Mapsource Data Type HELP>>>!

KD6QZX

I have mapsource v4 and v6 on my computer and have used them on older units (v4 with a GPS V and v6 on a quest and 60cs.) I have a Garmin 478 and now the Colorado 400t. On the 478 is City Nav CN and I have the update data CD of 2008. I have installed this on the 478, but I can not use this on my PC it only updated the 478 unit.

Here is my reqest for help. I want City Nav 2008 NT on my PC for routing purposes and then to be able to put maps on the Colorado. I find that Garmin offers 2 media formats, the CD and the SD card with this map data on it. I know the data from the CD will work in this application. so the QUESTION will be: can I load the same data to my PC from the SD card ( I have a Card-reader), then can I use the SD card in my Colorado for maps as well.??????

I have a second question of how do I remove the old maps from my PC ( v=the V4 and V6) once I get the new 2008 NT version on there. I no longer have the old gps units that used that mapping software.

Edited by KD6QZX

Oh I should add, that you can buy the upgrade DVD which is much cheaper than the full version and upgrade from version 6.

I was lead to believe that if you want to upgrade to North America 2008 NT, you MUST have an earlier version of NT. NON- nt can't upgrade to NT. Anyone try this? I have city select v7, and would like to upgrade to 2008 NT.