NEWBIE IN PARMA LOOKING FOR GEOCACHING PARTNER

Dreamer1969723

Hi,

I'm new to all of this and it has caught my attention quite completely. I am looking for someone with a bit more experience to show me the ropes. I have found 10 caches with great help from googlemaps sat view. but im getting a bit out of my league from here on out. Let me know we can meet somewhere for coffee and maybe a cache or two. P.S. I have 2 geo items that are trackable but im not quite sure what to do with them. I was hoping to find another cache to place them but im finding it hard to find a good place most i have done are micro ones.. :lol:

Greetings Dreamer & Welcome!

I'm not sure where you live, but looking at the caches you've found, I'm guessing that you live in Ohio.

I'm in Indiana, so I'm not a lot of help to you. But, I'm sure someone from Ohio would be more than willing to help you out. It might be good to post your general area though to find someone local.

Trackables are pretty easy. Just click on "Trackables" on the left hand side of the main GC page. Log the trackable number (found on the dog tag or printed on a coin). That will take you to the Trackable item's page and you can "retrieve it" so it will appear in your inventory. This is essential so that it will move from the cache's page into your inventory. That way people won't think that the item has been stolen.

It is an exciting hobby, but getting some lessons from a seasoned geocacher will be very helpful.

Good Luck! (If you make it over to Indiana, I'd be happy to meet up with you and show you the ropes!)

You are lucky to live in an area of high cache density, a wide variety of cache types, and an active, friendly local geocaching community. You will want to join Geochums, which is the most popular place for cachers in your area to ask questions and share stories.

Northeast Ohio, like the rest of the state, has a busy calendar of geocaching events -- there are more than 20 on the upcoming schedule. For your first event, I recommend attending this monthly event that is traveling to North Royalton in March.

Greetings Dreamer & Welcome!

I'm not sure where you live, but looking at the caches you've found, I'm guessing that you live in Ohio.

I'm in Indiana, so I'm not a lot of help to you. But, I'm sure someone from Ohio would be more than willing to help you out. It might be good to post your general area though to find someone local.

Trackables are pretty easy. Just click on "Trackables" on the left hand side of the main GC page. Log the trackable number (found on the dog tag or printed on a coin). That will take you to the Trackable item's page and you can "retrieve it" so it will appear in your inventory. This is essential so that it will move from the cache's page into your inventory. That way people won't think that the item has been stolen.

It is an exciting hobby, but getting some lessons from a seasoned geocacher will be very helpful.

Good Luck! (If you make it over to Indiana, I'd be happy to meet up with you and show you the ropes!)

Thank you Jenischmeni....I might take you up on the offer this summer if I get a chance to get to IN.

Welcome to the addiction. I used to live in Broadview Hts a long time ago. You might want to try checking the NEOGEO site www.neogeocachers.com for someone to meet with. Also, don't be afraid to attend an event in your area. These can become just as addicting as caching itself.

Thank you Clatmandu.. I will give neogeo a shot... ;)

You are lucky to live in an area of high cache density, a wide variety of cache types, and an active, friendly local geocaching community. You will want to join Geochums, which is the most popular place for cachers in your area to ask questions and share stories.

Northeast Ohio, like the rest of the state, has a busy calendar of geocaching events -- there are more than 20 on the upcoming schedule. For your first event, I recommend attending this monthly event that is traveling to North Royalton in March.

Thank you The Leprechauns.... I will go to them right noww!!! ;);):D;)