Does your significant other......?

POCrow222

Give you grief when you find a cache and he or she is not with you. "But honey the cache popped up about a mile from work so while I was out I just grabbed it." :laughing:

I just wish I could get mine to show an interest. It's a constant battle with household chores that seem to "need" doing every time I want to go caching! :blink:

Edited by Fuchsiamagic

I do some of my geocaching by myself, but my wife goes with me when she can. On my days off, and the kids are in school, we go somewhere interesting, find some caches, and eat out at the nicest restaurant in the area. It makes for a great day together. I like it when my wife is with me because she has a whole different mind set on finding the caches. I can not tell you how many times I would have given up and left with a DNF, then she finds the cache.

Give you grief when you find a cache and he or she is not with you. "But honey the cache popped up about a mile from work so while I was out I just grabbed it." :blink:
I just wish I could get mine to show an interest. It's a constant battle with household chores that seem to "need" doing every time I want to go caching! :laughing:
Mine shows interest. She thinks that geocaching is an incredible waste of time and she's not shy about telling me so.

I usually call him and say that a new cache was listed, can we meet there. If he can't and I really want the FTF (not usually) I ask if he cares if I go it alone. He usually doesn't care. if he wants to do the cache, I'll wait. FTF's aren't that big of a deal. I really only like to try for them if the cache as placed by someone we know personally. He recently went back to a DNF and Found It without me, I don't care, 'we' found it.

No. :blink: He prefers going to events, and hike/adventure caches. Caching's just not a biggie to him, but he's open to going along, especially if the cache fulfills his interests.

I think the only time he was jealous of me was when I went to see the new Groundspeak HQ last summer without him. So I took him to visit it on our anniversary trip in December, to make him feel better. :huh::laughing: And, I think that the biggest reason that we were able to make it to the Meet & Greet Groundspeak & Garmin in Seattle, was because he wanted to see the new Colorado and the Wherigo demos. Well, that, and because he was hosting a Georafting event in the area the next day.

The only reason that he gets miffed that I have logged so many more caches than him (he's been to many more than he's logged online, but he doesn't want to do the work of logging at the computer), is because of his competitive streak, and because it would be ideal if we could do everything together. But Geocaching's not a lifestyle for him like it is for me.

Since I started with this activity on my own, my wife doesn't mind when I go it alone. She is not really the "outdoorsie" type, but is gradually changing into one as our little boy enjoys the outdoors more and more.

It is gradually becoming something that we do more and more together just in the short time since I started.

Edited by kraushad

My husband doesn't seem interested at all. Hopefully I can get him to go on some trips with us. My mom thought it was really neat when I told her about it. My daughter thinks it's awesome. So far, we haven't found any that aren't magnetic key boxes or altoids containers but there are a few bigger caches in the area. She wants to find some treasures! I can't wait for Spring.

Here we were yesterday at Out of Place on a quick trip. It was supposed to be in the 40s yesterday. The snow was a suprise. :laughing::blink: As you can see we went anyway.

outofplace.jpg

My wife does not care in fact about half the time I go caching is without her, she does like to go when she can but she does not get upset. I have found some neet places and taken her back to see them. She likes to go because it is something we can do together unlike golf which she can not or will not try or when I go fishing which she gets NO pleasure out of doing. We really like caching when visiting someplace because it takes to places we would never find otherwise.

If she is off and I go she will be there if she can not go she doesn't care if I go. :laughing:

My wife, 1fairygirl and I have never gone caching without each other. We started this sport as way to spend time together, get some needed exercise, and enjoy the outdoors. She has many more logged finds than me because I am terrible about logging. If it were not for 1fairygirl taking care of all the trackables, mine would surely go sideways. I could not imagine caching without her and would not really want to. Besides, her geosense is far better than mine. <_<

I do some of my geocaching by myself, but my wife goes with me when she can. On my days off, and the kids are in school, we go somewhere interesting, find some caches, and eat out at the nicest restaurant in the area. It makes for a great day together. I like it when my wife is with me because she has a whole different mind set on finding the caches. I can not tell you how many times I would have given up and left with a DNF, then she finds the cache.

Yes many a times I have thrown in the towel and given up then BOOM! She finds it. She has a lot more patience than I do. In all fairness to my wife she doesn't really give me grief but more of a busting my chops.

I love it when my husband comes hunting with me as if I can't find it them sometimes he can.

Most of the time I want to go and hes like its not a priority we have other things we should be doing, so noone goes. Most of the time hes right sometimes I think he should be more flexable and grab that ftf or even that 211th to find.

We did a two hour drive both ways to attend the races (we have a share in a race horse) and didn't get a single cache, drove past them, was within 1 mile of one while at the track, not one single cache in an area cache rich area which we had not visited before.