watch someone else's bookmarks?

paleolith

Is it possible to "watch" someone else's public bookmark list? Seems like a waste to completely recreate a bookmark list just because I'd like to get notifications on it, but I looked at a couple of public lists and didn't see any way I could watch them.

A case in point is my GC18DXW Santa Monica Mtns History Adventure. I can watch the bookmark list on which it's based, but AFAIK others cannot do so without duplicating that list. Of course, does anyone want to? Perhaps I just have an inflated opinion of my own cache and bookmark list. But I've seen public bookmark lists which I might well want to watch, at least for a while.

And while I'm on the topic, what's the difference between shared and public bookmark lists? It's clear as mud from the web site, and very hard to test without setting up a sock puppet account so I can see what my bookmark lists look like to other users.

Edward

Private bookmark list: Can only be viewed by the list owner, is only seen by the list owner on cache pages included in the bookmark list, and does not appear on the owner's profile tab for bookmark lists.

Shared bookmark list: Can be viewed by anyone who receives a link to the list, is only seen by the list owner on cache pages included in the bookmark list, and does not appear on the owner's profile tab for bookmark lists.

Public bookmark list: Can be viewed by anyone, a link to the list is seen by everyone in the public bookmarks section of the cache pages included in the bookmark list, and the list appears on the owner's profile tab for bookmark lists.

Edited by Keystone

Thanks, Keystone. Pretty much what I guessed, the part I could not guess being that shared lists do not appear on the owner's profile. That part could reasonably have gone either way.

I suppose the deafening silence means there's no easy way to watch someone else's public bookmark list?

Edward

The easiest work around for this is to create a pocket query on the bookmark. Don't schedule it to run. Then when you want to see if anyone has logged it you can preview it. This will tell you when the caches are found. It isn't perfect because you will miss notes and dnfs but it's a start.

Team Taran