Bushwacking Pirates Sword are almost here!

Mama Cache

Wow...that was FUN!! :anibad: Just like in the "old days" sitting here on pins and needles hitting the F5...F5....F5 and then suddenly it's time for action...should I go for the singles or wait for the set...oh man was I nervous!! WooHoo....got 2 sets ;) Can't wait to see these gems!! I only need one set so if someone else wants my extra set, shoot me an email -

Congrats again on a GREAT coin!!!

Mrs Cachu

Oh my..I'd hate to see your inbox right now!!

Had a set in my basket and somehow it changed the quantity to -20 and said I was owed $660. Then it changed again and completely took the set out of my basket.

I had this happen, not once, not twice, but three times!

I added the set at 8pm, there were 50 left.

I went to add another sword and then I had -47 at a price of $-1566

Then I refreshed, and they vanished.

Went to readd - OOStock.

Grumbled since they were in the cart.

Went to add another single silver. Done.

Went to add a gold...

Silver is now -9

Gold is OK.

Refresh, single is now gone gold is -something.

Gold is now gone.

So I went from having everything to nothing - I guess the cart means nothing for one, and to check out 3 times for 2!

{sigh}

Guess we'll do without :anibad:

Thanks for all the support. I know there were some problems. Since no Geocoin Seller has big volume it is always a problem with a coin that has so much interest. We have received several e-mails of problems and it will take us a day or so to sort them out.

Please see my question in post 178

Well apparently there were no lesson learned from the 2007 Compass coin fiasco. Had the basket filled with two sets and two each of the singles (mandated 10 coins) and the sucker came up with 46 sets.... dumped me out..went back tried 5 each of the singles..too late...negative numbers.

Ya know....some coins are just not worth this ........can you learn the word pre-sale? geeez

If you read the above post from Hogwild, you'll see they will be doing a 2 day presale. geeez.

All well and good when a website works....

order 2 and and it reports 46 and dumps you?.....

The new presale has no LE's..........

Nice for you and I see I am not alone on the order mishaps...full carts suddenly turning up empty...

Well apparently there were no lesson learned from the 2007 Compass coin fiasco. Had the basket filled with two sets and two each of the singles (mandated 10 coins) and the sucker came up with 46 sets.... dumped me out..went back tried 5 each of the singles..too late...negative numbers.

Ya know....some coins are just not worth this ........can you learn the word pre-sale? geeez

If you read the above post from Hogwild, you'll see they will be doing a 2 day presale. geeez.

Nice for you and I see I am not alone on the order mishaps...full carts suddenly turning up empty...

Remember, it's only a coin...

I accidentally had TWO sets in my cart, went to delete ONE so I wouldn't be a pig, and ended up with the same negative numbers problem. Ought to teach me to just go hogwild next time! Nah; against my nature. I THINK I have a couple singles ordered according to my account, but it got weird at Paypal so it still didn't complete the order. We'll see how it ends up. I guess I shoulda practiced on some other maniac sale, but so far have been too late to ever get close to a cigar. I'll bet some of you guys enjoy the frenzy....eek!

Well - I missed out on the crazy refreshing cause I thougt I had another hour before they went on sale... Gotta learn those time zones now..

Well - there will be another chance :anibad:

Same here. I was just refreshing and couldn't figure out why they weren't going online. Decided to check the forums and saw it was all over. I'm not quite sure why I thought it was 5 time zones & not 4 to Pacific, but it didn't really matter; I only got around to looking at the Hogwild e-mail 45 minutes ago, by which time they were gone anyway.

How many times have we been here, done that. These cart programs suck under pressure! I just try to get

the item I really want in the cart as quick as possible and then go right to checkout. I am already logged in as a member so all my shipping info is already there and then zip to PayPal. I got lucky and got my set this time. But believe me, this has not always been the case. And that's why I also really like the pre-sale thing. You even get a shot at purchasing different coin finishes. If I didn't have my compleatist compulsion under control, I would also be buying swords in the presale...

I accidentally had TWO sets in my cart, went to delete ONE so I wouldn't be a pig, and ended up with the same negative numbers problem. Ought to teach me to just go hogwild next time! Nah; against my nature. I THINK I have a couple singles ordered according to my account, but it got weird at Paypal so it still didn't complete the order. We'll see how it ends up. I guess I shoulda practiced on some other maniac sale, but so far have been too late to ever get close to a cigar. I'll bet some of you guys enjoy the frenzy....eek!

