Colorado and Rich Text

I can't find it in any of the topics.

Has anyone picked up the "Rich Text" issue with The Colorado? I can't see it in the "issues" list.

For instance.........

Here is a cache.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...f9-b4fbaa18a0e6

Here's what it looks like on the Colorado

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/0e5328...701261a952d.jpg

I've got a couple more like that!

I went to do a multi too (which required getting clues from A thru P) and it only showed me up to C!!!

I'm not a Colorado owner (yet)... but I noticed the lack of replies so far and thought I'd see what I can do to help.

I'm not clear as to what that has to do with Rich Text. It seems to me to have something to do with HTML's "bold" attribute.

Regarding the multi issue, I think you could probably clarify the problem. Not sure anyone understands what you're saying.

I can't find it in any of the topics.

Has anyone picked up the "Rich Text" issue with The Colorado? I can't see it in the "issues" list.

For instance.........

Here is a cache.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...f9-b4fbaa18a0e6

Here's what it looks like on the Colorado

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/0e5328...701261a952d.jpg

I've got a couple more like that!

I went to do a multi too (which required getting clues from A thru P) and it only showed me up to C!!!

Looks like an issue. If you can characterize exactly what the issue is a little better I'll add it to the Issues List.

GO$Rs

Could be the reference to the trebuchet font or the rainbow graphic. The rainbow graphic is a jpeg and its URL is copied to the GPX file -- not sure how the Colorado deals with this.

Try this cache (GCNA2W) and see how it looks -- it has a jpeg down towards the bottom of the page, but no alternate fonts.

I'm not a Colorado owner (yet)... but I noticed the lack of replies so far and thought I'd see what I can do to help.

I'm not clear as to what that has to do with Rich Text. It seems to me to have something to do with HTML's "bold" attribute.

I've seen web sites in Safari that look like that, I think it's an HTML (page formatting?) issue too.

In my browser it sometimes loses the overlap if the window is expanded, sometimes not.

Norm

Edited by RRLover

Could be the reference to the trebuchet font or the rainbow graphic. The rainbow graphic is a jpeg and its URL is copied to the GPX file -- not sure how the Colorado deals with this.

Try this cache (GCNA2W) and see how it looks -- it has a jpeg down towards the bottom of the page, but no alternate fonts.

Nup, that just shows the HTML formatting instead.....

121af67a-79c5-47d3-adae-1fd2814ca868.jpg

G-O-Cashers: I'll try and sum it up.

If you have a cache page which includes (it appears) Bold Text, the Colorado just jumbles all the text up and causes all the text to be overlaid. The best way to show you was to simply copy and paste the image in!

0e5328e6-c686-4cdb-b776-2701261a952d.jpg

I have also experienced this: Both the bold text 'gumming things up', as well as certain formatting / text that cause the Colorado to lock up 100% of the time when viewing the description - e.g. the following cache:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...8a-f21640c45230

I've no idea how much of the XHTML, CSS, etc actually make it all the way into the GPX file (haven't done the research) - but I know there's a series of caches from this hider, all with the same look and feel - and they all hang the Colorado, consistently. All the more reason to find them, and have them 'off my list'. ;-)

It's probably that the Garmin doesn't process HTML tables well and has nothing to do with bold text. I didn't use the word "correctly" because there is no correct way to parse HTML tables as text. Most HTML to text parsers will choose to separate each table cell with a newline, which is usually fairly readable.

Nup, that just shows the HTML formatting instead.....

121af67a-79c5-47d3-adae-1fd2814ca868.jpg

G-O-Cashers: I'll try and sum it up.

If you have a cache page which includes (it appears) Bold Text, the Colorado just jumbles all the text up and causes all the text to be overlaid. The best way to show you was to simply copy and paste the image in!

0e5328e6-c686-4cdb-b776-2701261a952d.jpg

How are you downloading the gpx file? I tried downloading this through Communicator on a PC and I don't see the overwrite issue, I just see a bunch of raw html.

GO$Rs

I have also experienced this: Both the bold text 'gumming things up', as well as certain formatting / text that cause the Colorado to lock up 100% of the time when viewing the description - e.g. the following cache:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...8a-f21640c45230

I've no idea how much of the XHTML, CSS, etc actually make it all the way into the GPX file (haven't done the research) - but I know there's a series of caches from this hider, all with the same look and feel - and they all hang the Colorado, consistently. All the more reason to find them, and have them 'off my list'. ;-)

SnoWake, how are you downloading this cache? Is it through a PQ, GSAK, communicator? I downloaded the cache directly from GC.com using communicator on a PC and although it doesn't look great (i.e. a bunch of raw html) it didn't hang my Colorado.

GO$Rs

How are you downloading the gpx file? I tried downloading this through Communicator on a PC and I don't see the overwrite issue, I just see a bunch of raw html.

GO$Rs

Eek. You're right. I guess I need to take GSAK out of the equation.....

I'll raise it on the GSAK board.

Cheers

Stu

It would be good to find out what the gpx file looks like coming out of GSAK and compare that to the untouched gpx file from communicator. I still would like to be able to use GSAK and not have to worry about the CO hanging on some caches. If you isolate the issue please post it here! The CO shouldn't hard hang no matter what you throw at it in a gpx file.

GO$Rs