pocket querie ? town only

LECTRAGLIDE

Anyone know if it is possible to do a pocket querie of a single town . I try to narrow the field by miles but thats not exactly helpful. It seems to be somewhat difficult to figure out what town some caches are in .

Many times the cache info does not say what town its in .

I went to cache over the weekend that the owner was not sure what town it was placed in .Very close to

border .

Thanks

Anyone know if it is possible to do a pocket querie of a single town . I try to narrow the field by miles but thats not exactly helpful. It seems to be somewhat difficult to figure out what town some caches are in .

Many times the cache info does not say what town its in .

I went to cache over the weekend that the owner was not sure what town it was placed in .Very close to

border .

Thanks

Nope. Except for country/state PQs, they're generated outward from a single coordinate.

Try searching X miles from the center of town.

That will only work for round towns :(

You'd think it would work here, but it doesn't.

No, maybe it doesn't work there, but it does work fine for Polkville, North Carolina.

To the OP, I see that you live in a New England state. The northeast is a little different than the rest of the country in that just about every piece of land is divided into a town or township, the borders of which bump up against other townships. The rest of the country isn't set up that way; instead, city limits are ever changing as communities grow and expand. A vast majority of the landmass in the US isn't within the boundaries of a city or town, once you get out of the northeast (I think Pennsylvania is set up the same way).

I once had a really confusing conversation about this from a colleague in Connecticut. I was referring to some sampling locations that I had visited in a southern state, and she wanted to know what town they were in. I said that the sites were so many miles from such-and-such a town, and her reply was yes, but what town were they in? This went on for a minute or two before we each realized where the other was coming from.

Edited by DavidMac