Woot! side offer Leatherman multi-tool

Knight2000

You'll not find a more reliable multitool, IMHO, than a Leatherman. I've carried most mainstream brands, and these are my favorites, particularly the Leatherman Wave.

Alas, like GPSs, everyone has a favorite, and some folks swear by other brands as "THE BEST". I've dealt with Leatherman's warranty service, and they are fast, efficient, and seem to fix ANY abuse you deal out on the tools, at zero cost, other than shipping to the plant.

Best of all, American Made, nothing imported, as far as I am aware.

AS far as prices go, the site listed doesn't have the best. WalMart carries most of the line, and no added expense of shipping. Plus you can put your hands on them to get a feel for each model.

Makes me want to go out and buy another....*sigh*

Cheers!

Edited by TheBattons

You'll not find a more reliable multitool, IMHO, than a Leatherman. I've carried most mainstream brands, and these are my favorites, particularly the Leatherman Wave.

Alas, like GPSs, everyone has a favorite, and some folks swear by other brands as "THE BEST". I've dealt with Leatherman's warranty service, and they are fast, efficient, and seem to fix ANY abuse you deal out on the tools, at zero cost, other than shipping to the plant.

AS far as prices go, the site listed doesn't have the best. WalMart carries most of the line, and no added expense of shipping. Plus you can put your hands on them to get a feel for each model.

Cheers!

I agree. I think the Wave has the locking blades, that's the one I have. Locking blades are a must, I was so tired of the screwdrivers folding in when you have to apply pressure to keep them from slipping.

I have an older one I broke the pliers on, tried to remove a cotter key by sticking the jaw through and smacking it with a hammer. If I get around to sending it in they'll fix it free as stated even though the tool breakage was my fault. Instead though I payed for my own mistake and bought the Leatherman Wave, which is also more comfortable to your hands. I've used a couple of other brands but they don't equal the Leatherman in my opinion.

Cheers!

I agree. I think the Wave has the locking blades, that's the one I have. Locking blades are a must, I was so tired of the screwdrivers folding in when you have to apply pressure to keep them from slipping.

I have an older one I broke the pliers on, tried to remove a cotter key by sticking the jaw through and smacking it with a hammer. If I get around to sending it in they'll fix it free as stated even though the tool breakage was my fault. Instead though I payed for my own mistake and bought the Leatherman Wave, which is also more comfortable to your hands. I've used a couple of other brands but they don't equal the Leatherman in my opinion.

I have the model they call the Core, it also has locking blades. Check out amazon.com, I got free shipping and no sales tax.

"You'll not find a more reliable multitool, IMHO, than a Leatherman. I've carried most mainstream brands, and these are my favorites, particularly the Leatherman Wave."

I really must second that! I also abuse I mean use the Wave model, my second. I wore out the first one and they sent me a new one! They are just hard to beat. I work in facility maintenance and I tend to do mean things to it. Most knives wouldn't last one year. I've had my second one now for 5 years... on the job every day. I like the simplicity of the Wave over other models. The only drawback is that their pliers are not the strongest or the safest. If you really need pliers, get pliers. If you get to ambitious with the pliers you'll end up with some pinched little blue dots along your fingers for sure! :laughing:

Another tip. After a few years of use the pliers may start to feel somewhat loose. Just reapply some fine oil to the pivot point and work it in. They'll tighten back up nicely!