What Does Recommended at Night Mean?

Thot

Does the attribute "recommended at night" mean:

1) It's practical to do the cache at night?

Or

2) The cache is intended/designed specifically to be done at night?

Or

3) There's something better about doing it at night?

I would say typically #2. Some night caches use reflectors that you shine flashlights on to see and guide you to the cache. ;)
Does the attribute "recommended at night" mean:

1) It's practical to do the cache at night?

Or

2) The cache is intended/designed specifically to be done at night?

Or

3) There's something better about doing it at night?

I would say typically #2. Some night caches use reflectors that you shine flashlights on to see and guide you to the cache. ;)
Yep, although I placed a cache that I added that attribute to because one detail of the container isn't obvious in daylight. Kinda a fun surprise... ;)

I guess that means I've used the attribute for reason #3.

It could be that the cache is in a very busy area in the daytime, but it's fairly easy to get to at night, it's set up to be a night cache with reflectors and all, or that the view is really neat at night - think the overlook hill outside of town (or the one in the country where you can see a bunch of stars).

I just placed my first night time cache it would fall under #2 to find it you have to go for a drive and find the coordinates that are made of reflective Numbers hidden in some signs I up up on the side of the road invisible during the day visible under headlights at night.

Icenrye just did it thought it was very evil. it's called "An Evening of Reflection " GC190TM

While that might be what it actually is, it seems that most people do not use that label to signify that is should be tried at night. I just did a PQ using that attribute and 19 out of the first 20 were ones that no bearing whether it was done at night or during the day - just the fact that it COULD be done at that time.

Our two night recommended caches are both better at night - one because it's designed for the finder to see the stars, and the other to see glow-worms (like fireflies... sort of.) Both can be done in the day - if you are only after numbers! :laughing: but if you are after the experience, night is best. So 2 or 3 I guess.

Annie