Musketeer Geocoin

avroair

Same coin as before but in copper? Will there be a new icon?

edited for: This is one of my Favorite Coins!

I am not sure if the icon can be updated. These are for all you copper lovers out there! :P

You could create a different icon. Assign these tracking numbers to it and pay the $150. Just a thought.

It would be $750 for a new icon since each color would need a new line item. There are still a few left.

Available: HERE

Got 3 of these coins in GeoSwag stockings... one is the red, in antique silver (?), red stone, red ring with the writing, red shields etc. Came in the pouch. Tracking on edge.

The other two didn't have pouches, and were shiny silver with a red stone. They

1- do not appear to be trackable.

2- on one side (stone side) have a red ring with green fluer d lis, other side while opposite side is green ring with red shield.

Didn't notice anything in thread referring to either of these options so was curious to get the scoop on 'em andsee how many others were out there ...

Edited by rickctroop13

Got 3 of these coins in GeoSwag stockings... one is the red, in antique silver (?), red stone, red ring with the writing, red shields etc. Came in the pouch. Tracking on edge.

2- on one side (stone side) have a red ring with green fluer d lis, other side while opposite side is green ring with red shield.

Didn't notice anything in thread referring to either of these options so was curious to get the scoop on 'em andsee how many others were out there ...

The red/green one is the Holiday 4 Musketeer version.

The red/green one is the Holiday 4 Musketeer version.

Thanks- didn't see anything here or on GeoSwag about it.

I got a trackable version of this coin for Christmas, but can not find the code on the coin anywhere, so I can not activate it - where is the code?

The code is engraved on the outside edge of the coin.

Thanks for the info - but I am afraid that it is not there (that I can see). I have what I understand to be the Holiday Edition of the coin (Red ring, Green center w. red jewel on one side, and Green ring and Red center on the other side.) The edge (side) of the coin is smooth, and on both faces there is nothing in the silver area between the colored ring and the outside edge.

The coin is supposed to be trackable, I am beginning to wonder if there is a manufacturing defect/omissioin.

CacheCredit

I got a trackable version of this coin for Christmas, but can not find the code on the coin anywhere, so I can not activate it - where is the code?

Thanks for the info - but I am afraid that it is not there (that I can see). I have what I understand to be the Holiday Edition of the coin (Red ring, Green center w. red jewel on one side, and Green ring and Red center on the other side.) The edge (side) of the coin is smooth, and on both faces there is nothing in the silver area between the colored ring and the outside edge.

The coin is supposed to be trackable, I am beginning to wonder if there is a manufacturing defect/omissioin.

CacheCredit

I thought the same thing but after looking on ebay at Avroair's auction of them they are non-trackable :rolleyes:

CacheCredit

Correct, the Christmas Red/Green Musketeers is a non-trackable geocoin

The other two didn't have pouches, and were shiny silver with a red stone.

They do not appear to be trackable.

The holiday musketeer is NOT trackable. They were not sold to the general public, but given away as extra gifts in the holiday stockings or thrown in with orders from www.geoswag.com

Happy Holidays! :rolleyes:

Now Available

German and Meridian Musketeers

The Thirty Years' War (1618–1648) was one of the most destructive conflicts in European history. The war was fought primarily in Germany and at various points involved most of the countries of Europe. The German Musketeer wore boot-hose and their fighting finally led to Treaty of Munster where fighting ceased. The skirmishers along the borders were sometimes referred to as Meridian musketeers.

Group geocaching is a great, social way to cache. The Four Musketeers coin signifies loyalty among cachers and promotes: Porthos: Strength to carry on, Athos: Never give up the hunt and Aramis: Think before you search. Available at www.geoswag.com. The coin features a musketeer's fleur-de-lis coat of arms on the front and four royal insignias, four rapiers and a shield on the back.

Edited by avroair

I have received a few emails about the versions of musketeers, here's a list:

Available April 2nd, 2008:

Royalist blue - antique silver, LE antique gold

Cardinal red - antique silver, LE antique gold

Cavalier green - antique silver, LE antique gold

In the thread I got the LE wrong, I said AS wouldn't be reminted, I meant AG (FYI). Initially, I was going to make the AG the regular edition and the AS the LE, but changed my mind before minting.

Available April 26, 2008:

Imperialist purple - antique silver, LE antique gold

Assassin's Creed black - antique silver, LE antique gold

Available September 30, 2008:

Royalist blue - antique copper

Cardinal red - antique copper

Cavalier green - antique copper

Imperialist purple - antique copper

Assassin's Creed black- antique copper

Available October 10th 2008:

Steeler Musketeer, black and shiny gold, non-trackable

Marine Musketeer, aqua, antique silver

December 2008:

Holiday Musketeer, red and green, nickel, non-trackable

August 2009:

British Musketeer (Avroair Edition), red and blue, nickel

November 2009:

German Musketeer red gem, yellow and black antique silver, LE antique gold

Meridian Musketeer, orange and green, shiny gold, LE nickel

Marine Assassin, aqua and black, antique silver

Oregonian Musketeer, yellow and green, black nickel

March 2010:

Mega Musketeer (GCF and GW8)

Edit to add bold and clear up spelling errors.

Edited by avroair