mystery coins. I think a lot of our personality comes through in our posts and that might have a lot to do with receiving coins. A lot of the same people do receive special coins more but maybe it's because of their involvement with others and their personality here in the forums.

This is a lovely coin and I like it very much.

It's amazing, the older I get the more I appreciate things like the thought and effort behind coins like this. When I was younger, say, in my twenties and early thirties, I guess I didn't see the heart behind gifts. Now I do.

Press on, Highland Fairy!

< :laughing: Where did Stonewall Jackson come from this morning?? ;) >

I guess it takes all kinds to take things out of context!! :P Glad you are older and so

much wiser O great one. Never did I say there was no heart behind the gifts. DID I?

Do not put words into my mouth! These are gifts and it is VERY nice of these people

to give them out. Yep, lots of work goes into it also. I see there is definatly little clicks

in the forums. You know, I have heard that complant before. People driving others out of the forums.

GOOD JOB!!!!! Guess I'll just sit back and be a lurker and not a contributer! LATER!

I've never met anyone on this forum. I've never been to any event yet and have only been caching for a little over a year. I certainly don't belong to any clicks and yet I have 2 mystery coins. I think a lot of our personality comes through in our posts and that might have a lot to do with receiving coins. A lot of the same people do receive special coins more but maybe it's because of their involvement with others and their personality here in the forums.

Dardevle personality is oke. :anicute:

Dardevle is a generous man and a beloved husband and father and probable a good cacher.

He speaks what he thinks and that is a good quallity.

Please respect everbody his opinion.

Sorry, this comes from my heart. :laughing:

Well, I did not really mean to hurt anyones feelings. I am sorry about all this junk. :laughing:

I really think it has something to do with S.A.D. Seems like it has been a long winter

so far. I do have plans to get out fishing this weekend so I am sure that will help, always

seems to anyways! Again, Sorry to all I have upset. Thanks for the kind words Geo.Error.

And a humble congratulations to you castleman on receving this coin. It is truly a great gift.

Dardevle

Well, I did not really mean to hurt anyones feelings. I am sorry about all this junk. :laughing:

I really think it has something to do with S.A.D. Seems like it has been a long winter

so far. I do have plans to get out fishing this weekend so I am sure that will help, always

seems to anyways! Again, Sorry to all I have upset. Thanks for the kind words Geo.Error.

And a humble congratulations to you castleman on receving this coin. It is truly a great gift.

Dardevle

That is the spirit! Welcome back and glad to have you!

It takes a brave person to come back and apologize for a mistaken choice in words, and I admire that you have come back, and been so gracious!

Dardevle

That is the spirit! Welcome back and glad to have you!

It takes a brave person to come back and apologize for a mistaken choice in words, and I admire that you have come back, and been so gracious!

*goes to stand with Joni!!*

I agree, wholeheartedly!

Sometimes, no matter how eloquent you are, things just don't come out on a forum the way you mean them to and I honestly believe you meant no harm!

Naomi ;)

Dardevle

I know how you feel DD....it can be a long, cold and dark winter and when cabin fever sets in things do tend to get on your nerves. It's happened to me many times in the past. A nice day of fishing, with a fire and fish fry sounds like a perfect remedy to me. I only wish I were coming with you. ;)

THAT'S the spirit big guy!! Congrats on the beautiful new cacher too!! I too understand the cabin fever thing as I'm also unemployed through the winter months and can't afford to go far, it can get to you at times...and with all the new responsibilities, OUCH!! :laughing: The best is yet to come my friend!!

A little something will be heading your way soon, maybe I can lift your spirits a bit!!

Well, I did not really mean to hurt anyones feelings. I am sorry about all this junk. ;)

Dardevle

Hey pick your own ailment and cause. that one is already taken. :laughing:

Dardevle

Sometimes it's really difficult to get through the winter months, always so dark and cold. It's almost over though, spring is coming! I realized the other day that it was 6:30 and there was still some sun, it's almost the season for after-work caching!

Email me your address and I'll send you a smile ;) Not a mystery coin, but hopefully it'll brighten your day.

There are a few personalities that clash often in here, but everyones hearts are in the right place :P I can't say their aren't cliques, but I'd say it's probably more like clusters of friends and/or like-minded folks though. As a relative newcomer I haven't encountered any hostility at all. In fact most people are incredibly nice, welcoming, and so very giving.

Castle Man is certainly a deserving recipient of this pretty coin :laughing: Congratulations Castle Man!!!

