A sad day today...

pghlooking

Ok, I have to say something. Even though it may not make many friends. But hey, it is

only my opinion. We all choose the job that we have. We ALL have bad days and get stressed

out. So should I complain about being laid off in the winter months, going crazy with cabin fever?

No, I make the best of it. When I go back to work in the summer driving 22 wheeler weighing 80,000lbs

fully loaded, I think I'll post here about how stressed out I am driving that big rig around in traffic. Maybe

I'll complain about all the silly drivers out there who think they are invisible and can drive however the like!

But, I must say, coin or two in the mail would brighten my day. Lets see if it works!! I choose the job

I have because I love the challange and I really love to drive! That is my time to be at one with my

thoughts. Please do not think I am complaining about me job or life because I am NOT. It is what

I choose to do and I do what I love! That is also why I geocache. Having a few DNFs' is part of it to.

Nobody complains about having a few DNFs' Why? It is part of the game! Anyway, pghlooking, try

to go ice fishing, it always works to cure my blues! Hope you shake them soon! :D

THANK YOU!

This guy chose his job, knowing full well what it entailed...but hey...when it gets to being not so fun, putting out a plea for free geocoins will "brighten" his day...

Man...I need to think of some pitiful condition so I can beg for coins as well...

:(:D

My question becomes, why is his plight any different? Different than what you might ask :(

Lots of people on these boards decide to share their personal misfortunes with us. That's their perogative. When they're down and out, we support them. They get free coins all the time. Maybe it's just my eyes, but I seem to read day in and day out where "so and so sent me a free coin", or how thankful I am to receive this unsolicited gift. All because the sender knows the recipient is on tough times.

I challenge you to pick me a week where we (we as in "geocoin forums") are not reading about someone's bad luck and sending them coins to sell or keep, to cheer them up. :D

TMA

My question becomes, why is his plight any different? Different than what you might ask :(

Lots of people on these boards decide to share their personal misfortunes with us. That's their perogative. When they're down and out, we support them. They get free coins all the time. Maybe it's just my eyes, but I seem to read day in and day out where "so and so sent me a free coin", or how thankful I am to receive this unsolicited gift. All because the sender knows the recipient is on tough times.

I challenge you to pick me a week where we (we as in "geocoin forums") are not reading about someone's bad luck and sending them coins to sell or keep, to cheer them up. :D

TMA

You have a good point. Everyone is intitled to express there feelings here if they choose.

Alot of people here are good friends and that is the way it should be. People helping

each-other!

I couldn't resist throwing in my 2 cents...I guess to most it would be worth maybe 1 on a good day. :D Anyway I saw a few posts about how pgh chose his job and now is whining to get free coins. So I went back and reread the original post. No where in it did I see I am whining, send me free coins. I got out of his post that he was having a tough couple of days and decided to sit down and look through his geocoin collection and think about the joy these shiney bobbles bring him and others. Then other gracious cachers offered to send him some coins. That's what is great about this community. There are always others around to lend a helping hand...even if it is mailing out a coin to cheer someone up. Yes, once and while I have been on the receiving end of a gift and I also gift to others in return. I think the generosity in this community is just awesome!! I know I cherish all the gifts that I have been sent as well as all the trades I have made. I'd like to think also that I have made some great friends through this community even if I haven't met them in person.

Sorry if I have taken this thread off topic. But I applaud all those out there who are willing to help others in need. Thanks for brightening up someone's day even if it is only sending an email saying 'Hi! How's it going?'

Pgh, I hope that this slump turns around. :( I know what you mean about taking out your collection and flipping through the pages and staring at all the shiney pieces of metal. It cheers me up too. :D

I couldn't resist throwing in my 2 cents...I guess to most it would be worth maybe 1 on a good day. :laughing: Anyway I saw a few posts about how pgh chose his job and now is whining to get free coins. So I went back and reread the original post. No where in it did I see I am whining, send me free coins. I got out of his post that he was having a tough couple of days and decided to sit down and look through his geocoin collection and think about the joy these shiney bobbles bring him and others. Then other gracious cachers offered to send him some coins. That's what is great about this community. There are always others around to lend a helping hand...even if it is mailing out a coin to cheer someone up. Yes, once and while I have been on the receiving end of a gift and I also gift to others in return. I think the generosity in this community is just awesome!! I know I cherish all the gifts that I have been sent as well as all the trades I have made. I'd like to think also that I have made some great friends through this community even if I haven't met them in person.

