Read Audit Log

Its a premium member only cache feature any non premium members will not be able to see your listing, it will show up on thier searches they just wont be able to acces the cache page :anibad: .

If its a traditional cache they will be able to work out the location through searches.

It also wont tell you who has recieved the information in a pocket querry.

We tend to set our tougher puzzles 'premium member only' for the first few weeks; it's interesting to see how many people look at the cache listing and give an indication if they are actually do-able.

All the serious cachers in our area are premium members anyway so it makes no difference to anyone looking at the details....

I do that, and then take it off after FTF has been found :anibad: - tip received from P&T

With instant notification PM's allready have an advantage on non PM's.

It's like holding a race but not allowing some of the runners to enter.

I don't see a problem with that. Most races have a fee, subscription, a minimum level of sponsorship, call what you will to cover their costs.

It's been there for as long as I remember, but you only get it if you make a cache "Premium Members Only" :anibad:

Good innit - neat for guessing who might get FTF!

Ah!!! I didn't know about this feature - but I just release my caches out there (not PM only). A mixture of different cachers go for FTFs in my neck of the woods.

I do that, and then take it off after FTF has been found :D - tip received from P&T

I don't see a problem with that. Most races have a fee, subscription, a minimum level of sponsorship, call what you will to cover their costs.

Yes the race does but not the racers, id bet Paula Radcliffe does not have to pay to run.

Setting a PM only cache is the owners prerogative in fact when we first paid to play we did this but over time came to the runners in the race analogy to let everyone enter.

If a non PM always loses out to a PM in the FTF race they may just want to pay up to get instant notifications just another way of looking at it.

I did like seeing John and Carols First To View list ithough it made trying to click through to the cache page first a different kind of race a nice touch especially when you get one :anibad:

I do that, and then take it off after FTF has been found :D - tip received from P&T

Yes the race does but not the racers, id bet Paula Radcliffe does not have to pay to run.

Setting a PM only cache is the owners prerogative in fact when we first paid to play we did this but over time came to the runners in the race analogy to let everyone enter.

If a non PM always loses out to a PM in the FTF race they may just want to pay up to get instant notifications just another way of looking at it.

I did like seeing John and Carols First To View list ithough it made trying to click through to the cache page first a different kind of race a nice touch especially when you get one :anibad:

Yes, I have no interest in setting premium member only caches, and yes despite what it says on the left I am a premium member.

Edited by pklong