I still have no idea how the sender of mystery coin I have that was mailed to me got my address since I wasn't trading much then, but it absolutely touched me that they chose to send one to me especially considering how new I was to this forum and how relatively quiet I kept. I hadn't done anything at all to deserve one, but somebody thought of me and wanted to brighten my day. How wonderful is that? That's just incredible.

And they all scoffed at the S.A.D. concept :) Believe me it's REAL, I've been on the receiving end of it for 28 years. (but I still luv her)

I jumped to the Last Post and didn't catch the drama but,

Congratulations Jim, if there is anyone worthy of such a gift it is you! Your creativity, generosity and hard work have gone MILES to further the whole Geocoin Community.

Although we've never met in person, and only spoken a few times on the phone I am always amazed at your endless energy and your true desire to make the whole Geocoin experience (both buying and trading) a pleasent one! You are Generous to a fault and Truly Deserving!!

(now about that Blue Tranquility coin I've been looking for) :)<_<:P

How awesome! Another mystery coin! And if I am reading right, 3 lucky recipients have received this coin!

Castle Man - "Magic is real. At least now I believe in it. Something magical happened today."

mousekakat - "I was blessed with one of these coins earlier in the week."

danoshimano - "So very very nice! Thank you Highland Geofairy"

dardevle, I'm sorry the darkness has been giving you a bad time. I hope that a ray of sunshine reaches you soon, whether it be a coin, a friend, or a phone call with good news for a job. Please know that we will keep you in our thoughts, as we do with all our geocaching friends.

See what happens when you're not lurking on the Forums for a few days!! Well, I was gone, but for a good reason! We received a great gift Friday! Our first grandchild, Christopher, made an early appearance! So I don't feel too bad for being away from the Forums! lol We received 2 Mystery coins over the weekend, one on Friday, and one on Saturday, and gifted Christopher with both of them to welcome him into a great sport with great people (yea, you ALL know who you are!!)

We don't always receive Mystery Coins when they make a showing, but we are VERY thankful when we do. We also know that there are much more deserving folks out there than us. So many people really do stay behind the scenes of Geocaching, but they are the backbone of the sport that we love so much. They know who they are, and some of us know who some of them are, but there is a great Mystery as to who ALL of them are. We just humbly say Thank You!!

Now, back to your regularly scheduled program....... lol :)

geofairy001.jpg

So very very nice! Thank you Highland Geofairy, and I am honoured even more that you have sent me coin #001. :)

Looks good in yours or should I say anybody who has recieved one <_<

"How awesome! Another mystery coin! And if I am reading right, 3 lucky recipients have received this coin!

Castle Man - "Magic is real. At least now I believe in it. Something magical happened today."

And make That 4 the other being Cheesy Pigs!!! :P

Thanks Fairyhoney - mine was a trade though :)

SAD = Seasonal Affective Disorder

Not enough sunlight in winter decreases the amount of serotonin some people produce, and causes a kind of depression. A way of fixing it is to shine really bright lights, especially yellow light, rather than flourescent.

I was wondering how someone from WA never heard of this acronym, given the jump in the suicide rate in the blah months that have sometimes been attributed to the blah-ness of the season.

Having grown up in the generally overcast and drizzly NW, I sure know what SAD is! :)

Then again, having enjoyed the summers WAY more than enough to compensate for a few stray clouds and drizzle, just a matter of averaging the weather to stay sane over a 12 month period! <_<

And now back on topic....great to hear about all the lucky recipients of another mystery coin, sure is an amazing community we hang out in! :P

Here ya go, Omega!

GCTXJB

Why Thank You! Though I was joking around, I would love to happen upon a container like that! Around these parts the pickings are slim. Thats what we get for being towards middle of the country, well SE anyway, everything is always heading in an other direction :o

v/r

O-Mega

P.S. I too was feeling a bit of that S.A.D. thing going on so had the opportunity to go to FL and guess what...its not sunny here either :o

geofairy001.jpg

So very very nice! Thank you Highland Geofairy, and I am honoured even more that you have sent me coin #001. :o

Looks good in yours or should I say anybody who has recieved one :o

"How awesome! Another mystery coin! And if I am reading right, 3 lucky recipients have received this coin!

And make That 4 the other being Cheesy Pigs!!! :o

5? The Highland Geofairy was kind enough to leave one (No. 16) in "Cathy's Castle Cache" for us. Not sure what I did to deserve this but I am very grateful for the Gift.

Thanks from Drumin HGF

Well, I did not really mean to hurt anyones feelings. I am sorry about all this junk. :o

Dardevle

Nice that you came out and apologized to the group, but I still don't see anything apologizing to atmouse. And considering that you DID, in fact, directly insult her, I think a direct apology is still in order.

