Where to "Acquire" Ammo Cans.....?

DorkX2

I want to start leaving some of my own Geocaches. Where is a good place to buy ammo cans? I have looked on eBay, but the shipping is outrageous. Is there somewhere with reasonable rates for the cans and shipping, or does anyone know anywhere local in the Portland, OR area?

Thanks!

Don't know for sure but try:

Andy and Bax

324 Se Grand Ave, Portland, OR

(503) 234-7538

Or

The foxhole

2240 SE 182nd Ave, Portland, OR

(503) 491-5852

And one more!

Aloha Surplus

(503) 491-5852

Google is your friend.

Edited by Zolgar

Zolgar, Google search was my freind too!

Aloha Surplus

(503) 491-5852

Good quantity and variety of ammo cans, matchbox, and decon containers. Prices for ammo cans are reasonable. About what you would pay on the internet including shipping. I think it is about time for us to make another trip to Aloha :lol:

I ordered 18 from guy on eBay named cothransmilitary, here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=250212721207

I chose Parcel Post shipping. Cans were $36, shipping was $28.72, total was $64.72, a delivered per-can cost of $3.60.

And these things were brand new (unlike my local Army/Navy store, which wanted $9.99 per can for ones in less-than-ideal condition).

Check out this website.

Turns out, there's tons of ammo boxes just lying around all over the place. Just go pick one up. :D

:)

:unsure:

:D

:D

:laughing:

Sorry, had to post this. The topic "Where to "Acquire" Ammo Cans.....?", especially the "Acquire" part, just seems to be begging for such a response.

On Topic: The local surplus store here has 'em for $4.99, and we're in beautiful tax free New Hampshire!

Edit: Oh! Hey! They have a website. I have no idea what they charge for shipping, but...

Very heavy- Extra shipping charge will apply. Call or Email for exact price.
...sounds ominous. :) Edited by Too Tall John

Check out this website.

Turns out, there's tons of ammo boxes just lying around all over the place. Just go pick one up. :)

Sorry, had to post this. The topic "Where to "Acquire" Ammo Cans.....?", especially the "Acquire" part, just seems to be begging for such a response.

On Topic: The local surplus store here has 'em for $4.99, and we're in beautiful tax free New Hampshire!

Well if you didn't I was going to.

Topic pretty well covered, just thanking Too Tall for the obligatory S/A comment.

Try going to Fort Lewis and bidding on them at a DRMO auction/sale. You'll have to buy a pallet or two but they'll be very cheap. Get some other cachers involved and you won't be swamped with them.

If prices continue to rise nationwide, I may have to start a small cottage industry in "ammo can sales" as I live real close to Fort Hood, TX and they auction them off every month.

For anyone who is looking for Ammo Cans, PM me for a custom quote on both 30 Cal and also 50 Cal Ammo Cans that are used but in great condition.

Please remember to include how many you would like of each and you zip code. Keep in mind if you specify a commercial shipping address the shipping can be quite a bit cheaper as well.

I have a lot of Ammo Cans in stock!

Edit: Oh! Hey! They have a website. I have no idea what they charge for shipping, but...

...sounds ominous. :o

Thanks for that link! I've passed the Conway store plenty of times but never went in because I figured they just sold overpriced crap like every other army/navy store I've seen. Judging by the website, looks like that one sells reasonably priced crap! :o

...sounds ominous. :o
Thanks for that link! I've passed the Conway store plenty of times but never went in because I figured they just sold overpriced crap like every other army/navy store I've seen. Judging by the website, looks like that one sells reasonably priced crap! :o
Next time you're passing through, shoot me a line! We can stop by R U Nuts? There's a nice new series going up the mountains behind there, too. 24 caches so far, more to come. Great views, too.

Oh, Army Barracks also has recently had some nice micros. Couldn't find 'em on the website, though.

Next time you're passing through, shoot me a line! We can stop by R U Nuts? There's a nice new series going up the mountains behind there, too. 24 caches so far, more to come. Great views, too.

Oh, Army Barracks also has recently had some nice micros. Couldn't find 'em on the website, though.

Will do! Will be there in June for a week, and probably another week in July or August. Gotta finish up R U Nuts anyway. Saw the Moat Mountain series going in when we were there last august, but didn't really feel comfortable with the ALR of having to hide a cache 5hrs away. Speaking of Moat Mt, gotta remember to bring up a few growlers and stock up on Moat Mt blueberry beer!

And, to get back on topic, MidwayUSA has decent prices on ammo cans.

Cheaper Than Dirt used to be cheap ($20 for 6 30cal cans, if I remember right) but I guess they got greedy when all the cachers started buying them, and now their prices are about average.

Do a PQ where container size = regular... er, oh forget it.
I find them just laying out in the woods. Just throw away all the trash in them. I hear there is a website that will help you find them. :anibad:
At least I:
  • read the thread to make sure nobody else had posted the same joke
  • immediately apologized for the bad humor

...when I posted the same joke.