Bug: Zone OnZoneState not firing?

twolpert

In an attempt to figure out what the zone state change event signified, I attached script to it. In the emulator, I cannot get this event to fire. (Didn't try it outside.)

I moved the player into and out of the zone. In the debugger, I watched the zonexxx.State change from NotInRange to Distant to Proximity to Inside and back again -- just as you would expect. However, the State change event never fired. I attached similar code to the OnProximity event just to make sure it wasn't something stupid like failing to publish the revised cartridge :D . The OnProximity event, with virtually identical script, worked fine.

So I figured I was off-base with regard to what the event meant. I tried changing the zone's Visible and Active properties from the debugger, thinking that "state" might refer to them (especially since messages get logged when these properties change). Still no luck. The OnZoneState event never fired.

The builder did emit the OnZoneState script as shown in this snippet (along with the working code for the proximity event):

function zoneHennessey:OnZoneState()

-- #GroupDescription=HennesseyStateChg --

-- #Comment=HennesseyStateChg Comment --

Wherigo.MessageBox{Text=[[Hennessey zone state changed]],}

HenStateChg = HenStateChg + 1

end

function zoneHennessey:OnProximity()

-- #GroupDescription=HenProx --

-- #Comment=HenProx Comment --

Wherigo.MessageBox{Text=[[in proximity to Hennessey]],}

HenProx = HenProx + 1

end

SO -- Is this a bug? Either way, under what circumstance is the event supposed to fire?