Colorado Series 2008/Wherigo.com Geocoin

Greenback

I attended the Meet & Greet Groundspeak & Garmin event in Chicago and received a 'Colorado Series 2008/Wherigo.com' geocoin at the event. I paid $20 just to park my car and attend the event so I figure I should auction the coin on ebay in order to recover some of that cost. But I'm wondering if it's considered inappropriate to sell a coin handed out at the event.

I'd appreciate hearing any thoughts or personal experiences you could share.

The following image is from a garmin log, the actual coin I received is in the original wrapping.

<removed image with tracking number on it - no worries, the folks in here know what the coin looks like: FSM>

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

I attended the Meet & Greet Groundspeak & Garmin event in Chicago and received a 'Colorado Series 2008/Wherigo.com' geocoin at the event. I paid $20 just to park my car and attend the event so I figure I should auction the coin on ebay in order to recover some of that cost. But I'm wondering if it's considered inappropriate to sell a coin handed out at the event ...

Cover your parking? For THAT event and the next ten! LOL They are right, you can be highly mercenary with this one! Ebay will likely get you the most money, but you might be able to score something really good in a trade, too. I'll be watching eBay! LOL

My take on it is that you have four choices: you can auction the coin on ebay, you can trade it, you can give it away, or you can keep it.

Your returns:

Ebay: lots of money

Trade: not so much money and at least one coin

Give away: a warm fuzzy feeling

Keep: a 2008 Colorado/Gerigo.com geocoin

If you're not a coin 'ho, then I'd consider ebay or a trade. If you really need (or even want) the money, then ebay it for sure. If you don't need the money, why not consider giving it away to some deserving individual in these forums who might not be able to afford it through ebay. I'd be happy to make a suggestion or two. (No, I'm not on my own list!)