Nothing in it for you Cointest

Highland Geofairy

There are so many people who have been nice to me and others. This posting shows just how nice people have been to one another. There is a great group of poeple here who have joined together due to a common interest. Great friends have been made and I'm sure new friends are to come. We have all been nice to someone in one way or another. I couldn't choose as I feel everyone is deserving. It's nice to see how much people care as there are still a lot of people out there who don't which I'm sad to say.

I drove home from work today, as I drove towards a car that slid off the side of the road. An elderly woman was hunched over her steering wheel. People simply passed by, looked and didn't bother to stop. She was so upset and scared that she didn't want to continue her drive. She was shaking. I don't understand how noone could stop. I offered her a ride home only to find out she is one of my neighbors! Such a simple task to be nice but a lot of people don't bother.

Wow...another mystery coiner?? Hello Easter Geocoin Bunny!!

Another nomination....this time it has to be MALDAR!!! For those who don't know the story...well, it was a wonderful Christmas for me and mine this year THANKS to the kindness of Maldar and a few others here in the forums. Maldar actually took time out of his Christmas day to travel clear out to my area and spring a surprise on me. Wonderfully done, I was most surprised and honored!

Hello Highlandgeofairy :D

I want also nominate the"GOEDE SINT

He gives mystery coins away in the Netherlands. [so far i now]."

When st Nicholas arrived in the Netherlands, he put the coins in to caches.

St nicholas is special feast for kids in the Neterlands but know the "GOEDE SINT"are giving coin away in caches at is a special feast for us cachers.

Will we find a coin or not. [it makes St Nicholas were exciting for us adults]

So please give "GOEDE SINT" your coin, he deserve it. :(

...maybe they did something terrific and you want folks to know about it.

Actually, you're doing something terrific, and I think YOU deserve something special as well. Why don't you consider forwarding me an address somehow? I realize you'll prefer to keep anonymous, so perhaps the address of a friend, or someone whom you trust. Be as vague as you like. I'd just like to assure this gets to you. Feel free to e-mail me, and don't be shy.

:(

Actually, you're doing something terrific, and I think YOU deserve something special as well. Why don't you consider forwarding me an address somehow? I realize you'll prefer to keep anonymous, so perhaps the address of a friend, or someone whom you trust. Be as vague as you like. I'd just like to assure this gets to you. Feel free to e-mail me, and don't be shy.

I know the Highland geofairy and if they dont want to give away their address Yime can send me the coin and i can mail it to them

My plans were to nominate a BUNCH more people, but as some have pointed out, I'll likely end up forgetting someone and would feel badly. Sooooo I'll nominate a few more and hope the rest of you will understand!! Most all that I want to nominate are already named, but....

Jeep'n Jumpers! He has been very kind in gifting me not one but two of his awesome coins (one after finding out my collection was stolen). I got my original coin back and am now owning both of these coins. Hey JJ, if you want the second back, I'd be more than happy to return it!! Otherwise, I might gift it to my son!!

KARMA!! Karma was one of the first to mail me shortly after my theft. I'd not had dealings with her before this and was caught completely by surprise when the package arrived stuffed full of her great coins!! The feeling that day....WOW! I haven't seen Karma around much lately, hope all is well!

GPX Navigators! Michele, you are a great friend indeed! Our few emails really helped me out during some tough times, I truly appreciate that...and the gifts??? THANK-YOU! I've still got some goodies coming your way...maybe you'll have to fight the mailman to get them this time!! lol

Chantal!! Oh, where to even start with this great person...such a wonderfully caring soul! I feel honored to know you my friend!! Another of the first to email me after my theft, Chantal has been a strength when I feel weak!!

Rusty!! Rusty, you are a great friend, someone I'd stand toe to toe with against anyone! Rusty has been very helpful in MiGO and with all my doings as a cacher. He volunteers his time to be a reviewer and still has time to design and manufacture AWESOME coins and pathtags!! Keep up the great work my friend!

Team CoyChev!! Gary and Donna are (or should I say were) President and First Lady since I began caching, yet they aren't the "stuffed shirt" type at all! From our first meeting, I was welcomed by these two and consider them family! These two talked me into running for my position in MiGO (RVP) and have been there every time I need guidance or a friend to talk with! Very caring duo, very friendly and hard working!!

