Vista HCx and 4GB microSDHC cards - are they compatible ?

SriSoKoSu

Does anyone know if the Vista HCx will work with the newer 4GB microSDHC cards ? Note that I am NOT looking for the unit to recognize the entire 4GB capacity and I certainly don't plan on filling up the card. If the unit recognizes upto the first 2GB on the card, that'll be just fine.

Given how cheap 4GB microSDHC cards are these days, since I will be buying a new one, I'd rather pay a few $$$ more than the price of 1 or 2GB cards and get the 4GB microSDHC.

Thanks for any pointers, or better yet, reply from people who own a Vista HCx AND a 4GB microSDHC and could please try this out real quick.

P.S. I did search the forum for a similar topic and found this old thread, but it is old and does not address the question I am interested in. If mods feel like merging the two threads, please feel free to do so.

Does anyone know if the Vista HCx will work with the newer 4GB microSDHC cards ? Note that I am NOT looking for the unit to recognize the entire 4GB capacity and I certainly don't plan on filling up the card. If the unit recognizes upto the first 2GB on the card, that'll be just fine.

Given how cheap 4GB microSDHC cards are these days, since I will be buying a new one, I'd rather pay a few $$$ more than the price of 1 or 2GB cards and get the 4GB microSDHC.

Thanks for any pointers, or better yet, reply from people who own a Vista HCx AND a 4GB microSDHC and could please try this out real quick.

P.S. I did search the forum for a similar topic and found this old thread, but it is old and does not address the question I am interested in. If mods feel like merging the two threads, please feel free to do so.

People have reported success with the 60/76 series using HC cards.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...618&hl=sdhc

Why don't you buy one of those cheapies, try it in the Vista HCX and let us know how it works?