GEOCACHING & DUAL SPORT MOTORCYCLES

Kurdt Green

In Michigan we had a cacher named dirtbiker that placed 3 caches, DIYDS, DIYDS 2, and DIYDS3 (short for Do It Yourself Dual Sport). He placed them all on his dual sport bike. They were long multis and went thru some really nice 4wd trails. I completed them all in my Jeep Wrangler and it took some skill to make it thru some of the areas. From what I remember they were each 6-8 stages and each covered 50-75 miles.

In Michigan we had a cacher named dirtbiker that placed 3 caches, DIYDS, DIYDS 2, and DIYDS3 (short for Do It Yourself Dual Sport). He placed them all on his dual sport bike. They were long multis and went thru some really nice 4wd trails. I completed them all in my Jeep Wrangler and it took some skill to make it thru some of the areas. From what I remember they were each 6-8 stages and each covered 50-75 miles.

That is EXACTLY what i am looking for out my way. sounds like so much fun!!! Come on people....

Come out to our Ocotillo Wells camp-out events west of Salton Sea. We have two every year - one in April, the other late October or early November. I don't have a DS, but there are always a handful that get together and ride off caching together in the desert. If you stay in the washes and most roads, you'll be OK. This Fall's event has not been posted but it sounds like it's going to be the first or second week of November. Here's a link to the Spring event. The X Files cache is a fun one to do on a DS. There many others...