Sorry if I have taken this thread off topic. But I applaud all those out there who are willing to help others in need. Thanks for brightening up someone's day even if it is only sending an email saying 'Hi! How's it going?'

Pgh, I hope that this slump turns around. :laughing: I know what you mean about taking out your collection and flipping through the pages and staring at all the shiney pieces of metal. It cheers me up too. :anibad:

Well said my friend...well said!!

I have to jump on board with Chantal, Roddy and GPX, because they are right.

I also have to say that I know many fine people from Pittsburgh. They live there, raise their families there, and it is the place they call home. I think it is sad to insult them by calling their home <insult removed by moderator>

Edited by Eartha

Look, I care less if you give coins out or not. It's your choice. However, I think it's silly to do so just because someone is "down."

I'm sure you've heard before that one must suck it up and deal. That was and is my original point. So PGH got worked hard...it's a liability of the job. To come here, though, whining about it...come on.

Can you show me that dance at GCF? :laughing:

<Insult removed by moderator>

You're absolutely out of line by making a statement like this in the Geocoin Forum. Your personal vendetta against cachers in this area has no place in here whatsoever. Posting disparaging remarks like this just further exemplifies the unhealthy negativism you bring to this community.

Edited by Eartha

....But, I must say, coin or two in the mail would brighten my day. Lets see if it works!! ...

The person who gets my coin to brighten their day is the one I find out about that never did mention it in the forums or who's buddies mentioned it for them. The one everone else overlooked. Making my contribution, whatever it is, all the more important.

As for the OP, nice post. Your's is the collection that I'd want my coin in. That or an orphan who has never heard of caching so they have something to fill their pocket just for luck.

Edited by Renegade Knight

You're absolutely out of line by making a statement like this in the Geocoin Forum. Your personal vendetta against cachers in this area has no place in here whatsoever. Posting disparaging remarks like this just further exemplifies the unhealthy negativism you bring to this community.

THANK-YOU YIME!!!!

A&T...if ever you are down and out (had a bad day, had your coins solen, family health crisis etc) I truly hope you don't run into someone with the same attitude as you display. I'd like to feel that ALL are friends here, but it seems that some don't want to be or just can't bring themselves to be nice toward others. It's a sad world when people turn a blind eye to others in time of consoling or hardship, I pity anyone who lives in that world (but it seems a choice they themselves make).

Now....can someone show me where PGH came here begging for anything but compassion? Can you show me where anyone is holding a gun to the friends who are HAPPY to send a little cheer to him? If not, why not take your negativity elsewhere and let those who WANT to be friends here go on about their friendly business...no one is forcing ANYONE to read these posts, are they?

Edited by Eartha

<insult removed by moderator>

Oh please...learn to take a joke. :laughing:

Edited by Eartha

This guy chose his job, knowing full well what it entailed...but hey...when it gets to being not so fun, putting out a plea for free geocoins will "brighten" his day...

Man...I need to think of some pitiful condition so I can beg for coins as well...

:laughing::laughing:

I'm a frequent looker in here, but I've never felt the need to post. I enjoy admiring all your coins...but I'm not ready to purchase yet.

I've always been impressed with the friendliness and generousity of the folks in here, but I must admit, this post really disappoints and discourages me...

I'm truly shocked at the lack of compassion on your part.

Can you show me that dance at GCF? :anibad:

I didn't take it as a joke either, FWIW :laughing:

Edited by Eartha

One laughing signal doesn't make it a joke. Nor do multiple winking smilies

Edited by Eartha
Can you show me that dance at GCF? :anibad:

I didn't take it as a joke either, FWIW :laughing:

Nope a laughing frog hardly lets that comment off as a joke....

Edited by Eartha

Fine. Think what you will. Unlike many of you, I am not here to please anyone.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled love fest.

You are achieving that goal it appears. A&T, I've seen you get gifts and such from people here so I'm SURE you understand the concept, why the negativity? If you don't like the post, there are plenty others there to participate in, why try to turn this one into something ugly?

Nice thngs for nice people my friend....suger draws the fly and such?? Besides, how are these acts of friendship hurting you?

:laughing::)

I'm a frequent looker in here, but I've never felt the need to post. I enjoy admiring all your coins...but I'm not ready to purchase yet.

