Hypothetical Question:

Lacomo

Hypothetical question. What if you set up a cache and go all the way and click on "Report New Listing" and have not checked "this listing is active" then change your mind about submitting it? Can you delete all traces of this cache or will there always be a record of it on the geocaching website?

I guess it could be for any reason but just say:

Property owner changed their mind about granting permission.

Hypothetical question. What if you set up a cache and go all the way and click on "Report New Listing" and have not checked "this listing is active" then change your mind about submitting it? Can you delete all traces of this cache or will there always be a record of it on the geocaching website?

I guess it could be for any reason but just say:

Property owner changed their mind about granting permission.

If you haven't checked the active box, it will not go to the reviewer. You can't delete it, but you can "recycle" the listing page by editing all of the information and using it for your next hide. Your other option would be to archive the page. I think the better choice is reusing the page.

I agree with FamilyDNA -- it's better to keep the page around and use it for your next cache placement (even if it's not for months or even years), rather than to just archive it before it was ever even listed.

You can also keep it around to use as your private cache-page "sandbox", to test out new cache ideas to see how they'll work before you decide to actual make them public. Or you could use it as a temporary storage place for your own personal geocoins or TBs that you don't wish to circulate but don't want cluttering up your inventory.