GPS software for GPS phone?

Tarrafis

Hey everyone,

My GPS died the other day and I do not have the funds to go buy another one at the time being. that said, I was planning on using my cell Phone (AT&T Tilt GPS enabled). I currently use Google Maps but it does not have a way to enter in Longitude and Latitude that I can find just addresses. Does anyone have a suggestion of a good GPS program that I can get for the phone? :) (most programs I have found charge a monthly fee which I am not opposed to paying.) Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Does anyone have a suggestion of a good GPS program that I can get for the phone? :blink: (most programs I have found charge a monthly fee which I am not opposed to paying.)

I have a Samsung Blackjack I and use CacheMate (smittyware dot com) with a GPSr bluetooth puck. This is my sole geocaching rig and it works great. CacheMate is a one-time $8 purchase with free upgrades. In my book, it is one of the best values going. :wub:

Hi :blink: I have a Nokia cellphone and the geocache navigator is for free, I works in Denmark on Nokia S60 Symbian cellphone, (6110, 5500 and N73)

I also use AFTrack it is an german program for the same type of cellphones.

specially when I go for a multi cach and I want a god map, the AFTrack can import a map on your own choice, I use 1:25 000 and it is very good.

Best regards and good hunting

HansLena

Thank you all for the input.

However geocache navigator does not work with any thing other than Nokia phones and Sprint/Nextell type services.

CacheMate, does not seem to have a GPS navigation for WM6 just for Palm powered devices.

If anybody has anyother ideas I would be very thankfull!!? :laughing:

CacheMate, does not seem to have a GPS navigation for WM6 just for Palm powered devices.

Tarrafis,

CacheMate does work with WM6 GPS interface, and very well. That is what I am using on my BlackJack with WM6, with nice results. Perhaps you were looking at the wrong version? Smittyware has two versions for WM6; the pocket PC version (touchpad phones), or the Smartphone (non-touchpad, like the BlackJack).

Here is the Smartphone version link: http://smittyware.com/ppc/cachemate/

(Full disclosure: I have no association with, or interest in the sale of CacheMate. I am just a happy user)