I've always been impressed with the friendliness and generousity of the folks in here, but I must admit, this post really disappoints and discourages me...

I'm truly shocked at the lack of compassion on your part.

Don't let one person color your thoughts on the forum... by and large this is one of the most incredible forums I've ever had the priviledge to be a part with!

Welcome to the forums, now, don't be a stranger :laughing:

Naomi :anibad:

I didn't take it as a joke either, FWIW :anibad:

I didn't either.

Signal isn't laughing. Signal wouldn't laugh at insults. That was an imposter.

It is not a joke.

(In the future, when someone posts insults or disparaging comments, it helps if everyone didn't quote the insult so it then has to be edited from every post. Thanks.)

Still showing up in #66 on last refresh. :laughing:

Signal isn't laughing. Signal wouldn't laugh at insults. That was an imposter.

It is not a joke.

(In the future, when someone posts insults or disparaging comments, it helps if everyone didn't quote the insult so it then has to be edited from every post. Thanks.)

Sorry...did cause a bit of work, didn't it! Thanks for removing it, well done!

Just when you think you are about to come around that corner someone is there to kick you back down. I am unsuure why there is so much hatred and animosity towards not only individuals you have never met, but a whole city you have never been to. It's actually kind of sad when you think about it. I feel for you and wish you much brighter days A&T. Comniig from somone who has had a bad couple days, I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Try to cheer up buddy and look for that silver lining. In fact I will make you an offer that I hope you don't refuse. I would like to help open your eyes and let you see the City of Pittsburgh for all we have to offer rather than you harber ill will towards the unknown. Come to GCF and let me show you around. We have lots to offer in evrything from music to culture to history to sports to some of the nicest most caring people in the world. You come to GCF and I will be your personal tour guide. We will paint the town red as they say. (I guess in the coin world that would be a translucent red :laughing: ). We can cache, laugh, and just enjoy life without all the anger and such. Heck I will even buy the drinks. You can't beat an offer like that now can ya!? I can only offer you a hand of friendship. It's up to you take shake it.

Thanks to all who have expressed their feelings and have told me iI am in their thoughts. What a community. The day was better till about 4 when got a text message informing me the legend of Pittsburgh Steeler's Nation, Myron Cope, had died. Anyone who knows anything about this town and the Steelers will know this is one sad day not only for me but people everywhere in all walks of life. I would ask everyone to take a moment of silence for Myron, then wave your terrible towel and let out a big Double Yoi in his memory.

Myron Cope Tribute Video

I got one coin today from a very unknown source. When I went to get into my truck I saw a small envelope on the wipers. I thought at first it would be a parking ticket, which would have just been fitting, but it turned out to contain a coin. Thank you geoCoin Fairy for helping me out today. You lifted me back up to a level that is doable. Maybe tomorrow we can get above the median and back on track.

Just when you think you are about to come around that corner someone is there to kick you back down. I am unsuure why there is so much hatred and animosity towards not only individuals you have never met, but a whole city you have never been to. It's actually kind of sad when you think about it. I feel for you and wish you much brighter days A&T. Comniig from somone who has had a bad couple days, I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Try to cheer up buddy and look for that silver lining. In fact I will make you an offer that I hope you don't refuse. I would like to help open your eyes and let you see the City of Pittsburgh for all we have to offer rather than you harber ill will towards the unknown. Come to GCF and let me show you around. We have lots to offer in evrything from music to culture to history to sports to some of the nicest most caring people in the world. You come to GCF and I will be your personal tour guide. We will paint the town red as they say. (I guess in the coin world that would be a translucent red :laughing: ). We can cache, laugh, and just enjoy life without all the anger and such. Heck I will even buy the drinks. You can't beat an offer like that now can ya!? I can only offer you a hand of friendship. It's up to you take shake it.

Hey Jim! If I say mean things will you buy me some drinks in Pittsburgh too?????? I can bring a couple swords for swirlers and cocktail picks!

Edited by Mama Cache

Thanks to all who have expressed their feelings and have told me iI am in their thoughts. What a community. The day was better till about 4 when got a text message informing me the legend of Pittsburgh Steeler's Nation, Myron Cope, had died. Anyone who knows anything about this town and the Steelers will know this is one sad day not only for me but people everywhere in all walks of life. I would ask everyone to take a moment of silence for Myron, then wave your terrible towel and let out a big Double Yoi in his memory.