That is exactly what happened to me! and i'm not even supposed to be buying coins anymore. :anibad: I thought if my husband got a gander of one set...ok but two sets...no way! ;) I tried to delete and had the same problem. By the sounds of it I was lucky to get one silver. B)

OOOOOHHHH!! Put me down for a set of all 3 if you have a reservation List!!! Absolutely AWESOME!!!!

This was our post on the FIRST page, Feb. 26, and, wouldn't you know it, they went on sale while I was at work. Should have been off on time, but you know how it is in the hospital! Nothing goes as planned!

Maybe I can get lucky and make a trade later. My luck, I'll be working when the 2-day presale starts! We're so short-handed at work, everybody's working overtime! Gotta love it!!

What to do . . . . What to do?

The problem is always how to make everyone happy and bottom line is that we can't.

So the coins will go up for sale at the time specified in the e-mail. It turns out that we did not receive all of the coins ordered. So there will be two additional sales on this coin:

Once the initial coins have sold out and we have a good date for the balance of the coins they will be offered for sale with the limited quantities.

Because there is such high demand for the first batch, There will be a limit of 10 coins per purchaser. If you order more the entire order will be refunded and canceled.

If those also sell out, we will then do a two day pre order for additional coins - The additional presale coins will have a different finish / color combination on them. There will be no limit except for time on how many of these that are ordered.

Ah!!! So I might actually have a chance to buy some of these after all! Cool! :anibad:

CF30

Thanks everyone. Special THANKS to Sharon and Hogwild for sticking in there when others said it couldn't be done! Jamie at Madhatter and I must be on the same brain wave length. When it comes to my artwork, it always comes out just as I invisioned (and just a bit better!). Now how will I top this project? Happy caching. buddyluv4

WOW! That was fast! 7 minutes! You can imagine our cart went a little crazy. Due to the huge demand in such a short time the cart over sold by quite a few and the V1 is completely sold out. There might be a few extra, but we will not know that for some time.

They are neat coins and we want all who would like a set to get them.

I am proud to announce a presale of the satin gold and satin silver version. This will have a dark deep red color fill.

The preorders are open until Saturday night March 29th.

Thank you all for your kind words about the design your patience and understanding of the demand. We really appreciate it!

Satin Silver Sword

Satin Gold sword

Hey all, things are been very busy here this week. If you sent me an e-mail for a trade I will get back to you one way or another when my coins arrive (not sure when). At this point I'm not sure who I've responded to and who I haven't. Sorry. But I have saved all the e-mails. I just don't feel like I can really think seriously about trades until I have them in hand and know what I have. Then I will go through them one at a time. Of course I am mostly interested in AE for AE. Thanks all. Jolanda of team buddyluv4

Hey all, things are been very busy here this week. If you sent me an e-mail for a trade I will get back to you one way or another when my coins arrive (not sure when). At this point I'm not sure who I've responded to and who I haven't. Sorry. But I have saved all the e-mails. I just don't feel like I can really think seriously about trades until I have them in hand and know what I have. Then I will go through them one at a time. Of course I am mostly interested in AE for AE. Thanks all. Jolanda of team buddyluv4

Trades sound kewl. What metals/colors/qtys are your AEs? ;)

Great! ;)

Trades sound kewl. What metals/colors/qtys are your AEs? ;)

So far I have copper w/black and antique silver with remix blue. I think I will be getting more because of the reorder, but haven't made a choice on those yet. Thanks.

Guess I'll need to trade for one of these. Gave up trying to log in.. Filled out the password request a few times but nothing was ever sent to me (I checked my spam folders too), and the site wouldnt allow me to open another account with a different email address :) I don't know what I was doing wrong :D

Thanks for all the support. I know there were some problems. Since no Geocoin Seller has big volume it is always a problem with a coin that has so much interest. We have received several e-mails of problems and it will take us a day or so to sort them out.

In the next 48 hours we will add back the coins we have not yet received (same two finishes as currently listed, but no more LE's) There will not be a huge number of them, but some. We will also be adding two new finish / color combos. One will be a shiny gold the other has not been determined. The number of them sold will only be limited by time.

This sale will start at a more Europe Friendly time. Probably early morning PDT. Another email will go out with that info as well as being posted here in the forums.

