They came from the North

I hope that this event is a further attraction to the cachers of the UK and we hope that you will enjoy the entertainment that we are planning to offer at this and the other events and activities planned around the first weekend in August.

"WE NEED YOU !"

As mentioned on the cache page, please indicate numbers and food requirements, as I dont want to be in the situation that people wish to eat and have to wait hours to get served.

A menu and pre-booking facility will be shortly availiable for both this event and the Mega event shortly on release of our main Mega event web site.

May I thank the UK and the rest of the world (e.g. Texas) :) for your support on behalf of the committee

Robin (Harrogate Hunters)

Edited by UK Mega Event Committee

Dave you are making us sound like aliens :):) "THEY COME FROM THE NORTH" :D:o

I come from the North and have met a few of the ones further North than me and they are a canny lot. :o

We will more than likely be there 2 adults and 1 spratlett, is there a garden/grassed area outside where we can sit with Jess?

Is this the "Meet the Jocks" event or is that something else?

M :P

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

Dave you are making us sound like aliens :blink::wub: "THEY COME FROM THE NORTH" :wub::wub:

I come from the North and have met a few of the ones further North than me and they are a canny lot. :wub:

We will more than likely be there 2 adults and 1 spratlett, is there a garden/grassed area outside where we can sit with Jess?

Is this the "Meet the Jocks" event or is that something else?

M :wub:

The title wasn't my idea, but I do like it :wub:

It is the same event that you have seen discussed on GeoX.

Up date on the food at the event.

Here is a link to the pub menu.

So that we can gauge how much Haggis & Neaps that needs to be purchased, can we get some feedback on what people would prefer please?

(a) If they would like to eat off the menu

(:ph34r: If they would like the special just for the cache meet of Haggis and Neaps.

At the moment we are unsure as to the price for the Haggis & Neaps, but we do not expect it to be any more expensive than the current menu!

We are not asking people to commit, just a vague indication if they would like Haggis and Neaps?

Please send myself an email through my profile with your preference.

If you have already stated in your will attend log that you wish to have Haggis, then no further action is required by you.

- and a special prize for haggis Hunter for being the first person* to mention Haggis in a forum post five times.......

*Ever, anywhere, in the whole World.....

I thought it was a good bit of advertisement for my living :blink::blink:

Ooooh careful. The C word :blink::wub:

Edited by Just Roger

I have just read back through all of the event page logs to determine who wishes to eat haggis. I have noticed that a few people have edited their logs to express their intent on eating. Doing this means that your request shall be missed. I basically don't re-read the logs after they have been submitted! :blink: on this th

There is no problem if you need to change your order, but please let me know on this thread, by email or post another note.

- and a special prize for haggis Hunter for being the first person* to mention Haggis in a forum post five times.......

*Ever, anywhere, in the whole World.....

Ooooh careful. The C word

The 'C' word? icon_scratch.gif

Edited by Haggis Hunter

Ooooh careful. The C word

The 'C' word? icon_scratch.gif

C-m-r-i--l Like the things they squeeze the programs in between on the telly

Oh right!! Well if Groundspeak really believe that I am advertising a living of Haggis Hunting, then they can go ahead and delete my post. The joke will only be on them!

:blink::o:wub::D:o

Will it be Vegetarian Haggis? :anibad::rolleyes:

I get the distinct feeling that this is not a serious question? But I shall endeavour to find out!

I do know that the pub are going out of their way to put haggis on for the night, so at the moment I am not sure that vegetarian haggis will be a viable option. There is still the main menu option for any vegetarians that wish to attend.

Will it be Vegetarian Haggis? :huh::)

I get the distinct feeling that this is not a serious question? But I shall endeavour to find out!

I do know that the pub are going out of their way to put haggis on for the night, so at the moment I am not sure that vegetarian haggis will be a viable option. There is still the main menu option for any vegetarians that wish to attend.

