Missing libraries

ISIS 1402

Hi !

Today I downloaded and installed the most recent Wherigo player for pocket pc.

Installation went fine, at least I got no error messages. However, when I want to start the application I get the message

Cannot find 'Player' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and the filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available.

I have a Medion MD96310(PNA E3210) running Windows CE5 with SIRF3 GPS and a Samsung 400MHz CPU,

see here for some pictures and a (German) technical page of the device:

http://www.geo24.de/article/view_525/4.3.14.html

Also, I have the TCPMP media player running on the device:

http://tcpmp.softonic.de/pocket

Although I installed Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 2.0 Redistributable Package several months ago, something still seems to be missing or wrong (see error message above).

Is there any particular reason why the Wherigo player cannot run on my system ?

Do I need any other library and if so, which one is it ?

Regards,

ISIS

Hi !

Today I downloaded and installed the most recent Wherigo player for pocket pc.

Installation went fine, at least I got no error messages. However, when I want to start the application I get the message

Cannot find 'Player' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and the filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available.

I have a Medion MD96310(PNA E3210) running Windows CE5 with SIRF3 GPS and a Samsung 400MHz CPU,

see here for some pictures and a (German) technical page of the device:

http://www.geo24.de/article/view_525/4.3.14.html

Also, I have the TCPMP media player running on the device:

http://tcpmp.softonic.de/pocket

Although I installed Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 2.0 Redistributable Package several months ago, something still seems to be missing or wrong (see error message above).

Is there any particular reason why the Wherigo player cannot run on my system ?

Do I need any other library and if so, which one is it ?

Regards,

ISIS

Did you click on the Wherigo player icon? Instead, try going into the file explorer and navigate to Program Files\Groundspeak\Player. First, if you don't have that, then the player application didn't install correctly to the device. If you do have that, then, within that folder will be Player.exe. Click on that to see if it will load.

David.

Did you click on the Wherigo player icon? Instead, try going into the file explorer and navigate to Program Files\Groundspeak\Player. First, if you don't have that, then the player application didn't install correctly to the device. If you do have that, then, within that folder will be Player.exe. Click on that to see if it will load.

David.

Hi David,

actually I did click on the player.exe in Explorer (also the title bar of the error mesage says "player.exe"). I am not familiar to debugging such "framework" applications on a pna, but on my desktop pc in winXP or linux I would guess a library is missing.

Now, having said that, it seems I dont have much disk space left, maybe the installer ran out of space and didnt notice it. I'll get some space and try again. By the way, I chose a different installation directory(My Flash Disk\programs) than the default (Program Files), but I only got an empty Wherigo directory there. The application itself has been installed in the default folder under Program Files\Groundspeek\... Is this behaviour desired ?

ISIS

Now there is still several megabytes left even after installation finishes. When I start the player, I still get the above "something is missing" error message. So it had nothing to do with disk space.

I remember there are different versions of CE5.0 for mobile devices and I have the very basic ("light") one without windows media player and other "add-ons", since my device is supposed to work as a navigation assistant only and the manufacturer saved 5$ this way. As I wrote earlier, I managed to get TCPMP player running anyway, so I believe that there is no principle restriction in this version.

What are the requirements for the Wherigo player ? Any other ideas or suggestions how to find out what's missing ?

There's an application floating around called "executablitycheck" that will execute the application and give you the exact name of the missing libraries. Much better than blind debugging for dlls.

Mine gave me the error "player.exe doesn't match the cpu". I have a mio 310, which generally uses ARM applications. Is there a version compiled for ARM processors?