Going on vacation in Ireland - Caches not to be missed?

planemaker

Hello from Canada!

I am going on vacation for a ten days in Ireland (Dublin, Waterford, Cork, "The ring of Kerry", Shannon). While I am visiting I would like to do some caching (leaving unique Canadian TB's while I am here!), any suggestions on caches that I should not miss? If we meet on the hunt, I would love to share a Guinness too! :)

Thanks!

Planemaker

Hello from Canada!

I am going on vacation for a ten days in Ireland (Dublin, Waterford, Cork, "The ring of Kerry", Shannon). While I am visiting I would like to do some caching (leaving unique Canadian TB's while I am here!), any suggestions on caches that I should not miss? If we meet on the hunt, I would love to share a Guinness too! :)

Thanks!

Planemaker

Memorable ones around the Ring Of Kerry / Cork region;

Atlantic Whirlpool

The Flying Dutchman

The Liberator

Beacon Point

There are probably some good newer ones too, but these should do nicely! Guinness is not difficult to locate along the way: try this one for a typical Irish pub. Sadly, the Tin Pub appears to have closed this month.

Edited by Happy Humphrey

I second GC43 - Europes First. Has to be on anybody's list if they are in/near Dublin (it's a few miles south near Bray Head)

Three of us are planning a quick day trip from Newcastle to Dublin, the main objective is "Europe's First". We will have a hire car and about six hours to cache - any suggestions?

If you're flying in to Shannon and heading in the Cork direction, I can highly recommend GC1WH6T Bunratty Winery. You will be passing Bunratty Castle as you head in the dual carriage way from the airport. The pub 'Durty Nellys' is a nice place to stop for a bite to eat and the cache is a little gem - lots of international travellers passing through as well so it's a busy one.

Another nice one is GC30K3J The Great Golf Ball, it's a handy little multi and the view from the top is awesome - the Shannon estuary and Limerick City. Those are two of the three caches I've done so I'm not very experienced but I think they're worth a stop on your way :) Have a great time!