Congratulations!

HazelS

Well done to Mongoose39uk (Mongers) Wicker (Jason) and PKLong (Philip) for beating the record most caches done on foot in a day!! :P

The intrepid Trio notched up a VERY impressive 37 caches along 3 sets of series and bagging a few more along the way!! :blink::sad:

I also believe that Monger's little Jack Russell, Charlie, completed the record too. (Sorry for forgetting Charlie Starfish!!)

Congratulations, now get your feet into buckets of water!!!

:unsure:

Edited by HazelS

congrats to mongers and co for the brief record, and to esscafe et al for taking it odd them! I have to say, if we knew this record had such a low bar (relatively) we'd have gone for it ourselves - 35 on foot last wednesday - WTF series... oh well!

Can i suggest that the most FTFs record i updated a bit. Its currently with Cats Eyes on 20 or so - Tjapukai has over 250 FTFs, and it goes up about 1 per week! I can't see the record being broken for a while...

Also, can I suggest an additional record? Consecutive days caching... Garyhoney is on a current streak of over 320 consecutive days caching, which I think is pretty impressive!

Cheers!

Dave

Dave you can suggest :laughing:

Cats Eyes FTF's are in one go in a day.

As for consecutive days. I have said it before, when they finish lol

Cheers

tony

sorry tony! I think i should keep my suggestions to myself! doh!

I did wonder if it was one day - wasn't certain though. As for Gary's record, thats fair enough - although it seems he might never stop!

I'll go back to my beer and curry!

congrats to mongers and co for the brief record, and to esscafe et al for taking it odd them! I have to say, if we knew this record had such a low bar (relatively) we'd have gone for it ourselves - 35 on foot last wednesday - WTF series... oh well!

Can i suggest that the most FTFs record i updated a bit. Its currently with Cats Eyes on 20 or so - Tjapukai has over 250 FTFs, and it goes up about 1 per week! I can't see the record being broken for a while...

Also, can I suggest an additional record? Consecutive days caching... Garyhoney is on a current streak of over 320 consecutive days caching, which I think is pretty impressive!

Cheers!

Dave

Philpamandrob did their 300th FTF this weekend!!!!

Cheers!

Dave

Our most genuine FTF's stand at 528 +91 found on day of publication.Can you update the most FTF's Tony to most FTF's in 24 hours, but if people read the table correctly they would work that one out.We broke our own record on the Otmoor ring back in January with 26 FTF's.Our old record was 22. :laughing:

cheers Jinny

Cheers!

Dave

Edited by cats-eyes

snip

Our most genuine FTF's stand at 528 +91 found on day of publication.Can you update the most FTF's Tony to most FTF's in 24 hours, but if people read the table correctly they would work that one out.We broke our own record on the Otmoor ring back in January with 26 FTF's.Our old record was 22. :laughing:

cheers Jinny

It's in the 24 hour section already, really do not think I need to make it any clearer.

snip

Our most genuine FTF's stand at 528 +91 found on day of publication.Can you update the most FTF's Tony to most FTF's in 24 hours, but if people read the table correctly they would work that one out.We broke our own record on the Otmoor ring back in January with 26 FTF's.Our old record was 22. :)

cheers Jinny

It's in the 24 hour section already, really do not think I need to make it any clearer.

Edited by cats-eyes

I quite agree Tony, it's plain to see what the record is.

BTW is there a record for the most First to Finds?

I don't know... good question....

Philpamandrob did their 300th ftf (ftf as in, "I was 1st to sign the logbook") 2 weeks ago....

I know there are FTF hounds with more though, I'm sure!

There should be a FTF record as it would be one of the more impressive records. Also it is to the advantage of the 'old school' cachers- they are at a disadvantage with fastest 0-1,000 etc as there are more caches around now than in the past, so it would be good if this could help stop newbies stop cleaning up all the records. Sure there could be verification problems, but I think no one would cheat and anyway you could cheat on other records if you really wanted to- infact I think this would be one of the harder records to cheat on.

Cats Eyes...

Are you claiming genuine FTFs or "I was there on the 1st day it was found" which is "deflowering virgin caches according to G:UK??

There is a difference... lol

We have been FTF to 528 caches (1st to sign log book) and also an extra 91 found on the 1st day they were published as some cachers log FTF'S WHEN THEY FOUND THE CACHE ON THE DAY OF PUBLICATION.

snip

Our most genuine FTF's stand at 528 +91 found on day of publication.Can you update the most FTF's Tony to most FTF's in 24 hours, but if people read the table correctly they would work that one out.We broke our own record on the Otmoor ring back in January with 26 FTF's.Our old record was 22. :)

cheers Jinny

yeah yeah, i missed that bit...no need to rub it in! ;):)

Well done cats-eyes... that is truely professional!!

I thought only philpamandrob were mad enough to get up at 4am every weekend to clear FTF's 25 miles within home. He once said to me...

"I was on my way to work and I called into Chorley for an FTF...."

Bear in mind the bloke lives in Wirral, works in Liverpool, and Chorley is just over 50 miles away!!!