Help! I deleted a file off the CO 300!

RogFel

Last night while messing around I accidentally deleted one of the map files from my CO 300. Not sure what the files name was but I now only have the file called - gmapbmap.img 92708 KB on the machine. I know that I had 2 gmmap?map.img files on the machine.

Is there anyway that someone could send me the lost file? Or tell me where I could download it? Or is it needed? I don't notice any difference in the Colorado's operation. Thanks

Last night while messing around I accidentally deleted one of the map files from my CO 300. Not sure what the files name was but I now only have the file called - gmapbmap.img 92708 KB on the machine. I know that I had 2 gmmap?map.img files on the machine.

Is there anyway that someone could send me the lost file? Or tell me where I could download it? Or is it needed? I don't notice any difference in the Colorado's operation. Thanks

The one you still have is the built-in basemap. Did you download another map file to the unit? If so, just redownload it. The only .img file I have besides the image I set for my downloaded maps is the basemap.

Hi,

I have exactly the opposite problem: my son deleted accidently some files in the /Garmin-Share. I was able to re-upload the maps controlled by mapsource, but my basemap has gone :)

Anybody out there who knows what to do?

g-o-cachers strongly recommended to have a backup of this share; he is soooo right... I now know ;)

Any help highly appreciated!! Thanks, saugi

I have a 400T that I screwed up and erased the unit map with just one little click.I called Garmin and I was suprised how helpful they were.First of all I was told I was not the first to do it.May be some updates will add something to warn you what your doing?He did not thing he could send the file that size to me,something to do with AOL.So I sent my unit back and they will send me a new one.I will save this units info to a disk to cover my stupid self in the future.Granted I have not received the new unit as of yet but if things go right Garmin in my hero.

@Geocaching-Geckos: Thanks a lot for your offer, another guy mad a similar one and is going to send me his backup data. If that should fail I would be glad to come back to you.

Does anybody know if taking the data files from another Colorado and uploading to mine does work at all? Or is the unit ID or something similar coded somewhere so it won't accept these files?

Thanks to all for your help, saugi