Geocaching on Colorado 300

Off the Edge

First of all I am happy with this firmware upgrade. The street labels were a big bone of contention for me coming from a Vista C. The field notes are great! Now that they are there and the Paperless geocaching has been improved, I want to make some comments and hope others to add. Maybe time for a new/revised Colorado ISSUES and WISH LIST.

GEOCACHING-

-with just loading GPX files, icons seem to be appearing on map in GEOCACHING mode. However, the icon changes to an OPEN cache for any log entry made (ie not found or maintenance reqd)

-if you select compass or map mode other than Geocache view, you cannot select description/logs/hint unless you go back to geocaching icon and reselect the cache.

-it would be nice if you could enter some notes with the find (TB found, etc) that would go into Filed Notes.

Other

-it would be nice if when looking at waypoints as a list in the goto or waypoint management page if the icon for the type of waypoint would appear beside the name.

-Not sure how to adjust or change BEEPS for autoroute turning?

These are a little picky....but seeing as how garmin did make some changes in a fairly short time, they might as well keep making a good prodect better!

Ideas?

Geoff

-if you select compass or map mode other than Geocache view, you cannot select description/logs/hint unless you go back to geocaching icon and reselect the cache.

Not true at all. The trick is to stay in "geocaching mode". Don't use the shortcuts to switch to the map or compass, use the options in geocaching mode, then you can just hit the back button easily. If you are on the compass/map combo screen, you also go to the compass screen easily by hitting the center key.

-it would be nice if you could enter some notes with the find (TB found, etc) that would go into Filed Notes.

Definitely want to see this cabability added and expanded on (see my other post on ideas for this).

--Marky

I would like to have...

...a power on chime like the 60s.

...earthcache icon loaded as a earthcache icon instead of the blue question mark.

...proximity to waypoints, POIs, and geocaches.

...waypoint averaging.

...a lanyard for the unit.

...louder alerts (I like to listen to the radio when driving),

...the ability to delete geocaches from the map.

...customizable power on screen where I can input my contact info (right now I have it saved as a .jpg on the SD card so it will be viewable with image viewer feature.

Not true at all. The trick is to stay in "geocaching mode". Don't use the shortcuts to switch to the map or compass, use the options in geocaching mode, then you can just hit the back button easily. If you are on the compass/map combo screen, you also go to the compass screen easily by hitting the center key.

Thanks Marky...I will play with that. a lot of this is just figuring out what it can do! Thats where this forum is helpfull

Geoff