Film/TV locations?

minsterley

Well thanks very much :blink:

There's two more Wicker Man locations I have caches at, on Skye and at Plockton. Close by I have one at 'Highlanders Home', Eilean Donan castle (also used for Bond 19). For Scottish film locations I can recommend www.scotlandthemovie.com. There's lots of caches at film locations up there, including Doune Castle (Monty Python and the Holy Grail) and one called Rum & Egg (GCPNZJ) which is on the beach from Local Hero and the stag sequence in Highlander.

Further south I've 'The Meaning of Life' at a cottage featured in the Monty Python film of the same name. I'm sure there are lots of others, but off the top of my head... Oh, I've Portmeirion View across the estuary from The Prisoner's Village. I'd like to see more caches set at classic (and recognisable!) film/tv locations

Edited by Simply Paul

The excellent Blackness Bank (GC106YE) by Firth of Forth is at Blackness castle which was used as a location for Mel Gibsons film Hamlet.

Also Bangour Village was used in the file The Jacket (Keira Knightly, Adrien Brody), well the morgue in the hospital was. There is a multi-cache in the grounds, GCWP94 - Football Fever (its not just cricket) by Ibrahim.team

Then there are the central Edinburgh caches, the Royal Mile and old town have been used in loads of films/TV (Shallow Grave, Trainspotting, Rebus, Most Haunted, etc etc). :blink:

Edited by JackieC

Try BRASSED OFF - GCKXMW

It's called Brassed Off because if you start your walk at the pub by the bridge you will (if you have seen it) recognize several areas that featured in the film "Brassed off" (Pete Postlethwaite, Ewan Mcregor and Tara Fitzgerald). The colliery band where supposed to be playing the Saddleworth band contests.

There are also Midsomer Murder Meander and Brill Windmill. Many other caches in the area visit other locations used in Midsomer Murders.

And of course a tour of Oxford will take you to almost every location used in Morse.

Most of the Morse suburban scenes were shot in Ealing as they were close to the studio.

However wherever you walk in Oxford is featured in one movie or another, or tv come to think of it.

If you do my wool trade Snowshill caches you will pass the church that was used in Bridget jones diary.

I thought Bridget Jones was filmed in Shere - which would be a great place for a cache as it is used in loads of films I believe. I visited pre-geocaching so have no idea if any are there already. They were filming on that day - snow everywhere in the middle of the summer. :anibad:

If you do my wool trade Snowshill caches you will pass the church that was used in Bridget jones diary.

I thought Bridget Jones was filmed in Shere - which would be a great place for a cache as it is used in loads of films I believe. I visited pre-geocaching so have no idea if any are there already. They were filming on that day - snow everywhere in the middle of the summer. :anibad:

I take it back.

:D