Highland Geofairy Mystery Geocoin

Dr. Whoever

Congrats on the coin find. I must ask the question though. Highland GeoFairy is a cacher who recently made her personal geocoin. That's the coin that was in the cache. There's a whole thread about it. Is there a reason it's supposed to be a mystery? It's very puzzling.

She also trades them, for the right offer. If you research her forum posts, you can see her doing so. I also met her, as a matter of fact, at an event.

TMA

Nice coin because it was a gift. Thats about it though. Same people getting "mystery"

coins all the time. I did recieve a GSA coin though and for that I am extremly

thankfull!!!! But the chances of that happening again are slim to none. But this coin

is not really all that nice looking anyway. The generosity is very nice indeed I'll give the

giver that for sure. No I am not upset that I do not recieve every "mystery" coin or even

2 of them. It is just very funny to me to watch the same people get them most of the time.

Thats just my opinion. 930 coins and counting. And that is only the activated ones.

CONGRATULATIONS :laughing:

Edited by dardevle

Nice coin because it was a gift. Thats about it though. Same people getting "mystery"

thankfull!!!! But the chances of that happening again are slim to none. But this coin

is not really all that nice looking anyway. The generosity is very nice indeed I'll give the

giver that for sure. No I am not upset that I do not recieve every "mystery" coin or even

2 of them. It is just very funny to me to watch the same people get them most of the time.

Thats just my opinion.

Wow, I don't think you had to go there to make your point. This coin may not make the top ten but it is definately not a bad looking coin. These "mystery" coins may not always be a mystery but it is someones way of showing their appreciation to the geocoin community.

I am not saying the generosity is not nice. I think it is awesome to see.

I can honestly say I have never seen so much of it than I do in these

forums and in geocaching as a whole. That is why I love it. OK, I should

not have made the comment about the way the coin looks. Not all coins

in everyones eyes are nice though. The giving part of it is outstanding!!!

Maybe I am just sick of getting nothing but Sears adds and bills in the

mailbox. I think I may have S.A.D! Being laid off in the winter will do that

I think. I should really go fishing this weekend!

Edited by dardevle

I am not saying the generosity is not nice. I think it is awesome to see.

I can honestly say I have never seen so much of it than I do in these

forums and in geocaching as a whole. That is why I love it. OK, I should

not have made the comment about the way the coin looks. Not all coins

in everyones eyes are nice though. The giving part of it is outstanding!!!

In this we can agree, not all coins appeal to everyone, but that does not mean it is a bad coin. And yes, the generosity here is amazing! I myself was the proud recipient of "The Shipper's" generosity.

Thats just my opinion. 930 coins and counting. And that is only the activated ones.

CONGRATULATIONS :laughing:

Maybe the same people get them all the time because they don't say the coins "aren't very nice looking." Or maybe the same people get them all the time because they've done something that you don't know about.

I don't get them all, but I do enjoy reading the stories of the ones who do get them. I sit back and read them and appreciate what someone has to go through to give these coins away for free. They have to buy the coins, which costs a good deal of money. They have to purchase mailing supplies, and then postage, which isn't cheap. Then address and mail them to reciepients. This is a lot of work, then they don't get credit for it.

So to me, this coin is beautiful because of the thought behind it.

Congratulations for getting this fine looking coin.

I really like the cache in which you found it, an ammo box filled with TB and coins :anibad:

I always hope to get a mystery coin in one of our caches but am afraid at the same time that someone would get to it first :laughing:

Please Geofairy don't be afraid of all the snow we have here and come pay us a visit :laughing:

I was blessed with one of these coins earlier in the week. It's one of those coins that packs a powerful message with what is written on the back of it, they are words to apply to life and to happiness and to the spirit of generosity and giving.

Jim, buddy, you deserve this coin, and Natasha deserves a big, juicy bone for her efforts!

Naomi :laughing:

This is a lovely coin and I like it very much.

It's amazing, the older I get the more I appreciate things like the thought and effort behind coins like this. When I was younger, say, in my twenties and early thirties, I guess I didn't see the heart behind gifts. Now I do.

Press on, Highland Fairy!

< ;) Where did Stonewall Jackson come from this morning?? :laughing: >

It's amazing, the older I get the more I appreciate things like the thought and effort behind coins like this. When I was younger, say, in my twenties and early thirties, I guess I didn't see the heart behind gifts. Now I do.

< :P Where did Stonewall Jackson come from this morning?? :laughing: >

I guess it takes all kinds to take things out of context!! ;) Glad you are older and so

much wiser O great one. Never did I say there was no heart behind the gifts. DID I?

Do not put words into my mouth! These are gifts and it is VERY nice of these people

to give them out. Yep, lots of work goes into it also. I see there is definatly little clicks

in the forums. You know, I have heard that complant before. People driving others out of the forums.

GOOD JOB!!!!! Guess I'll just sit back and be a lurker and not a contributer! LATER!

Edited by dardevle

< :P Where did Stonewall Jackson come from this morning?? :laughing: >

I guess it takes all kinds to take things out of context!! ;) Glad you are older and so

much wiser O great one. Never did I say there was no heart behind the gifts. DID I?

Do not put words into my mouth! These are gifts and it is VERY nice of these people

to give them out. Yep, lots of work goes into it also. I see there is definatly little clicks

in the forums. You know, I have heard that complant before. People driving others out of the forums.

GOOD JOB!!!!! Guess I'll just sit back and be a lurker and not a contributer! LATER!

Wow, you sure are filled with some mean spirit there, aren't you? I don't know if ATMouse was even addressing your coment, but if so, I didn't see her being overly mean like you seem to like to be here all of a sudden. Everything OK at your end??

Not sure about any "cliques" or anything, I'm fairly new here myself (about a year or so) and have noticed that ALMOST anyone is welcomed in with open hearts and kind words!! Of course, for this to be so, it would be helpful if you were pleasant and friendly yourself!

I don't understand the negativity I've seen in a few threads, people try to bring their negativity in just to ruin it for others who are trying to be nice?? Instead of questioning someone's intentions, why not be happy for the honored and live happily through the posts (as I love to do)?

Kind words really aren't that hard to come by after seeing all the kindness and generosity displayed here in the coin forums. Maybe if you do lurk a bit, you'll pick up on the kindness? Lurking seems to be good for you until you can figure out how to contribute to the conversations in a friendly manner??

Until thern, maybe a nice little gift would sweeten your words a bit? Send me your addy and I'll see what I might have toward this end?