My Account Page Re-order

Beaverbeliever

On the right side of the My Account page a couple weeks ago, it was ordered great, Search Options, Account Options, Premium Features, Google Mapping Features, and then My Inventory. Now with the new field notes, everything is weird. It is now:

Search Options

Field Notes

Premium Features

Account Options

Google Mapping Features

My Inventory

I think it should be:

Search Options

Account Options

Premium Features

Field Notes

My Inventory

Google Mapping Features

Because of how I use it the most.

I heard about modularity for ver 2.0, and being able to turn on/off features by Groundspeak, but will this also allow for re-order? The reason is I don't have a Garmin Colorado, and really don't want the field notes thing.

Does anyone else feel the same way about this? :lol:

I think it is only a matter of time before the field notes thingy is used by a number of software packages for both PPC and Palm. At least that potential exists.

Do you think sometime they will allow the "Log Cache" part of cachemate to download the log from that? That would be very convenient! :lol:

It is at least possible - if cachemate were to create the appropriate text file in the right format. Have to ask the developers over there to work on it.

The structure of geocaching_visits.txt is already known. Guess it's a matter of time before cachemate, gpx sonar and others have this functionality working.

Still, placing this up high on the My Account page is a bit too much.

We were assuming common use cases. As you said, the structure of the geocaching_visits.txt file is a simple comma delimited format that other applications can easily adapt to. Having the ability to quickly link to and upload that file will be important to more people. Also the amount of real estate for that link and descriptive text made the impact minimal.

We were assuming common use cases. As you said, the structure of the geocaching_visits.txt file is a simple comma delimited format that other applications can easily adapt to. Having the ability to quickly link to and upload that file will be important to more people. Also the amount of real estate for that link and descriptive text made the impact minimal.

Oh, come on jeremy, be honest.. the 'field notes' feature is certainly the least used feature out of all of them on the sidebar. It should definitely be last. IF someone is doing the field notes thing, then it will be commonly used by *that person*, but still, this affects all site users, so they should be in order of usage by ALL users of the site.

I understand you want to hype the trimble navigator and colorado and new features of the site by making the links prominent. But doing it by making old features harder to use isn't the way to do it.