Nurse Nanna! Hey, what can be said about this special lady?? She's always there to lend a hand or an ear, she's always got a big smile on her face and ready to give a big healing hug!! I LOVE to go caching with her, it's ALWAYS an adventure and a great time!! Her kindness is infectious, she brightens ANY room she enters!! How can anyone stay sad with her around??

LadyBee4T!! The other half of the NN/LB4T Dynamic Duo!! Beverly, as with Anne...I consider you family!! Can't wait for the 2nd Lazy Hayes Days kiddo... Beverly has talked me down more than a few times (and is there to listen even when I only want to rant!), she just KNOWS how to make a situation seem better!

Geopigs!! Sally and Jim are AWESOME people, I don't think we'd even be caching right now had we not had to beg for help on one opf their hides!! Sally has been there through thick and thin (and I can be a BEAR to get along with most times) and has been a WONDERFUL friend! THANK-YOU for being you!!

ALL you MYSTERY COINERS....nothing more needing said about how caring you all ae, THANK-YOU for your infectious joy!!

I could go on and on and....don't be upset if I didn't name you please...EVERYONE here is considered FAMILY to me, I am honored to be accepted here! I wish I could send a coin to each and every one of you out there, you ALL deserve that and much more!! What a wonderful FAMILY we have here!!

I know the Highland geofairy and if they dont want to give away their address Yime can send me the coin and i can mail it to them

no, I know the Highland geofairy, Yime can send me the coin and I will be sure to mail it to them. :D

This is a really great idea for a cointest :laughing:

There are so many terrific folks out there who have made an impact on my life. I would love to name everyone but I'm afraid I'd leave someone off by mistake and then feel terrible about it. I can say that there are many people who have been nominated already who are very deserving folks & who I care about alot.

Thank you for the contest ;)

Goodmorning to you all ;)

The last i want to nominate is DORKFISH because she makes beautiful coins, and gives a share of the profit of her coins to good cause.

The rainbow bridge coins donate to Seniorhoundsabout.

The Northern right whale geocoin donate to whales[organization i don't know precise]

The Hector's dolphin geocoin donate to Dolphins [organization i don't know precise]

I am just looking around in geocoin land so this are the coins i know about but i think she has doing this often.

Don't forget she will run also the Susan g komen breast cancer race on 17 may.

So please give your coin to DORKFISH she deserve it. :laughing:

I knew if I just sat back and gave my poor mind time to think, I'd come up with the next nomination!!

W_I Robin!! Robin has been VERY hard at work setting up the TnT auctions. I'm not sure how she does this with all the coins going their way...and I truly hope she covers her shipping costs and paypal fees...but she has been such a WONDERFUL person through it all!

And, to top that all of, she sent me a nice package of coins when I sent my donations in. If you do this for every donation, you'll not have anything left kiddo!! THANK-YOU!!

From reading and hanging around here on the forums for the last year or so, I add the following people just based on their kindness and good hearts they have shown here:

Earthrooster

Georgia from the Caching Place (two-thumbs up)

Fairyhoney

3 Doxies

W_I Robin

Hollora

ATMouse

BrokenW

Nielsenc

jAY miLLS

IB Crashen

And for their wicked sense of humor:

Avroair

Tsun

Yime

pghlooking

moop

9key

Flying Spaghetti Monster (first wise cracking pasta I have ever encoutered) :laughing:

And lastly, for the "wisest, oldest, and crochety" (this is not said in a mean way either, so please don't take it that way) geocoiners here who really, really, really love these shiny hunks of metal and for trying to share their joy of them with us

Kealia & Hula Bum

Edited by bvnlj

I would like to nominate:

Tsunrisebey - She went out of her way to make good on a cointest. Something she didn't even have to do.

BackBrakeBilly - One of the main reasons we cache. He has helped us many times over and was the first to show the kindness of the geocaching community.

You can't win one of my coins, but you can nominate someone else to get one.

Just post why you think they should get a coin

I could nominate several cachers who have helped or encouraged me or placed caches that I really enjoyed but I nominate Tooey.

I know she has a "thing" about coins, I have found or moved on several stunning coins found in her caches and the caches are well thought out and always in interesting locations.

