Bug: Create a Variable

twolpert

In various places, the builder allows you to create a variable while editing or creating some other entity. For example, when maintaining an input, there is a Create a Variable... button. This is a nice feature which is supposed to allow me to compensate for the my failure to think ahead <_< .

Unfortunately, once I have created the variable, it does not appear in the drop-down list on the Input screen. There does not appear to be any way to refresh the list short of closing the window and reopening it. This is still faster than closing the window, creating a variable in the normal manner, and then reopening the window. But it's probably not the intended behavior.

I have noticed similar behavior in other places where a variable can be created.

Definitely just a minor annoyance.

Tom

I noticed that when creating any sort of object. The drop-down list won't refresh. To "fix" this, I select the same type of object from the list again (for instance, if I just created a zone, I drop the list down and select "zone" again). Doing so will refresh the second list box. That's been my experience, at least.