DIpping overseas

bdejong

I took a travel bug that I found in the US with on an overseas trip. I did manage to find time to hunt a few local caches down but from the logs they are not visited that often.

I dont want to drop the bug here since I fear it will not move as quickly as if it is brought back to the states, but I do want to show that it was over here and I took pictures of its journey to share with the owner.

I want to just dip it here and bring it back to the US. I have read that this is ok practice but want to verify that fact and get opinions about it while I am still here.

I also have another tip in a few weeks, would it be wrong to take it back to the US and bring it on another trip just to take it back to the US fom a final drop in a local cache.

I will find a cache in each location. I do think it would be wrong to just log it into a cache without finding the cache.

The bug does have to actually visit the cache before it can be logged into it, otherwise it's considered virtual logging.

As long as you are following the mission/goal of the bug Dipping it through caches on your trips is perfectly acceptable. If the bug made the trip it should get credit for it.

Since you will be holding on to it for a while you should contact the owner and let them know the situation. Their opinion on how their bug should be handled matters more than yours or mine.

I deployed not too long ago. While still home I picked up as many TBs and coins in the area that I could find that had missions ending either overseas or were wanting to go to different places. I will of course drop all of them into a cache in each port we hit. I will leave some in different places but I am sure some of them will be making the trip home with me too. I contacted the owners before I left and got the okay to take them with me so all good. Should make for some interesting entries, as long as they are willing to wait six months for the pictures! I have no way of posting them out here.