Oh, and I think the coin design is brilliant. :laughing:

I would like to nominate the Highland Geocoin Fairy for being from my favorite place to live! I would like to nominate PengoFamily for being my favorite person to trade with and for being a good friend! Also I would like to nominate WI_Robin for all the wonderful work she has done for the TnT charity. Last I would like to nominate Tony and Tracy for everything they are going thru. <_<:P:) :)

Edited by Tennessee Jed

I would love to nominate Steve and Trish DeFau of the3defaus

They do so much to promote the sport of Geocaching in West Texas. They host a lot of our Events, paying for most everything out of their own pockets. They hide BUNCHES of great caches for the rest of us to find. They support all of the local cachers in any way they can. If we have one of our members in the hospital, they are there to visit them. If someone has a problem that they just need someone to talk to, Steve is the MAN!! If you need an extra clue to find a cache, they are always just a phone call away!

Steve and Trish are just good people! They really deserve much more recognition than they receive. Please consider them for this great coin!

Thanks!!

So many deserving folks out there!

Folks I know but haven't met face-to-face:

Tsunrisebey - Hmm, if I only had three words to describe Tsun, they would be generous, selfless and another helping of generous.

Avroair - When does this man sleep between designing coins, hosting events, running races and giving away a brazillian coins!

Chrisgun - a NW cacher and prolific coin collector who could use some cheering up at the moment (2 kitties with terminal cancer <_< )

And now for some local cachers...

Creacher - he was the sane half of the GCF NC multi-event preparation and hosting (leaving me as the nutso side! :) )

Horsegeeks - Always there when you need a hint finding a cache (since they've found most in the area), want to trade a coin (for the few they don't already have!) and instrumental in so many area events on any number of levels.

Billwolf1 - Without the talents of the Mrs. side of this caching duo, at GW5 y'all would have been lucky to get the jiggly block of "meat" from a dented can of Spam to eat! :)

D Force - military man with a love of coins and country (ok, maybe I have the order reversed, :P )

Edited by dflye

I have enjoyed reading through the nominations and as many have said I couldn't name only one person. So consider this list a work in progress and an addtion to several other posts here.

Rusty--He is a great reviewer here in Michigan. I have enjoyed talking coins with him and very much treasure several of the trades I made with him when I was a relative newcomer.

MustangJoni-- I love her coins, her sense of humor and her levelheadness. Some day maybe we can do some 4/5 caches!

Nurse Nanna--One of the best caching buddies ever. She always manages to see the humor in about everything (even stepping through the ice in syncrony--you had to be there). Her name is a legend here in Michigan and people follow her logs just because!

Glennk721--Glenn is a very generous soul and a dear friend. A wonderful all around person.

Like others have said, so many GREAT folks in this community...

3Doxies - An amazing and fantastic couple. Very kind, generous, and caring in every aspect of our hobby.

AtlantaGal - Truly a GREAT person. She is another reason this community is so fantastic, and she is always willing to answer my personal coin questions. <_<

Avroair - When is he NOT giving something back to the geocoin community?

The Moop Along - Awesome person, fun to be around, and another source of coin info for me... :)

dflye - Another kind and generous person. My favorite person to trade coins with, and also my partner in crime for the Geocoinfest Multi-Event in NC.

We have one thing to say," truley it is all about great geocaching families here, everyone makes these forumns feel like everyone is one huge loving family." Whoever gets the wonderful honor on receiving coins just so you know you really deserve it, and truley treasure it and hold it close to your heart as someone thinks you are awesome.

Thanks so much.

Barry and Val

sweetlife

Firstly, many people here have shown me that this really is one huge extended family and a great community.....(Thanks to all of you who have welcomed me aboard)

However I would like to nominate the following persons please:

Carole of Team OleOmi

She sent me the most lovely email that really demonstrated that she is really a caring and thoughtfull person.

And Rockin Roddy - he was the first person here that welcomed me to this great community...Thanks

Good luck with your tough decisions Highland GeoFairy. (Life is tough at the top sometimes....so they tell me!!!)

Edited by lordxtra

Wow!

This is a tough one. There are so many people that I need to thank and say how wonderful they are that I am not able to keep up with the list.

LadyBee4T: Here's back at ya, the best caching friend and lifetime friend that I could ever ask for.

We have fun, laughs and good times together, but we also share the hard times, the tears and the frustrations too...the sign of a true friend. We have been very busy, and it's been harder to get out together to cache this year, but I always know that I can trust her to be there in times of need and in a crunch.

