60CSX power button

My 60CSX is about 18 months old. For the past 6-8 months I have to push the power button repeatedly to get it to power up and to turn off. I e-mailed Garmin about it and the tech told me to upgrade the firmware/software. That did nothing to help the issue. Has anyone else experienced this problem and is there a fix other than replacing the unit entirely?

My 60CSX is about 18 months old. For the past 6-8 months I have to push the power button repeatedly to get it to power up and to turn off. I e-mailed Garmin about it and the tech told me to upgrade the firmware/software. That did nothing to help the issue. Has anyone else experienced this problem and is there a fix other than replacing the unit entirely?

No issue here. BUt I do tend to hold the buttton down until the screen boots. A short push doesn't do much.. Never heard of the 60 haven't this as an issue?

Im aware of the proper amount of time needed to power up or down. I feel as if the unit is defective and was wondering if anyone else had experienced this problem.

I had the exact problem with my 60cs. Guess I just wore it out . If the Garmin was left on the dash and got warm it seemed harder to turn on or off. Never had it fixed...eventually lost it and now have a 60csx