Visiting Amsterdam in May

planemaker

I will be in Amsterdam in October and am looking forward to some responses to this question.

I will be in Amsterdam for a week before heading to the Hague for 4 days.

We have then left a week open to tour as we like. We are hoping to come across some events and meet some fellow cachers while in the Netherlands.

Edited by cookie&faith

I will be in Amsterdam in October and am looking forward to some responses to this question.

We have then left a week open to tour as we like. We are hoping to come across some events and meet some fellow cachers while in the Netherlands.

Hi there,

Travelling myself a lot, I always enjoy meeting other caches when abroad, so I would be most happy to meet and do some joint caching.

I am living north of the Hague and there are many great caches that I can recommend. October can be quite rainy (actually anytime of the year can be rainy) so it depends on the weather whether you want to go for a long hike or stick to short caches.

There might be some events in that period. On the 18th of October there is a Snert-event (Snert is the Dutch short name for grean-pea soup, a traditional Dutch soup), but it will be in the North East part of the country.

Keep in touch, either via PM or this thread.

I haven't gone caching in Amsterdam yet, but I did read about some cool ones. I usually use the world cache map on google maps to find caches. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/gmnearest.aspx

If you zoom in on Amsterdam, you can probably find a bunch of caches near places that you'll want to visit in the city. Most of them will have English descriptions too.

Here are some sights/caches you could check out:

*Dam Square. Pretty square overlooking the palace and monument. Lots of pigeons and tourists around, and a lot of tourist shops nearby on the "damrak" street. There's a multi-cache route which starts at the Dam Square. GCX2AJ:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...aa-3f45c0e42fc1

*Anne Frank house. Seeing the actual place makes the history more real. They built a big museum around their original hiding place. In the high season there will be lines around the block, but on 'regular' days you'll get right in.

*Cache GC921. "Amsterdam Urban 2: Under The Bridge". http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...f6-f0fc819d6be3 A cache which can only be reached by paddle boat, as it's located underneath one of the many bridges. That might be a fun cache and a fun way to see the city from a different angle. Even if you don't find it, you'll probably have fun.

Just my two cents :unsure:

Edited by erslersl

Hi there,

Travelling myself a lot, I always enjoy meeting other caches when abroad, so I would be most happy to meet and do some joint caching.

I am living north of the Hague and there are many great caches that I can recommend. October can be quite rainy (actually anytime of the year can be rainy) so it depends on the weather whether you want to go for a long hike or stick to short caches.

There might be some events in that period. On the 18th of October there is a Snert-event (Snert is the Dutch short name for grean-pea soup, a traditional Dutch soup), but it will be in the North East part of the country.

Keep in touch, either via PM or this thread.

Hello! It would be wonderful to cache with you while we are in your country.

I will send you a PM.

I saw that event posted but at this point we are still unsure if we will make it.

Thanks for your response and help. Happy caching, Faith