Bushwacking Pirates Sword are almost here!

Mama Cache

Was the time/date of the sale announced somewhere and I missed it? :anibad:

Can someone provide the link to the sales page?

The time was announced in a newsletter from Hogwild. It amazes me that those people who receive the newsletter run here to announce it instead of taking the gift offered to them. I see it in this thread and the others as well.

The time was announced in a newsletter from Hogwild. It amazes me that those people who receive the newsletter run here to announce it instead of taking the gift offered to them. I see it in this thread and the others as well.

This is true, but the newsletter I received on Monday, March 24, showed the sale date as tomorrow, March 24. So I thought I'd already missed out! Good thing I checked the website.

I hear what you are saying but I'm grateful for the information. I'm signed up for email notification at about 8 different websites that do coin sales. This happened to be one that I missed (and now have signed up for).

I understand there is going to be some competition for this coin but if we coin-lovers can't help each other out, then that would be pretty darn sad IMHO.

This is true, but the newsletter I received on Monday, March 24, showed the sale date as tomorrow, March 24. So I thought I'd already missed out! Good thing I checked the website.

So did mine :)

Was the time/date of the sale announced somewhere and I missed it? :)

So did mine :D

Mine did to. Then I check the site and got the right time and date. :) Some people make sure they have all there eggs in a row so they have an advantage to get the things they want. Others depend on other people to do things for them. In the end, if I am left empty handed, at least I know that I did what I needed to do by myself and I did NOT depend on others to get me there. :anibad:

Edited by dardevle

Mine did to. Then I check the site and got the right time and date. :anibad: Some people make sure they have all there eggs in a row so they have an advantage to get the things they want. Others depend on other people to do things for them. In the end, if I am left empty handed, at least I know that I did what I needed to do by myself and I did NOT depend on others to get me there. :)

:D:D:)

Some people make sure they have all there eggs in a row so they have an advantage to get the things they want. Others depend on other people to do things for them. In the end, if I am left empty handed, at least I know that I did what I needed to do by myself and I did NOT depend on others to get me there. :)

Wow. I'm so very sorry to have asked for help here. I didn't mean to upset anyone.

I've been following this thread since it began but made the mistake of not being on the mailing list. I guess that makes me somehow dependent on others to "get the things" I want. :anibad:

You know - I've been on the receiving end of help by some pretty generous coin collectors out there - both on this board and behind the scenes. So to read the tone of a couple of these posts when others have been so helpful and friendly is pretty discouraging to me personally.

I will now avoid the sale entirely so as to ensure that those first on the mailing list get all the coins that they want. I certainly wouldn't wish to interfere with anyone else's greed.

Some people make sure they have all there eggs in a row so they have an advantage to get the things they want. Others depend on other people to do things for them. In the end, if I am left empty handed, at least I know that I did what I needed to do by myself and I did NOT depend on others to get me there. :)

Wow. I'm so very sorry to have asked for help here. I didn't mean to upset anyone.

I've been following this thread since it began but made the mistake of not being on the mailing list. I guess that makes me somehow dependent on others to "get the things" I want. :anibad:

You know - I've been on the receiving end of help by some pretty generous coin collectors out there - both on this board and behind the scenes. So to read the tone of a couple of these posts when others have been so helpful and friendly is pretty discouraging to me personally.

I will now avoid the sale entirely so as to ensure that those first on the mailing list get all the coins that they want. I certainly wouldn't wish to interfere with anyone else's greed.

I think that it would be sad if you missed out on these coins just because of someone else's unkind words. I thought that the sport of Geocaching was a "friendly" sport, that is how I look at it anyway! Please do not miss out on this sale just because of someone's sharp tongue.

I think that it would be sad if you missed out on these coins just because of someone else's unkind words. I thought that the sport of Geocaching was a "friendly" sport, that is how I look at it anyway! Please do not miss out on this sale just because of someone's sharp tongue.

I appreciate that, I really do. I realize that the majority of people here are kind and helpful and I will continue to remember that.

Bottom line? It's just a coin....a very cool coin....but just a coin.

Maybe I'll be able to work out a trade for one in the future. But I'm not going to sweat it. Life is too short to get worked up about a coin. (unless it's a tsun coin then all bets are off!) j/k :anibad:

ThePetersTrio, make sure you're on the website a second after the hour strikes and don't be discouraged if the site "crashes" just keep in there. As for some of others, I think they get a little " testy" .

Believe me, we all make silly comments at times and certainly don't want to discourage anybody here.

So, like they say, "chin up" :anibad:

Sorry I have to speak up here in public. After feeling like I was being scolded like a child last night in a PM, I changed my posting here to not reveal the date of the sale.

I want these coins just as much as other people do. But come on folks, let's everyone take a breath and repeat what has been said in the past, this is only a hunk of metal.

I have always found my fellow geocachers and coin collectors to be some of the nicest people around. Maybe in the future if people ask a question about links and times, it would be better to PM that person so it is not on the boards and it does not offend anyone else.

Ignore him. Get on there and take a shot.