It's a true deep dependable friendship with lots of great smiles and comraderie.

She is also a great winter driver and saved our necks yesterday on glare ice!

Rockin Rod: I tease him and laugh about how much work he makes me do to find his caches, but there is a level of friendship there that defies explanation or words to describe it. We tease each other like the brother and sister we never wanted! I am truly overwhelmed by his compassion for others.

Team CoyChev have done an awful lot for this sport/hobby obsession of ours. As true leaders of MIGO they have given up much of their caching time to allow time to work on the relatonship we have with Michigan parks and recreation systems in our state. They have proven time and time again that they really care about what they do and they do it in a quality way.

The mystery coin folks have remained a mystery to me. I know that some folks have caught on to who they are, but I am clueless. (Some folks say that is the way I am destined to be the rest of my life too...but that is a separate issue...) It goes against the ways of the world nowadays to give anonymously, but this seems to be there way. I am grateful to their mission. I am supposing that they are different folks and not the same, but their kindnesses are as a whole uplifting and set a standard of caring for each and everyone of us.

This is only the tip of the iceberg and all I have time for, but at least it is an opportunity to say thank you in a small way.

Thanks for the chance, anne

"The mystery coin folks have remained a mystery to me. I know that some folks have caught on to who they are, but I am clueless. (Some folks say that is the way I am destined to be the rest of my life too...but that is a separate issue...) It goes against the ways of the world nowadays to give anonymously, but this seems to be there way. I am grateful to their mission. I am supposing that they are different folks and not the same, but their kindnesses are as a whole uplifting and set a standard of caring for each and everyone of us."

Nurse Nanna, there is Nothing wrong with being clueless. As I am, too :o

As many of you have already pointed out in your posts – you are all winners. Unfortunately I’m not able to send everyone a coin and so a decision had to be made.

Congratulations go to EMSDanel, courtesy of Hollora – see post #43.

We all know of the generosity of those that are regular visitors to this forum, the caring and sharing that goes on. But I felt Hollora’s post articulated all that I value in this game. There are many beyond this forum that make a valuable contribution to the game, and like Dan, they enjoy collecting coins but probably may not have the time or the inclination to participate in the Geocoin Discussion forum.

Anyone that positively encourages children out of the house and into the fresh air to discover and learn new things about the real world in which we live gets my vote. A report by Oliver Pergrams, a biologist at the University of Illinois and Patricia Zaradic of the US Environmental Leadership Programme stated “All major lines of evidence point to a general and fundamental shift away from people’s participation in nature-based recreation. The cultural shift away from nature recreation appears to extend outside of the US, and the decline appears to have begun 1981-1991”.

I have not read the entire report, but I suspect that a major contribution to this decline is caused by children wanting to watch TV, play on games consoles and sit at their computers, and I don’t think it is just the children that are guilty of this either !

Other research shows that environmentally responsible behaviour results from direct contact with the environment and that people must be exposed to natural areas as children if they are to care about them as adults.

Although I stated that there was ‘nothing in it for you’ – I should like to send Hollora a coin also for taking the time to write his entry.

Hollora – please email me through my profile with details of your address so that I can get the coins sent out to you. I am making an assumption that you might like to place the coin for EMSDanel to discover in a cache, I’ll leave it up to you to decide how to handle it.

To everyone else, many thanks for posting your entries in this thread.

Well, I am nearly speechless. Thank you Highland Geofairy!

And a thank you to all the folks posting congrats! Everyone of the nominees was deserving.

This cointest has made us all think about relationships, actions and value, without concern for a reward. It was more than a reflection on just coins. Rather, it was a chance to consider the nominees overall and their contribution to our community of Geocaching and then the larger community as a whole. Thank you Highland Geofairy for making this part of your evaluation to choose the winner. Everyone is a winner, however, because it has caused us to reflect.

EMSDanel is very deserving of this award. I am honored and awed by actually posting the nomination which you chose. It was written from my heart and soul.

If any of you ever have a chance to meet Dan on the trail, at an event or where ever, you will immediately know why I nominated this kind, gentle, soft spoken man. His love for life and this Earth is evident. He is one of those - here to make this Earth a better place. The Geocaching community is a better place because he has chosen this sport as his own. I am blessed to consider this man a friend!

Again - thank you Highland Geofairy for this wonderful award!