Invisible Shield for Colorado

Lightning Jeff - Just ignore him! You probably have already figured this out but LifeOnEdge trys to pick a fight with anyone who disagrees with the "perfect little vision" of the world. :huh:

For the record, I use an Invisi Shield and have never had any problems what-so-ever with it. Matter of fact, it has saved my screen on my old Garmin 60C several times. With it on my Colorado I didn't notice any difference is the light quality from having it off and on.

I just saw this (what I consider) rude comment.

I don't either pick a fight with or try to pick a fight with anyone. I just fail to understand why someone would place a plastic "shield" over a display that has been designed to be both transmissive and scratch resistant.

Few claim to understand this, but putting something between you and the thing you are trying to see DOES block light. This promotes a higher backlighting setting and we all know what that does to your battery life.

Also, my Colorado "shield" came with the device. I didn't waste hard-earned money on a piece of plastic to cover that which already works well.

It seems that most argue that they abuse their GPS units and "need" a shield like this. What do you do when your shield gets warn? Replace it and spend more money?

Hey, if you guys are sold on a product that works for you, spend your money. I spend mine on other things.

I just bought a giant invisible shield for my Cadillac Escalade. It took a while to get it to lay flat over my easily scratched and nicked windshield, but boy, its worth it. I leave the $300 receipt for the thing on my dash as a badge of honor. No one's gonna catch this boy with a scratched up view of the road.

I wish I would have bought this thing before I did. With over 3000 finds between my unprotected Garmin GPSmap 60CSx and my equally unprotected Garmin Colorado, that between them have one tiny scratch, my windshield has a couple deep stone pits. Live and Learn I guess, eh?

Lightning Jeff - Just ignore him! You probably have already figured this out but LifeOnEdge trys to pick a fight with anyone who disagrees with the "perfect little vision" of the world. :huh:

For the record, I use an Invisi Shield and have never had any problems what-so-ever with it. Matter of fact, it has saved my screen on my old Garmin 60C several times. With it on my Colorado I didn't notice any difference is the light quality from having it off and on.

I just saw this (what I consider) rude comment.

I don't either pick a fight with or try to pick a fight with anyone. I just fail to understand why someone would place a plastic "shield" over a display that has been designed to be both transmissive and scratch resistant.

Few claim to understand this, but putting something between you and the thing you are trying to see DOES block light. This promotes a higher backlighting setting and we all know what that does to your battery life.

Also, my Colorado "shield" came with the device. I didn't waste hard-earned money on a piece of plastic to cover that which already works well.

It seems that most argue that they abuse their GPS units and "need" a shield like this. What do you do when your shield gets warn? Replace it and spend more money?

Hey, if you guys are sold on a product that works for you, spend your money. I spend mine on other things.

I just bought a giant invisible shield for my Cadillac Escalade. It took a while to get it to lay flat over my easily scratched and nicked windshield, but boy, its worth it. I leave the $300 receipt for the thing on my dash as a badge of honor. No one's gonna catch this boy with a scratched up view of the road.

I wish I would have bought this thing before I did. With over 3000 finds between my unprotected Garmin GPSmap 60CSx and my equally unprotected Garmin Colorado, that between them have one tiny scratch, my windshield has a couple deep stone pits. Live and Learn I guess, eh?

So life on edge-let's get to the nitty gritty- How much does the shield reduce the transmitted light. If you put a light meter one foot from the screen in a darkened room, how much different is the light received from a Colorado with and without the invisible shield? I've seen these screens put on other devices and could not discern the difference in brightness. Since visual intensity perception, as with most senses is logarithmic, it would take an order of magnitude change in intensity to perceive a doubling in the brightness.