Myron Cope Tribute Video

I got one coin today from a very unknown source. When I went to get into my truck I saw a small envelope on the wipers. I thought at first it would be a parking ticket, which would have just been fitting, but it turned out to contain a coin. Thank you geoCoin Fairy for helping me out today. You lifted me back up to a level that is doable. Maybe tomorrow we can get above the median and back on track.

If all I have to do is bad-mouth you to get that offer...you slow walking dog poisoner...stop feeling so sorry for yourself! :anibad::P:):laughing::)

Sorry to hear about MC! CONGRATS on the Geocoin Fairy!!

I couldn't bad-mouth Pittsburgh....they were my heroes back when Bradshaw and the Steel Curtain dominated everyone!!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

I personally do the happy dance when the mailwoman comes and boy oh boy if a truck pulls up

<insult removed by moderator>

Not quite sure what was said here or even if was directed towards me since the top quote is mine. But whatever. Avroair as long as I make it to GCF in one piece I will happily do a lil jig.

PGH weather is looking nastier, stay warm. And if your feet are cold remember this cold feet warm heart. :laughing:

You really don't have to insult Pittsburgh to get the kind of treatment pgh is offering.

We headed up that way and Jim threw a heckuva party (GC16E4J), he fixed me more than one and we sure coulda used that opener coin Pete!!!

After reading this I have reconsidered my pick me up and will be dropping you a better one in the mail in the morning, let me know when it makes it through the rain, sleet, snow and everything else!!!

You really don't have to insult Pittsburgh to get the kind of treatment pgh is offering.

We headed up that way and Jim threw a heckuva party (GC16E4J), he fixed me more than one and we sure coulda used that opener coin Pete!!!

After reading this I have reconsidered my pick me up and will be dropping you a better one in the mail in the morning, let me know when it makes it through the rain, sleet, snow and everything else!!!

You are too kind of a man and I am glad to call you friend. Without GeoCoins we wouldn't have met, but now we can share laughs. I am curious to see what you have sent. Knowing you it will be special.

Hi Jim,

Hope that life, etc picks up for you soon. Especially the weather - the winter doldrums are not fun, especially when winter just keeps dragging its feet on and on... but hey - on a bright note - Saturday is the first day of spring. YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE .

So throw on a tee-shirt and some shorts, go rushing out side and run around the yard for a bit... you show mother nature who'se da boss!!!

And no matter what people say - it is what you know and what you believe in that counts!! ;)

I really, really hope that one day I might make it over to a GCF in the US of A, and just maybe it will be back in Pittsburgh and you can give me that tour too :laughing:. In the mean time - keep one cold for me please :P.

Cheers!

keewee

EDIT - to correct some silly spelling misteaks... twice!

Edited by keewee

Things have to get better because tomorrow night we have an ice skating event and sunday we have a snow tubing event. Should be plenty of coins and fun around. Plus I get to share some samples of the Bridge to Pittsburgh GeoCoin. You know the one bridging the last GCF event to this one. OOPs did I spill something there. :)

Ya know, I do not think you can beat ice skating in the snow. That has got to make falling

over a little better does'nt it? OOOOOH, and to get out tubing in the fresh snow!

And to be the one to get to share some coins is always a plus. I hope things are

looking up for you these snowy days! Sounds like they are heading that way. :)

Things have to get better because tomorrow night we have an ice skating event and sunday we have a snow tubing event. Should be plenty of coins and fun around. Plus I get to share some samples of the Bridge to Pittsburgh GeoCoin. You know the one bridging the last GCF event to this one. OOPs did I spill something there. :)

Could rural mail count be getting to you to? It is a lot of our carriers! I don't even carry and it's beginning to bother me. I'm counting at two offices.....a fairly large office close to my house until 11 and then a mad rush to my office where I count my 16 deliveries. I don't know about around Pgh but we just aren't seeing the mail that we usually do which is making everyone cranky. Don't blame them a bit and wish I could come up with the normal mail.

Terri

Some things in life are bad

They can really make you mad

Other things just make you swear and curse.

When you're chewing on life's gristle

Don't grumble, give a whistle

And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...always look on the bright side of life...

Always look on the light side of life...

:o Everyone can whistle right?

Nope, nobody in my family can whistle. :o

Man, Avroair, it always is refreshing to your poems :o !