Releasing Geocoins This Year

Dr. Whoever

I have seen a few posts lately from people selling off their activated collections. My collection is also so huge I cannot take it anywhere without major injury to my back. So, instead of selling them so someone else can fill a binder and leave it in a closet I am going to release 400+ this year into the wild. I have already sent over 100 into caches all over the world. 300 to go......or more.

Now, if there's anyone who would like to help drop some of these in let's say (Iceland, Greenland, Belgium, Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Poland, Russia, Czech Republic, Luxembourg, France, UK, Finland, Australia, New Zealand, and any other place in the USA not really close to me that I can't immediately get to please post here not my email please and I'll try to get some for you to drop). I'd really like to see more coins travel instead of just disappearing into binders or into some unknown abyss.

Who wants to join in?

EDIT: Added USA too. I need more traveling here far from California

I'm new to these forums but not to the coins and caching. You recently moved one of my coins and I thought that was the coolest thing ever. I love your coins and watch for new ones from you all the time. I get into some very cool spots in Utah (when the weather permits) I would be glad to drop some coins for you if you would like.

I will be visiting these forums more often now that I have some idea how to work them.

I'm glad to have spoken with you.

Thanks,

Stinkyju

Thanks for the support to all. And double thanks Larry as I know you also release a bunch of coins and I too have moved some of yours. One goal is to get a coin on every continent. Hmmm, still missing Antarctica........think there's a chance?

One goal is to get a coin on every continent. Hmmm, still missing Antarctica........think there's a chance?

Can't help with Antarctica and you've already got Tasmania covered, but were nearly as close here in South Australia if you've still got a few to send forth.

I think you've got my details and I'd love to be part of this grand and generous release! :D

Edited by Bunya

Whew!!

Big postal bill today. Put over 500 out to travel today. 50 will be at Groundspeak HQ by Tuesday. Anyone headed there grab one and drop it far and wide.

I'll also be taking 350 to Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Lumembourg, Italy, France and possible Czech Republic next April (4 week caching trip). At that point I'd like to have a cool 1000 out traveling.

You could found a couple of days in teh sunny part of europe :D i think that all the guys here in Portugal would like to receive you.

Paulo

Edited by PLnauta

Over 600 out now. I found another 100 or so that I will activate and release soon. I'll refer to these posts for anyone interested. Thanks again for all the help getting more coins out in the caching world and away from DARK, LONELY BINDERS!

The Netherlands and Belguim, that are the country's where i can drop coins for you.

I love when coins travel so i natural want to help you. :unsure:

Got the ones you sent me! I'll place them soon, and try to spread them out a bit.

2291549085_3fedac1786.jpg

Can you let me know where the Appalachian Tenn/NC coin ends up, I'de like to keep tabs on it so I can try and see it at some point. I'm gonna be up in Raleigh soon and would like to see this one because I love the AT through the Tenn/NC border. I don't know if tipping someone off to a coins location is against the rules or frowned on, but if you cant let me know then its cool.

Got the ones you sent me! I'll place them soon, and try to spread them out a bit.

2291549085_3fedac1786.jpg

Can you let me know where the Appalachian Tenn/NC coin ends up, I'de like to keep tabs on it so I can try and see it at some point. I'm gonna be up in Raleigh soon and would like to see this one because I love the AT through the Tenn/NC border. I don't know if tipping someone off to a coins location is against the rules or frowned on, but if you cant let me know then its cool.

You should be able to go to Castle Man's profile and see the list of his geocoins and put it on a watch list to see where it goes.

We would love to put some of your coins in the Western part of Germany and in May we are going to cache a little bit in Ireland!

I also want to say thank you for this great idea. You are really a great cacher and this will hopefully encourage other cachers too to send out their beautiful coins!

Edited by yanagi

And you want to send a coin to Antarctica - Thats a cold place to send a poor old coin off to......

Maybe we could make a mission to get the Antarctica Coin to a cache here in Sunny Spain and send a nice relaxed coin sunning itself in Spain on a mission to the cold Antarctica

Just an idea.

Thanks to all who have received the coins so far. Email was very full this morning (over 100) posted already. Keep grabbing and dropping. This is going to be so much fun. So Far they have landed in New Zealand, Australia, All over the USA, Canada, Germany, UK and Netherlands. Keep them traveling. Thanks again for the great fun.

This is a great idea! I once was a "binder collector" myself until I decided that it'd be better to share my coins than to have them sitting on my shelf.

So I've been releasing many coins, almost 400 traveling/earmarked for traveling. My traveling coins so far have racked up over 570,000+ miles around the world. I'm still waiting for my coins to reach Africa and/or Antarctica.

I've helped a Castle Man coin or two travel and he's also moved one or two of mine. I'd help out with his coin release program but I've got enough of my own to get into caches!

Edited by Mauison

This is a great idea! I once was a "binder collector" myself until I decided that it'd be better to share my coins than to have them sitting on my shelf.

So I've been releasing many coins, almost 400 traveling/earmarked for traveling. My traveling coins so far have racked up over 570,000+ miles around the world. I'm still waiting for my coins to reach Africa and/or Antarctica.

I've helped a Castle Man coin or two travel and he's also moved one or two of mine. I'd help out with his coin release program but I've got enough of my own to get into caches!

This is awesome Mauison, thanks for sharing. Closing in on the 1,000,000 mile club.

Thanks for the support to all. And double thanks Larry as I know you also release a bunch of coins and I too have moved some of yours. One goal is to get a coin on every continent. Hmmm, still missing Antarctica........think there's a chance?

I had one heading to Antarctica :D...

But I think it may have been on board that ship that sunk in Antarctic waters a while back :D...

So maybe I now have to deepest lying geocoin? (It was a Crake coin too :( )

Edited by keewee

Hey Castleman

I hope that i can find some of your coins in the Netherlands.

I :( love :D to find coins and then getting there icon.

That is why i also send all off my coins in to the wide whole world, so everyone can admire them, get the icon and write a nice log and put them back in caches.

That is what i love about geocoins :D

I received Castle Man's coins just yesterday and the first will go in a cache later today and a second will go tomorrow if I find the cache :(

The others will go with me early in march on a hunting trip near a larger population area. I'm looking forward to following their travels.

They aren't even mine and I still feel like a parent sending out his children into the world. This could get habit forming.....

Hi Castle Man!

I think what you are doing is really amazing and I would love to be a part of it! If you still intend to send a few coins to europe I would be more than happy to drop them here for you. I am in Southern Germany but I could bring them to Austria, Swiss and maybe France as well.

Hope to hear from You.

Greetings,

Chris

Edited by Lizard-King

As of today almost 1/2 have reached the cachers that they were send to. Keep dropping cachers. Lots of new terrain to discover and thanks for the fun.

Jim-

Thanks for doing this. The 4 coins sent to Northern Virginia / Maryland have been dropped as of yesterday in Virginia and Maryland caches. Two of the coins have already been picked up by another cacher and are on my watch list.

Thanks again,

PSU Fan

Edited by PSU Fan