Eeek no sorry Dave, was only joking. :rolleyes:

The pub are doing well putting it on the menu especially for yoos as it is - please don't hassle them! :ph34r:

Everybody knows that Haggis run around the hills on their little legs eating heather and blaeberries, so of course they are vegetarian! - just ask Mandy! :D

I know there is a vegetarian version and it tastes like the real thing, but think it is only available around Burns supper dates. :anibad:

Will it be Vegetarian Haggis? :):D

Eeek no sorry Dave, was only joking. :D

Don't worry Sue, no harm done. :)

I am afraid that at the moment, a vegetarian option of haggis is not available. However, vegetarians can still order from the main menu for an alternative meal.

Everybody knows that Haggis run around the hills on their little legs eating heather and blaeberries, so of course they are vegetarian! - just ask Mandy! :D

Your just sooooooooooo wrong .............. their front legs are little and their back legs are longer, and they run around the bottom of hills, they eat bracken and drink whisky, thats why they are golden, and if you shout boo they get a shock and fall over and cant get back up again thats how you catch them :(:)

Dave has promised me two legs one of each size :)

Sheesh these Scots know nowt :D and they reckon I'm mad!!!

Mandy :)

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

At the present moment there are 98 individuals coming to this event (That includes adults and children from each user name).

Out of the 98 people, 85 are intending to eat.

Out of that 85 only 43 have said if they preferred to have haggis or eat from the menu. For those that have said they would like to eat and haven't expressed an opinion on haggis or menu it would be appreciated if you could do so.

If you have edited your event page log since the 15th June, then I will not know what you have stated. I'm afraid that I don't have the time to re-read all of the logs and cross reference them with the compiled information each week.

So an email or note on the event page would be appreciated.

Many thanks

HH

Hiya Dave

Do you have a price yet for haggis tatties and neeps per head?

Mandy :D

At the moment I am afraid that is a no. It shouldn't be any more than what a meal from the menu costs, which range from £7 to about £12 a meal. I think to say that about £10 would give you an idea for now, but I don't think the pub can say until they purchase the haggis. This is after all a one off meal that they are putting on for us.

Sorry I can't be more definite, but when and if I get an exact price I will let you know.

You are not committing to buying anything by giving your preference. It is just so we can get an idea to what to purchase.

Hiya Dave

Do you have a price yet for haggis tatties and neeps per head?

Mandy :lol:

I think to say that about £10 would give you an idea for now, but I don't think the pub can say until they purchase the haggis.

Woooooooa their having a laff 10 quid a head for haggis tattie and neeps!!!! :D

I know they have to make a profit but thats way OTT

I will go and put on my suit of armour and wait for the flak for being a tight Northern git :D

Woooooooa their having a laff 10 quid a head for haggis tattie and neeps!!!! :lol:

I will go and put on my suit of armour and wait for the flak for being a tight Northern git :D

Assume it was just an estimate there Mandy.

A tin of Haggis in £esco only cost 75p, I think HH was just being over cautious due to the pubs prices.

Its a dead easy meal for the pub to cook.

That seems quite reasonable to me. I probably paid about a tenner when I had it in a local pub last year. Then again, I'm from darrrrn saaaaffffff in Devon (ooo arrrr) :lol:

That seems quite reasonable to me. I probably paid about a tenner when I had it in a local pub last year. Then again, I'm from darrrrn saaaaffffff in Devon (ooo arrrr) :D

This where the North / South divide will come in Stuey B) and they are just hoping you daft Southerners will pay their prices :D:D (I am joking)

1.99 haggis from Asda

1.00 big bag tatties

50p turnip

This is more than enough to feed the 3 of us, and costs about £3.50 for all of us :lol:

I know the pub has to make a profit, I do understand that, I know others will be willing to pay the price, but I for one am not will to pay ABOUT 30 quid for 3 of us haggis, tattie and neeps.

Ask any of the Scots in the forums...............haggis, tattie and neeps is a POOR MANS MEAL :D

This is going back to a previous thread.........folks will do what they want to do and ignore what they dont want to do :D

Edited by Us 4 and Jess