A gracefull end

cache_in_pocket

I've pretty much completed a cartridge and was wondering what to do now. I've set the tasks as complete and the cartridge as complete and I plan on displaying the unlock code, but essentially, everything is just sitting there just like before the tasks were complete.

I was kind of looking for an action like, "End Game"...display a message, click ok, and have the cartridge end by itself. I don't want to go through and manually de-activate zones or anything...just looking for a simple end.

Thanks.

I don't know if the cartridge can close itself. I know it can save itself, though.

I was going to suggest deactivating the zones, but you beat me to it.

The problem with the cartridge ending is the real-time processing. Right after the dialogs are displayed on the screen, and before the player has a chance to click the buttons, the quit cartridge event would fire.

By the way, the completion code would be displayed as plain text in the compiled cartridge. I recommend you dropping that and favoring the upload cartridge method.