Can I get a quick point of clarity? :) Will the remade LEs with the proper finish have the same tracking number as the first ones we get? Reason I care is, I've seen at least one LE on Ebay so far, and I'd hate to split the pair with someone else and have Dup. tracking codes. I don't have my package yet, so maybe that's all spelled out in there.

TMA

In the next 48 hours we will add back the coins we have not yet received (same two finishes as currently listed, but no more LE's) There will not be a huge number of them, but some. We will also be adding two new finish / color combos. One will be a shiny gold the other has not been determined. The number of them sold will only be limited by time.

This sale will start at a more Europe Friendly time. Probably early morning PDT. Another email will go out with that info as well as being posted here in the forums.

Can I get a quick point of clarity? :) Will the remade LEs with the proper finish have the same tracking number as the first ones we get? Reason I care is, I've seen at least one LE on Ebay so far, and I'd hate to split the pair with someone else and have Dup. tracking codes. I don't have my package yet, so maybe that's all spelled out in there.

TMA

The tracking number is on the scabbard.

Got my silver AE's today. I'll start looking at all the trade offers, but it's going to take me a few days to get through them. Thanks everyone. buddyluv4

Got my swords today - they are really cool. I'd love to release one but honestly don't see it getting very far without being taken.

Is anyone planning to release any? If so - any ideas on how to keep the 2 pieces together and make it so they can't be resold on eBay? I usually drill holes in my release coins and attach them to a split ring. I can't see how that would work with these.

Maybe the universe is just telling me to keep them. :)

Got my swords today - they are really cool. I'd love to release one but honestly don't see it getting very far without being taken.

Is anyone planning to release any? If so - any ideas on how to keep the 2 pieces together and make it so they can't be resold on eBay? I usually drill holes in my release coins and attach them to a split ring. I can't see how that would work with these.

Maybe the universe is just telling me to keep them. :)

I may release one when the version 2 swords arrive. Looking at them quickly, the loops on the scabbard aren't big enough for the wire I use, so I am thinking of maybe trying to drill in the closed end of the scabbard and running a wire through the length of the scabbard and the handle of the sword.

I may release one when the version 2 swords arrive. Looking at them quickly, the loops on the scabbard aren't big enough for the wire I use, so I am thinking of maybe trying to drill in the closed end of the scabbard and running a wire through the length of the scabbard and the handle of the sword.

Hmm...if you decide to do this can you post a picture? I'd love to figure out a way to send one of these guys out without having to resort to a stupid proxy or something.

Can I get a quick point of clarity? :D Will the remade LEs with the proper finish have the same tracking number as the first ones we get? Reason I care is, I've seen at least one LE on Ebay so far, and I'd hate to split the pair with someone else and have Dup. tracking codes. I don't have my package yet, so maybe that's all spelled out in there.

TMA

TMA, did you ever get a clarifcation on this?

Can I get a quick point of clarity? :D Will the remade LEs with the proper finish have the same tracking number as the first ones we get? Reason I care is, I've seen at least one LE on Ebay so far, and I'd hate to split the pair with someone else and have Dup. tracking codes. I don't have my package yet, so maybe that's all spelled out in there.

TMA

This was sort of answered previously, but to clarify based on what was on the Hogwild site: the tracking number is on the scabbard. The sword is what is being redone and sent. So the complete LE will consist of 1 scabbard and 2 swords.

This was sort of answered previously, but to clarify based on what was on the Hogwild site: the tracking number is on the scabbard. The sword is what is being redone and sent. So the complete LE will consist of 1 scabbard and 2 swords.

Thanks for the answer, it all makes sense now... :D

Thanks for the answer, it all makes sense now... :D

No, I didn't. It still doesn't make sense, but I understand the Hogwild position now. Why do I want two swords and one scabbard? Seems like a waste. But hey, what do I know? :D

there are quite a few on ebay. are they all "ok" ?

lara

From the pictures I have seen on some others that sold, they are selling the silver with gold swords that only have gold one on side. So I am "assuming" from what has been posted, the swords being sold on Ebay that are the 2-tones are truly the defective ones with gold on only one side. Maybe they are selling them and going to send the other one later. I doubt it, but just a thought.

I haven't gotten mine either, but I got a message stating that there was an oversell of the V1's. I ordered instantly, so I'm not sure how it was decided who got what and when. I was able to order a couple sets of the V1's, so I know that I was there early. Kinda stinks to see them on ebay long before I'm getting mine. <_<

edited for grammar...ugh

Edited by darnjoeSNARG