They came from the North

1.99 haggis from Asda

1.00 big bag tatties

50p turnip

You can't compare supermarket prices with pubs or else you could do this:

Frozen Haddock fillets in batter from Tesco (£2.99 for 4 big portions)

A couple of potatoes (50p?)

£1.25 per portion

Compared to a takeaway chippy at about £4 each.... Who's having a larf now? lol

1.99 haggis from Asda

1.00 big bag tatties

50p turnip

You can't compare supermarket prices with pubs or else you could do this:

Frozen Haddock fillets in batter from Tesco (£2.99 for 4 big portions)

A couple of potatoes (50p?)

£1.25 per portion

Compared to a takeaway chippy at about £4 each.... Who's having a larf now? lol

But you did not quote the rest of what I said Stuey ...

I also said I totally understood the pub had to make a profit, obviously that is what they are in business for, what I was trying to say was I can do the 3 of us H T and N at home for £3.50 the pub wants around ABOUT £30.00 for 3 portions, I think that is a bit extortionate.

I also said each to their own, if your willing to pay that then so be it, but I'm not....

I also said that folks will join in with what they want to do and will ignore what they dont want to do, we will be at the event, but I certainly wont be eating H T & N at those prices.

Mandy ;)

Mandy, you haven't read my post correctly. You are stating that is the price the pub wants, but I have said I don't know how much the pub are going to charge. Sue is quite correct it is an estimate given the rest of the pubs prices. Stuey is also correct you cannot compare supermarket prices with pub prices. Just because you can make a meal for £3.50 doesn't mean the pub shall meet that same price.

When I have eaten out in pubs, it usually costs between £25 to £35, a meal in the house that costs more than £5 is expensive.

There is of course no problem if you don't wish to eat haggis and would prefer the menu that is fine', but I can still see it being in the region of £25?

The Scottishish Quiz

We'll be at the pub from 6pm and you can collect a quiz sheet from Simon or me from 7pm. Bring a pencil/pen! You have about an hour to complete the quiz to the best of your team's ability. Maximum size for a team is 6 and we have about 35 quiz sheets. Prizes for being knowitalls, best drawing etc.

(Do you think we'll need more than 35?? :D )