Well, I did not really mean to hurt anyones feelings. I am sorry about all this junk. :o

Dardevle

Nice that you came out and apologized to the group, but I still don't see anything apologizing to atmouse. And considering that you DID, in fact, directly insult her, I think a direct apology is still in order.

My apology went out to everyone that was envolved directly and to those who happen

across what I wrote. Yep, I was out of line and a wee bit rude. I can not take it

back no matter what I try to do. It is water under the bridge I hope and we can all move

on and not beat a dead horse. If I did indeed hurt her feelings, I am very sorry! I was not

attack her personaly. Just the whole "When I was young comment. But that to I probably took

out of context. And for that I am sorry!

-Dardevle-

Dardevle

I have to disagree. Dardevle made an apology to all people and said "Sorry to all". I believe he has done what he needs to do.

Congrats to Castleman and thanks to Highland Geofairy for the coin generosity!

I agree with Icydove, dardevle made an apology which is very much appreciated. I think there are a few folks getting cranky at the end of the Winter, dardelve has a new baby girl - for which I send my heartfelt congratulations - I think maybe you have been losing some sleep as well as getting cabin fever!

Email me your address dardevle and I will send something in the post to you - its important to always have something to look forward to isn't it. Maybe that's why we keep buying those coins :blink:

Oh and tight lines :) (that's a fishy thing for you non fishers).

Congrats to all the recipients! Very nice coin and a great time of year to lift peoples spirits :blink: Hopefully a fairy will one day fly into our collection. If you would like Chip and I to help spread the cheer in this area we would be glad to drop one in a cache around here for you.

I agree with Icydove, dardevle made an apology which is very much appreciated. I think there are a few folks getting cranky at the end of the Winter, dardelve has a new baby girl - for which I send my heartfelt congratulations - I think maybe you have been losing some sleep as well as getting cabin fever!

Email me your address dardevle and I will send something in the post to you - its important to always have something to look forward to isn't it. Maybe that's why we keep buying those coins :blink:

Oh and tight lines :) (that's a fishy thing for you non fishers).

There you go DD, now you've REALLY got something to look forward to!! I think I've found the coin I want to send you, it will be on it's way soon!! VERY generous of you Highland Geofairy! I too thought the lack of sleep might be taking it's toll on this new pappa!!

As I said, the best is yet to come big guy....enjoy the ride!!

Wow, what a nice way to get a very special coin. I'm sure some are scratching there heads wondering what just happened. To me it's Karma, just trying to turn something bad to good. Highland geofairy, you just made his day and I'm sure he will always remember it. :blink:

A few of these coins have been traded for other special coins that have meaning to me or I feel will have meaning to someone else. About as many again have been gifted for a variety of reasons and a few have made their way into caches to be discovered. With a little organising more should be appearing in Scotland over the coming months. These coins are not trackable but I have used the click2map site to log where they are, you can see them at http://generator.click2map.com/maps/Highla...oin%20Locations check this site out now and again, if a green marker appears against a Waypoint name it means the coin is in that cache waiting to be found.

I should like to take this opportunity of thanking those of you that agreed a trade with me, it is very much appreciated, I would also like to say I am sorry to those that were disappointed, I had so many requests, but I hope you will understand the reason I had these coins made and that I had to decide on a limit to the amount of trades I undertook.

Happy Caching

I've been away for awhile and missed a lot of new happenings in the forums.

Before I completely read all of the postings, I saw the coin. . .WOW! It is beautiful in its simplicity and design. The fairy sprite is adorable and I love the saying on the back. Something we can all take to heart. :laughing:

Thank you Highland GeoFairy for your generosity and congrats to all of the lucky recipients of this mystery coin.

Wow this a a great looking coin and finally mine got to me WOW!!! is all i can say they are bigger then i thought they would be and the details are great I received #46 If these ever got reminted as a trackable they would sell out in seconds and i would be the first in line buying all i could afford. After a very long and tough week it was great to receive something like this it is a very special gift and i will not forget it and will treasure it forever

Wow this a a great looking coin and finally mine got to me WOW!!! is all i can say they are bigger then i thought they would be and the details are great I received #46 If these ever got reminted as a trackable they would sell out in seconds and i would be the first in line buying all i could afford. After a very long and tough week it was great to receive something like this it is a very special gift and i will not forget it and will treasure it forever

Congratulations TheCollector. If I were as close to you as we were in this picture,

I'd shake your hand. Whatta sweet deal. I hope you are feeling a little better now

than you were earlier in the week! <_<

-Dardevle-

0d6f76b4-8034-4a25-b350-9def8614233e.jpg