Hello from Iraq-istan!

Hello to all who know me! I've just started a couple of months over here, so thought I'd let you all know that all is well. I don't have access to IRC so the forum is the only way I can let you know I'm alright!

I'll keep you all posted with the weather;

STEVE'S WEATHER WATCH - Today: SANDSTORMS

And that's about all I can talk about over the highly secure communications medium we call 'the internet'!

I hope to get a couple of caches in while I'm here - we'll see how that pans out!

Take care all, will hopefully see some of you at an event over the summer :laughing: .

Ratty x

Hello again..!

Unfortunately, no super duper high-tec GPS equipment for me, but I have a nice new GPSMap 60CSX to play with, so not too fussed about that!

Weather picked up a bit today, not too sunny, but you can walk around with your eyes open at least!

If you wanna do e-blueys Liane, please feel free - it's always nice to get something in the post! You'll need to go to https://www.ebluey.com and set up an account if you don't have one (it's free!). I'd rather not post my address here, but if you want it, email me at steven.radcliffe@onetel.com. Please don't all post at once though, if you can remember that little rule we have here Liane..? It may cost me a slab of beer!

Hope you're enjoying the cold miserable UK weather... talk to you all soon!

Ratty x

Oh yes... fully familiar with the "beer rule". Remember LAST time.... :laughing:

Yes thank you Ian, I do remember last time! I was bombarded with eblueys, and did indeed have to buy the beers! It was, however, overwhelming to receive mail from so many people wishing me well while deployed. Thanks to everyone who took the time to write.

If you do want to say hello this time, I've put my address on my profile page here. It's down the bottom on the left.

A BIG thanks to everyone for their support!

I hope everyone is well, bye for now...

Ratty x

Just a wee word from here - ALL IS GROOOOOOOVY! (that's groovy, not gravy, 'cos that would be weird!).

Steve's Baghdad Weather Watch: DUSTY and SUNNY Temp: Mid 30s

UPDATE: I may be coming home a few weeks early... bonus!

I hope all is well back in Blighty. Oh, and congrats to the serial-geek they call Liane (of jungle goddess / cache hopper fame - my oldest caching buddy / mum). I missed your 1000 completely, so congrats for that -cough-geek-!

Laters,

Ratty

Hello all! This is my last shift at work before I come home, so I'm wasting as much time as possible on the internet as possible!

I would like to say a HUGE thank you to everyone to offered their support while based here in Iraq. It is really great to know that I have so many friends in the geocaching community who will get behind our troops, and also many people I have never met who have wished me luck on this tour.

I also want to say a big thank you to Ian from ukgeocachers.co.uk. Today I received a package containing a an LED torch, two coins, a pin badge and a badge. It put a huge smile on my face, and while I'm not able to cache again before I go home, I'll certainly be setting them loose when I get home next week. Cheers Ian... I shall buy you a beer or two sometime!

I'm hoping to make it over from NI to a camping event this year (not sure which one yet) so I'm really looking forward to catching up with you all soon.

Again, thanks to all of you... true friends.

Ratty ;)

Hello all! This is my last shift at work before I come home, so I'm wasting as much time as possible on the internet as possible!

I would like to say a HUGE thank you to everyone to offered their support while based here in Iraq. It is really great to know that I have so many friends in the geocaching community who will get behind our troops, and also many people I have never met who have wished me luck on this tour.

I also want to say a big thank you to Ian from ukgeocachers.co.uk. Today I received a package containing a an LED torch, two coins, a pin badge and a badge. It put a huge smile on my face, and while I'm not able to cache again before I go home, I'll certainly be setting them loose when I get home next week. Cheers Ian... I shall buy you a beer or two sometime!

I'm hoping to make it over from NI to a camping event this year (not sure which one yet) so I'm really looking forward to catching up with you all soon.

Again, thanks to all of you... true friends.

Ratty ;)

Nice to know the package got there safely Ratty - did someone say beers ;)

Keep your head down and your chin up.

Ian