2008 Kansas Sunshine Geocoins - Taking Reservations NOW

larry739

The 2008 Kansas Sunshine Geocoin is on its way, thanks to the suggestions from some of you.

2008KansasSunshine.JPG

Measurements are: 1" diameter 3/16" thick.

It will come in:

700 antique silver

200 antique gold

100 black nickel - trades only

The antique silver coins will be sold in 5 packs or 10 packs.

10 packs will include a gold coin as one of the 10. This is the only way to get the gold one.

Pricing will be:

5 pack $34.50 postage paid anywhere in the world

10 pack $57.50 postage paid anywhere in the world

Let me know if you are in. Reservations will be taken until the equivalent of 50 ten packs are sold. The intent is to activate and release all the rest into the wild. I want to continue to spread Kansas Sunshine around the world. Over 1000 of the 2006 and 2007 Kansas Sunshines are out in the wild right now. It may very well be the most abundant geocoin in circulation in the world.

For the collectors and special people I know and love the black nickel version will be available. The intent is to gift and trade these with other geocachers and geocoin collectors.

In addition to all of this, activated geocoins will be sent out with most of the orders to be released by you into a geocache. These will be all kinds of geocoins, not just Kansas Sunshines. Let's all do our part to bring some sunshine into geocaching by setting geocoins free.

My email is larry739@sbcglobal.net if you are interested in getting involved in any of this and want to reserve some Kansas Sunshine :blink: .

Edited by larry739

The 2008 Kansas Sunshine Geocoin is on its way, thanks to the suggestions from some of you.

2008KansasSunshine.JPG

It will come in:

700 antique silver

200 antique gold

100 black nickel - trades only

The antique silver coins will be sold in 5 packs or 10 packs.

10 packs will include a gold coin as one of the 10. This is the only way to get the gold one.

Pricing will be:

5 pack $34.50 postage paid

10 pack $57.50 postage paid

Let me know if you are in. Reservations will be taken until the equivalent of 50 ten packs are sold. The intent is to activate and release all the rest into the wild. I want to continue to spread Kansas Sunshine around the world. Over 1000 of the 2006 and 2007 Kansas Sunshines are out in the wild right now. It may very well be the most abundant geocoin in circulation in the world.

For the collectors and special people I know and love the black nickel version will be available. The intent is to gift and trade these with other geocachers and geocoin collectors.

In addition to all of this, activated geocoins will be sent out with most of the orders to be released by you into a geocache. These will be all kinds of geocoins, not just Kansas Sunshines. Let's all do our part to bring some sunshine into geocaching by setting geocoins free.

My email is larry739@sbcglobal.net if you are interested in getting involved in any of this and want to reserve some Kansas Sunshine :blink: .

2008kssunshinefrt.jpg Another image. Shows the RUBY RED SLIPPERS appearance of the center.

What are the measurements and the price includes shipping, right?

Thanks.

Thanks for the question.

These are micro geocoins that will fit into most micros like 35mm and keyholders. They measure 1" diameter and are 3/16" thick.

The price DOES include all shipping anywhere in the world! :blink:

Edited by larry739

Are you saving some of these to bring to MOGA with you? (some BN ones too, I hope...)

BTW, your picture still is not showing up however, I think your icon is the coin, correct?

CF30

The way they are going it is hard to say. MOGA is a long ways away. I will try to hold back some for trade and of course there will be lots of them activated to go into caches at MOGA> It will be nice to see you and everyone else there.

I guess there's no chance of individual coin sales, then? Gotta get them in a set?

Naomi

There will be many who buy the ten packs who will be glad to trade or sell you one. I am doing it this way to get them out and about quickly and efficiently. The whole effort is designed to maximize the number of ACTIVATED coins in the wild.

I would like to have a 10 pack, email sent

When will they be shipped?

I expect they will be here in a couple of weeks. I will email you and everyone else to invoice when I actually have the coins in hand. Reservations are really going well and I have not done anything except post it here first. You guys are great. Hope this will get some more Kansas Sunshine spread around the world.

sunshines.JPG

Thanks to everyone who reserved the Kansas Sunshine geocoins. They are all reserved now. The coins should be here soon and then I will send out invoices to those who reserved coins. If anyone backs out I will open up sales again. Thanks to all for you support. You are the greatest.

kssun3.JPG

Purty, purty, purty! :huh:

Larry, which finish is the one we will be getting? And what's the possibility of getting me grubby paws of on of each of the other two finishes? :huh:

Save the shipping for mine. I'll pick them up at MOGA. B)

CF30

The 5 packs are antique silver.

The 10 packs include 1 antique gold.

The BN are for trades for coins I do not already have.

Of course I will have a few of all these at MOGA and you know I like to trade.

I already mailed yours so you will see them in a couple of days. They look even better in person. Very sparkly. I have already activated some. I named them Dorothy, Toto, Scarecrow, Cowardly Lion and Tin Man. They will go into caches tomorrow. Toto is gold. Maybe they will make their way across the state to you some day. You never know.