cameras in caches

I never put cameras in my caches but oddly enough people have put their cameras in my caches. Once in a while I get a log telling me the camera is full. What camera? I've yet to retrieve one and print the photos.

When I find a camera in a cache I'll snap a photo of myself, assuming that is what the owner wanted.

I've seen some owners who have developed the photos and posted them on the cache page. You usually see smiling, happy cachers in the pics.

Edited by briansnat

I put a camera in GCQFAC prior to having our first event. It is at one of my favorite mountain top places. At the event I met Jerry "bikedog" Gradisher. He was so full of life and energy, his smile was infectious! He told me of finding my caches and of some of his other grand adventures. "THIS is a man that loves EVERYTHING outdoors!"...I thought to myself. Sadly, Jerry was killed in an accident just a few months later.

Imagine my surprise when I had that film developed and saw a picture of "bikedog". :D It's a treasure, indeed!

I remember seeing cameras in 2 caches that I found, and this thread just prompted me to go look at them. GCQPKQ was one, and hey! cass-12.jpg on the cache page is me and the misses! The other one has pics but none of me. Never put one in a cache of mine, but I do like the idea of it.

We plan on releasing a few cameras.

I was told (but have not yet verified) that Walmart can develop the film and put the photos onto CD without actually printing them to paper. They said it would only cost for the CD which at the time was less than $2. That would save having to scan them into the PC. It also makes it a little more affordable...

We plan on releasing a few cameras.

I was told (but have not yet verified) that Walmart can develop the film and put the photos onto CD without actually printing them to paper. They said it would only cost for the CD which at the time was less than $2. That would save having to scan them into the PC. It also makes it a little more affordable...

Exactly! I took the disposable camera to CVS and just asked for a CD. I didn't want prints or negs, just the CD. It was only a few bucks.