Cache saboteur ?

Just wondering if there is anyone, particularly in the Essex area that has had their cache go missing and replaced with party poppers ?

Several caches have been archived because of this and it has just happened to one of our caches too. It seems possible that someone could have signed up purely to sabotage caches.

Falling Through Time

Touch wood mine are all OK or none have been reported as missing. Were they Premium Member caches?

No, none of the caches were Premium Member caches.

Rightly or wrongly with the exception of my LQ cache I've now set all my caches to PM only. I figure if they want to trash my cache then they'll have to pay for the honour of doing it! :)

Not much use if they have a list of caches before you changed them <_<

No, none of the caches were Premium Member caches.

Rightly or wrongly with the exception of my LQ cache I've now set all my caches to PM only. I figure if they want to trash my cache then they'll have to pay for the honour of doing it! :blink:

Not much use if they have a list of caches before you changed them :)

A chance I'll have to take.

So thats 19 caches in one area that are now ALL Premium members ONLY. Is that permanent or are you just doing it temporarily as that seems quite a shame for NON premium members in your area? :)

So thats 19 caches in one area that are now ALL Premium members ONLY. Is that permanent or are you just doing it temporarily as that seems quite a shame for NON premium members in your area? :D

they could always join for a few quid?

Edited by sssss

This might be related to this problem or could be a whole new one.

A couple of weeks ago I got an email from a cacher who found one of my caches 'Royston Rummage' (GCQ3HY) which is based in Royston, Herts - not far from the Essex border.

The cacher reported an offensive item in the cache - luckily his children did not see the writings on the item.

Today I went to do a quick visit and found the offensive item - a whistle with expletives written on it. B)

I flicked through the log and found an undated entry.

"Found without GPS - because I own CRASSUS. You have been isolated - Crass"

I checked the website and no one has logged this 'find' by that name.

A quick check of similar names gave me a list of 5-6 all starting Crass and included CRASSUS. Crassus had joined in 2004 and last logged in in 2005 but had no finds. I checked all the others and they were created at various times since (nver revisited) - all with no finds. One was even invalidated. :)

Is this a potential troublemaker ?

Creating an account to get lists of caches ?

Not quite sure what "You have been isolated" means though. Sounds like a threat !!

Well CRASSUS is a figure from Roman History, in the time of Spartacus, Julius Caesar etc, but if this is a vandal, then the influence is more likely to be the video game Spartan: Total Warrior, where he was one of the villains. that might be where the random phrase 'You have been isolated' came from. :o

No, I haven't played it, a certain search facility on the www is full of this stuff.